Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor FREE with Purchase of Kinect for $138.34 + free shipping

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!
Feedback
61 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&plgroup=1&docId=1000809041&tag=dealswoot-20

Get Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor for Free when you Buy the Kinect Sensor with Kinect Adventures!

For a limited time and while supplies last, buy the Kinect Sensor with Kinect Adventures! from below and get Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor for free.

To Receive the Promotion:
1. Add both items, referenced below, to your Shopping Cart via the "Add to Shopping Cart" button.
2. When you're finished shopping on our site, click the "Proceed to checkout" button in the Shopping Cart. Your shopping cart must include both of these items during the checkout process to qualify for this promotion. Additional conditions are listed below.
3. On the final checkout page, we will discount Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor. A promotion credit for the amount of Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor will appear in the upper right corner of your Order Summary during the checkout process.
4. Offer valid when products are shipped and sold by Amazon.com.
5. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

I already have a Kinect, so I didn't bite on this deal, but I did buy the game on Amazon while it was on sale and I also used some Amazon credit. It did get shitty reviews so far, and the demo was hard as fuck, but it still caught my attention enough to pick it up. Most of the Kinect games I like are the ones that get bad critic reviews (Fighters Uncaged, Blackwater, etc.), so I figured I would give this a chance anyway. Might be a mistake, but at least it will be a completely different and original mistake.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']You're going to wipe your ass with a disc? Ouch.[/QUOTE]

Sounds less painful than playing the game.

I played the demo and thought the Kinect integration blew chunks. It was cumbersome, and more often than not, does the wrong thing than what I wanted done. This is a Gamefly rental at best, IMO.

[quote name='Proudgamer']Is it just me, or does their seem like theirs an anti-kinect bias in the gaming media?[/QUOTE]

I think that is more the games' fault rather than some pointless agenda by the gaming press.

Yeah if a game is going to be the biggest turd since Superman 64, Aquaman, &/or Drake & the 99 Dragons then it deserves the hate it's getting.

I don't know how anyone expected this to be good after video of it came out. It looks like Kinect was shoehorned in for QTEs. Even the old game wasn't that great. It was just fun to use the giant controller, especially if you like mechs in general.

From Software could have done well, but I'm guessing they were rushed or straight up told to make it bad like Capcom just did with Slant Six and Operation Raccoon City. But who knows, From does kind of bounce around quality-wise.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Proudgamer']Is it just me, or does their seem like theirs an anti-kinect bias in the gaming media?[/QUOTE]

The Kinect makes for an *excellent* way to yell at Netflix to pause, and it works about 50% of the time! :lol:

I for one am looking forward to SB:HA being a Best Buy day of the deal for 10 bucks in 2-3 weeks.

Motion controls in general.
Also, Kinect is garbage.

just ranting:
This is only in a very technical sense a "deal" imo..

I agree Kinect is garbage. Granted you absolutely can have some fun with it (Dance Central and Kinect Sports) but the thing overall just sucks and is not worth the hassle and price. Honestly I'm glad that trash games like this release for it just so people will talk shit about Kinect and motion controls in general.

I've got a Wii that waggles imprecisely and uncontrollably, a Kinect that often diskinects, and had a PS Move that I promptly moved right out of my house.

There may be a future for this crap, but the technology is simply not where it needs to be yet.

fuck
the whole industry for this motion control nonsense.

bread's done
Back