Discounted Collector Editions from $24-29.99

kygad

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Probably YMMV but, stopped by the Hawthorne Best Buy yesterday. They had Infamous 2 CE, Assassins Creed Brotherhood CE (about ten for 360 only 1 for ps3) and WOW Cataclysm CE. All ranging from $24-29.99. In that store these were all in an aisle right before the gaming section. There was also The old Republic CE and a couple other CE but, I price checked all others and they were at regular MSRP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine had a rack of clearance stuff 50-80% off, but there was nothing but junk. Was tempted to get Saints Row 3 Platinum Edition, but it was still 40 bucks.

[quote name='TheCro']Mine had a rack of clearance stuff 50-80% off, but there was nothing but junk. Was tempted to get Saints Row 3 Platinum Edition, but it was still 40 bucks.[/QUOTE]
Yeah my locals are full of crap too. I have found nothing worth it. I live in the valley but had to go to OC so I dropped by this one on the way home. I was looking for a per-owned copy of mgs hd for ps3 (just became unlocked member and trying to use my $10 coupon) and bb online said that store had it. IT LIED but, it did get me to find these deals at least.

A bit off topic but why is it NONE of the stores by me--Best Buy, K-Mart, Sears, Target--have clearance racks? Closest thing any of them have to one is a $20 section which is a pretty poor excuse for a clearance section.

[quote name='TheCro']Mine had a rack of clearance stuff 50-80% off, but there was nothing but junk. Was tempted to get Saints Row 3 Platinum Edition, but it was still 40 bucks.[/QUOTE]

$40 is a good price IMO, but am a cheapgamer sooooooooooooo

I could probably wait for $30. Thanks for the heads up OP.

I think it's definitely YMMV. Was at my local BB and they still had usual CEs: Saints Row 3 @79, LotR @39, Gears Epic @99, infamous2 @79 and ACB @29. No extra discounts noted. Kinda miffed I missed the Gears drop at $60 even though the statue looks like Marcus is taking a dump (look at it from the side, sorry if I ruined this for you).

[quote name='Multibeaster79']I think it's definitely YMMV. Was at my local BB and they still had usual CEs: Saints Row 3 @79, LotR @39, Gears Epic @99, infamous2 @79 and ACB @29. No extra discounts noted.[/QUOTE]

Did the cashier scan the CE? Because the price could be on system but not on display. It could be the same thing as TRU when AC:Brotherhood CE was/is at $10. It was not display, but I told the cashier about the price & than scan the game.

Yeah. I had them scan saints, infamous and gears but no luck. All still reg BB pricing. Clearance out here has been kinda meh this month. (Seemed like more SKUs dropped last month IMO).

I'm still waiting for PS3 Soul Calibur V CE to drop down from $59.99 or $39.99 with the coupon. I could get the regular version for $20. Still need to buy the magazine though.

[quote name='kygad']Probably YMMV but, stopped by the Hawthorne Best Buy yesterday. They had Infamous 2 CE, Assassins Creed Brotherhood CE (about ten for 360 only 1 for ps3) and WOW Cataclysm CE. All ranging from $24-29.99. In that store these were all in an aisle right before the gaming section. There was also Knight of old Republic CE and a couple other CE but, I price checked all others and they were at regular MSRP.[/QUOTE]

Do you mean Knights of the Old Republic or the new Old Republic that came out last year? If you mean a KOTOR CE I'm all over that....

[quote name='GamerDude316']Do you mean Knights of the Old Republic or the new Old Republic that came out last year? If you mean a KOTOR CE I'm all over that....[/QUOTE]

There isn't a KOTOR CE. He means the SW:TOR CE.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']There isn't a KOTOR CE. He means the SW:TOR CE.[/QUOTE]
Yeah sorry I meant the new one that just came out.

[quote name='Bankotsu']I'm still waiting for PS3 Soul Calibur V CE to drop down from $59.99 or $39.99 with the coupon. I could get the regular version for $20. Still need to buy the magazine though.[/QUOTE]

^This, but without the need for a coupon.

[quote name='Gorilla Gravy']A bit off topic but why is it NONE of the stores by me--Best Buy, K-Mart, Sears, Target--have clearance racks? Closest thing any of them have to one is a $20 section which is a pretty poor excuse for a clearance section.[/QUOTE]
Some Best Buy stores have a dedicated clearance rack, while some don't. At my closest ones they had one for a while but now they just have the lower priced games mixed right in with the rest of them.

As for Target, their clearance shelf is usually on one of the endcaps in the same general area as the tv/electronics section. So just walk around by the tv's and electronics and keep looking at the endcaps. You'll find it eventually.;)

As for Kmart and Sears, I've found that you will find a better selection of clearance if nothing is properly marked. Just go to the Kmart and Sears clearance threads and skim the last 5-10 pages and you should get a general idea of what's on clearance. Either that or just grab up any games you see outside of a locked case and take a trek to one of the price scanners.:)

As for Kmart and Sears, I've found that you will find a better selection of clearance if nothing is properly marked. Just go to the Kmart and Sears clearance threads and skim the last 5-10 pages and you should get a general idea of what's on clearance. Either that or just grab up any games you see outside of a locked case and take a trek to one of the price scanners.:)

I hate when stores put games in a clearance bin and don't mark them. Walmart is the worst offender, and you usually have wait in line at the cell phone desk to get a price check - invariably you are behind someone in line who is getting a 15 minute spiel on cell phone plans, so it usually isn't worth the wait.

I'm really tempted to bring a stack of about 30 games to the desk next time it is open and there is no line and have them scan each and every game, so I can tell them, "nope too rich for my blood. Next game!"

Personally I like when stuff isn't marked right, as that usually means I can wait through some price drops for the price I wanna pay.;) But I've gone from electronics before with a stack of 3-10 games before to a price scanner(WM has them too last I checked) and while you may get some odd looks and maybe the very occasional employee that gives a damn asking you where you're going with the games, most times they just give ya the weird look and don't say anything.

Any way to check stock on Hero Edition online even though it's no longer available for sale through BestBuy.com? I'd blow some gas checking the price, but I'll save the drive if none of my stores has stock.

[quote name='frogkopf']I hate when stores put games in a clearance bin and don't mark them. Walmart is the worst offender, and you usually have wait in line at the cell phone desk to get a price check - invariably you are behind someone in line who is getting a 15 minute spiel on cell phone plans, so it usually isn't worth the wait.

I'm really tempted to bring a stack of about 30 games to the desk next time it is open and there is no line and have them scan each and every game, so I can tell them, "nope too rich for my blood. Next game!"[/QUOTE]

my local WM has price scanners at several spots around the store, you may have an easier time using one instead of waiting for the employee to help you.

[quote name='@FIF']Any way to check stock on Hero Edition online even though it's no longer available for sale through BestBuy.com? I'd blow some gas checking the price, but I'll save the drive if none of my stores has stock.[/QUOTE]
Google inFamous 2 Hero Edition, look under the results for a page from reviews.bestbuy.com, snag the SKU from that page, then go onto BB.com and bring up any item that has a stock checker active for it, bring that page up and then go into the URL and scroll to the right till you see SKUid=, after that equal sign delete the 7 numbers there, input the SKU from the Googled page and press ENTER.

Voila. Your own way of checking stock on a delisted item.;)

You're welcome.:D

[quote name='The_cheapest_Daddy']Did the cashier scan the CE? Because the price could be on system but not on display. It could be the same thing as TRU when AC:Brotherhood CE was/is at $10. It was not display, but I told the cashier about the price & than scan the game.[/QUOTE]

wait, is the brotherhood price still active at TRU?

[quote name='kygad']Yeah sorry I meant the new one that just came out.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. TOR doesn't interest me that much but I loved the original KOTOR. One of the few BC Xbox games I have on my 360

[quote name='kygad']Probably YMMV but, stopped by the Hawthorne Best Buy yesterday. They had Infamous 2 CE, Assassins Creed Brotherhood CE (about ten for 360 only 1 for ps3) and WOW Cataclysm CE. All ranging from $24-29.99. In that store these were all in an aisle right before the gaming section. There was also The old Republic CE and a couple other CE but, I price checked all others and they were at regular MSRP.[/QUOTE]

Picked up Infamous 2 CE at the Hawthorne location. Thanks! :D

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']Any left?[/QUOTE]

Don't think so. I got the last one on the shelf. Saw plenty of AC:B CE for 360, and 1 for PS3 on the shelf, and 3 WoW:C CE.

Located a InFAMOUS 2 Hero Edition at a local Best Buy even though the stock locator said unavailable in this area. What was the price on that InFAMOUS by the way? $24.99 or $29.99?

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']Located a InFAMOUS 2 Hero Edition at a local Best Buy even though the stock locator said unavailable in this area. What was the price on that InFAMOUS by the way? $24.99 or $29.99?[/QUOTE]

It rang up as $69.99, and the manager had to override with the $29.99 price. It has a $29.99 price sticker on it.

Appreciate all the info OP! I hope it's tagged as such when I go pick in up in a little bit. That's a better price than what the Sony store was offering but I missed out on that one too. This Hero Edition is one of the better CE's I've seen.

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']Appreciate all the info OP! I hope it's tagged as such when I go pick in up in a little bit. That's a better price than what the Sony store was offering but I missed out on that one too. This Hero Edition is one of the better CE's I've seen.[/QUOTE]

Sony store had a $50 price tag, but not sure if it was ever available for purchase on their site. $30 is the 2nd best price I've seen on this item. BB had this for $25 around December 2011.

Well, seems very YMMV. Rang up 69.99, bought it anyway since I had them hold it for me, but will return because the box was in horrendous condition. Oh well :whistle2:/

bread's done
Back