Little Big Planet 2 Special Edition (PS3) at Newegg $19.99 + Free Shipping

Cheapest price I've seen. I wonder who doesn't own this game by now. You can also access the standard version oh this game through PS+ this month.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']I would totally jump on this but I already have it thanks to PS Plus. :)[/QUOTE]

Ditto. I was waiting for it to get around this price, then it was made free on + so saves me $20 :)

I got the free month of PS+ and have a question. Once the month runs out, do you lose access to the game if you already downloaded it? Or do you just lose the ability to download it for free once the month is up?

[quote name='BaboonSqueezer']I got the free month of PS+ and have a question. Once the month runs out, do you lose access to the game if you already downloaded it? Or do you just lose the ability to download it for free once the month is up?[/QUOTE]

Both.

[quote name='BaboonSqueezer']I got the free month of PS+ and have a question. Once the month runs out, do you lose access to the game if you already downloaded it? Or do you just lose the ability to download it for free once the month is up?[/QUOTE]

It locks the game up. If you hit triangle and then go down to information you can see how much time you have left on that particular game.

[quote name='sunnyvale']dead[/QUOTE]

Link still works for me. And the "Slick Deals" effect is on again, so if you want this you'll need to act soon.

[quote name='elessar123']But LBP2 on PS+ is the vanilla version.[/QUOTE]
So this would effectively be paying $20 for DLC on a disc.

[quote name='Tsel']So this would effectively be paying $20 for DLC on a disc.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. It's a lot of content, but if you're like me the standard will do you just fine.

Straight from the Playstation Blog.

PlayStation Move support: Now you can choose to play LittleBigPlanet 2 with all new Move controls and enjoy the over 6,000 Move games created by fans like you…FOR FREE! Endless Fun!

LittleBigPlanet 2 Move Pack: Rise of the Cakeling: A whole new adventure in which a rogue cake threatens doom and destruction, and you Sackfolk must once again attempt to restore peace to Craftworld, featuring 5 new levels + 7 mini-levels, and tons of goodies. Plus, all of the cool new Move tools to let you Create and Share your own “Move” games for the rest of the community to Play! This suite of new creative tools give you the power to create your own Move games, record fluid motions, and paint your own stickers, while using a boatload of new stickers, materials, decorations, costumes, music, sound and sequencer objects that will vastly broaden your creative palette, and make your Popit burst at the seams.

Disney/Pixar’s Toy Story Level Pack– five new levels + two mini-levels + one Alien costume and more goodies.

Disney/Pixar’s Toy Story Costume Pack – Buzz Lightyear, Slinky Dog, Hamm, and Rex costumes for Sackboy!

Pets Costumes — The full line of costumes (12) from the Cats Costume Pack, Dogs Costume Pack, and Even More Animals Costume Pack

I got lucky and scored this game for $8 at a local pawn shop a few weeks ago, but this is the lowest retail price I've seen.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Exactly. It's a lot of content, but if you're like me the standard will do you just fine.

Straight from the Playstation Blog.

PlayStation Move support: Now you can choose to play LittleBigPlanet 2 with all new Move controls and enjoy the over 6,000 Move games created by fans like you…FOR FREE! Endless Fun!

[/QUOTE]

This is probably the only content from the SE that I would be interested in. Does anyone know if you need to pay a DLC price for this feature if you have the vanilla version?

Damn, Out of stock. Would have gotten it. Amazon has it for $24.70. Still $59.99 at Best Buy, so if it is a price drop then it is not in effect everywhere yet

[quote name='windsmere']It locks the game up. If you hit triangle and then go down to information you can see how much time you have left on that particular game.[/QUOTE]

You do get it back and can reactivate/redownload it if you resubscribe in the future, though.

[quote name='erock']This is probably the only content from the SE that I would be interested in. Does anyone know if you need to pay a DLC price for this feature if you have the vanilla version?[/QUOTE]

The Move support in the main game was added via a patch, I think. But it doesn't do much, anyway. You just pretty much control sackboy with the joystick and buttons on the nav/move controllers, and the motion features are just used for the expression type stuff...like moving sackboy's head/body (basically the same as the controller tilt functions using the dualshock). I usually just stick to the controller.

The actual Move-centric content is in the Rise of the Cakelings pack (and the Prehistoric Moves game, which I think is included in the vanilla version but was left out of the special edition for some odd reason).

So, yes, difference between the two after patches: This one includes the Rise of the Cakeling and Toy Story DLC packs and some costumes I think. And it doesn't include Prehistoric Moves (although that's another free game if you have PS Plus).

[quote name='erock']This is probably the only content from the SE that I would be interested in. Does anyone know if you need to pay a DLC price for this feature if you have the vanilla version?[/QUOTE]

According to this post, patch 1.06 added Move support so if all you're interested in is using a Move with the vanilla content, you should be able to do that. You just won't get the "Move Pack" content that includes the Rise of the Cakeling game.

[quote name='MR_E'] And it doesn't include Prehistoric Moves (although that's another free game if you have PS Plus).[/QUOTE]

It's probably also worth mentioning that Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves is multiplayer only.

[quote name='warreni']According to this post, patch 1.06 added Move support so if all you're interested in is using a Move with the vanilla content, you should be able to do that. You just won't get the "Move Pack" content that includes the Rise of the Cakeling game.[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks for the info. So if the patch adds move support, any of the user created content that uses move, is available via the vanilla version, right?

[quote name='erock']Cool, thanks for the info. So if the patch adds move support, any of the user created content that uses move, is available via the vanilla version, right?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can play the user created move levels with just the patch (verified by an answer in the comments here ).

The Move creation tools are included in the DLC, though, so I think you need the DLC if you want to make your own.

[quote name='MR_E']You do get it back and can reactivate/redownload it if you resubscribe in the future, though.[/QUOTE]

it's 20.00 at target

[quote name='postnet92']it's 20.00 at target[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Havok83']Yeah I just bought it there last week. Last copy in my store[/QUOTE]

Is this YMMV because its showing up as $49.99 online. Prices different in store maybe?

[quote name='postnet92']it's 20.00 at target[/QUOTE]

For those that don't need the game right away, this tends to work out as the better deal (what with the savings on tax and gas).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Odinsfury']Nice price, but I'll wait for $10.[/QUOTE]
$10 seems like an absolute steal! I'll hope for $15 and bite.

bread's done
Back