Okami HD Remaster Confirmed

Ecofreak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
From Andriasang.com

Yesterday's reports of a PS3 version of Okami have been confirmed by Famitsu (and our usual source for early Famitsu leaks).

As reported yesterday, the PS3 game is a remastered version of the original Okami. It's titled Okami Zekkie-ban, which we're translating as Okami Magnificent Version for now.

The game will support PlayStation Move. Aside from that little bit, we're waiting on details on what's new.

PS3's Okami HD remaster will be released on November 1, priced ¥3,990. The first print run of the game will include a serial code for a Play View digital version of a book based off Okami.

Wooo! Count me in!!

if the move controls work well id get it. granted i got so bored with all the side shit halfway through the game i rushed through to beat it if the rework it from the ground up its a worthwhile buy.

but you gotta figure itll end up on psn with a plus sub discount. 30 is my price for it but i do need to see how it works before committing. i can barely remember how it was on ps2 and i never tried the wii port. how well did the wii controls work with the game?

[quote name='bobo2k4']Waiting for a price drop already....[/QUOTE]

thats been the story of my life these days very few games seem worth full price anymore add to that how fast game prices drop and its a sure bet if you wait a few months itll be half price if not more.

Capcom and Sony have just confirmed earlier reports that Clover's classic Okami will be getting a HD re-release.

It'll be made available as a digital download on the PlayStation Network for $20, and will be out sometime this "Fall" (it's out in Japan on November 1). Okami HD will boast "HD graphics", display in 16:9, will feature PlayStation Move support and will include trophies.

Yeah, it's another Okami re-release. But then, this is the one most people actually wanted. Which makes it good. Good.
http://kotaku.com/5919766/we-are-getting-a-hd-version-of-okami-yes
$20 seems pretty fair. Maybe PS Plus members will get a discount like when RE4 and Code Veronica came out.

The press release from Capcom:
Capcom®, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced that award winning Ōkami® will be re-born this fall as a digital download on PlayStation®Network for $19.99. Already one of the most beautiful games ever created, the addition of HD graphics will make this new version of Ōkami even more stunning. Ōkami® HD will also feature PlayStation®Move integration as well as a full suite of PlayStation®3 system trophies.

Initially released to critical acclaim on the PlayStation®2 system, players take on the role of Amaterasu, the Japanese sun goddess, who inhabits the form of a wolf. After a tyrannical monster turns the world into a ruined wasteland, she must use her magical abilities to restore the land to its previous glory full of life and color.

Ōkami HD brings Amaterasu’s epic tale to the PS3™ with fully integrated HD graphics and 16:9 aspect ratio. The trademark sumi-e ink art style lends itself perfectly to HD allowing players to experience more of the awe-inspiring world displayed in greater detail than ever before.

To create an even more immersive experience, players can take advantage of the PlayStation®Move motion controller and naturally make brush strokes with the essential Celestial Brush to defeat enemies and solve puzzles. Ōkami HD will also support the DUALSHOCK®3 wireless controller for those who wish to re-live the original experience.
Where did the $50 price come from?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The press release from Capcom:

Where did the $50 price come from?[/QUOTE]
I'm guessing the yen to dollar conversion. But Japanese games are always priced higher then in the US.

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']I'm guessing the yen to dollar conversion. But Japanese games are always priced higher then in the US.[/QUOTE]
The Japanese version is also physical and comes with a bonus to deserve a higher cost, but we get a cheaper digital version instead.

Can't wait to get this and actually beat it.

I played a lot on the Wii, but grew frustrated with the wiimote, because the cursor would continually get "lost" and it'd screw up my drawings.

So is this a digital release or a physical release for the states? The first print sounds sounds like it's going to be a physical release but the update says it'll be $20 on PSN. I'm all game if it is a physical release but I get the feeling it'll be a PSN only release in the states.:whistle2:(

And hopefully this is an actual re-rendered HD release and not just upscaled to HD (like RE4).

[quote name='Vinny']So is this a digital release or a physical release? The first print sounds like it's a physical release but I can't imagine a physical release if it's only priced $20. I'm all game if it is a physical release.

And hopefully this is an actual re-rendered HD release and not just upscaled to HD (like RE4).[/QUOTE]
Physical in Japan and digital in the west.

My buddy lost the Wii copy I lent him, so I'm totally all over this. That vid is pretty bogus though. Looks like how I remember the Wii version looking. Still a beautiful game, but it seems Capcom's "HD" effect is, well, in effect...

it's great to see more and more timeless classics hit psn. Hopefully they have the same button line draw functionality the wiimote used to easily make straight lines with the move.

[quote name='dillonfan28']This digital crap is pissing me off.
If it is not on Disc I don't care what game it is I don't want it.[/QUOTE]

Same here. It's like they're testing the waters for PS4. I loved Okami but will not buy if it's a download. I will not get PS4 if games can not be resold.

[quote name='SaraAB']Trading in my Wii version to BB today![/QUOTE]

Thinkin' about it too. They still doing the 100% promo? 10 bucks after the fact ain't bad, especially considering I'm pretty sure that's what I paid for it.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']What the hell was with that video. That was not how Okami looked on the PS2 version.[/QUOTE]

lol i was thinking the same thing that game looked awesome on ps2 but the side by side it looked all blurry and foggy.

[quote name='IanKazimer']Thinkin' about it too. They still doing the 100% promo? 10 bucks after the fact ain't bad, especially considering I'm pretty sure that's what I paid for it.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I traded it in today and got $10 for it after 100% bonus, I am probably never going to play it again and I won't get much more on ebay, so it eventually ended up in the trade in pile.

I was one of the few people who actually bought the ps2 version when it came out.Well worth the full price,and I'll be buying this if it gets released here since I never finished it.

So buying this when it comes out. Plus my GF wants to play it anyway because she never played the PS2 version and she doesn't have a Wii.

Although I fear she might steal my PS3 with this and that Dr. Who game (she is a big Dr. Who fan). :lol:

Oooo, might have to make this my first plat. Okami is one of my favorite games ever, so it would be cool to have it be my first plat (don't generally bother trophy hunting/going out of my way for trophies). Not looking forward to having to collect all the beads again, haha.

[quote name='shrike4242']Siren remake on PS3 went the same way, digital here and physical in Japan.[/QUOTE]

Better example would be the RE4 and RE:CV port, which were both in Japan.

bread's done
Back