Magic Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013- Out Now- 800 pts

MSUHitman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
So the new Magic came out today on XBLA. Anyone else get this? It's about a 1.4 GB download. Also what is up with the free MP add-on?

Details on the game:
Decklists- http://www.wizards.com/magic/digita...kers.aspx?x=mtg/digital/d13/decklists#nefarox

Info- http://www.wizards.com/magic/digital/duelsoftheplaneswalkers.aspx?x=mtg/digital/d13/whatis

If you buy the game, you can redeem a code as before to get a certificate to take to a local store to get some promo cards. PS3 owners got the best one, alternate art Vampire Nocturne (a $20 card that came out in Magic 2010, then got cycled out and of course comes back after I sold my playset of him.) 360 owners get Primordial Hydra and Steam/iOS owners get Serra Avatar.

Last edited by a moderator:
im so getting this.
when it goes on sale...because none of my buds will be playing this, they're all playing Diablo 3 and when Borderlands comes out..yeah.

If you've spent any amount of time playing paper MtG, the $10 asking price is nothing compared to the cost all of these decks would run you in real life.

So yeah, I'm going to be purchasing it as soon as work is over, and dedicating a good portion of my evening to unlocking decks.

I won a code for this game... Debating whether to keep it or trade it. I'll have to watch some videos and see if it is something I might like.

[quote name='monkeyfizix']If you've spent any amount of time playing paper MtG, the $10 asking price is nothing compared to the cost all of these decks would run you in real life.

So yeah, I'm going to be purchasing it as soon as work is over, and dedicating a good portion of my evening to unlocking decks.[/QUOTE]

Well get ready as each of the 10 decks have 30 cards this time to unlock.

[quote name='sp8001']I won a code for this game... Debating whether to keep it or trade it. I'll have to watch some videos and see if it is something I might like.[/QUOTE]

Have you not played the original version or Magic 2012? It's a modified version of those.

[quote name='MSUHitman']
Have you not played the original version or Magic 2012? It's a modified version of those.[/QUOTE]

Nope. Never touched either of those games and never tried the game IRL.

Is it hard to get into? Or should I be able to catch on pretty quick? Are there any sort of tutorials or manuals in the game to help out a new player such as myself?

I know it is going to show up in this weekends Cheeve Challenge, so I might end up keeping it for that reason.

You can download the demo, it has a tutorial match it walks you through. If not, there's tons of videos on YouTube that can teach you both about Magic in general and also just the game. Wizards produced their own specific for YouTube some years ago that were pretty good and taught me Magic 3 years ago.

[quote name='garrett007']If I never played the past two, should I just start with 2013? Or should I start with the older ones?[/QUOTE]I don't think it really matters; it's all MtG, just different decks. Off the top of my head, I don't recall how much they changed between the original XBLA game and 2012, but of the two, I preferred 2012. I'm guessing 2013 will be pretty similar, apart from different decks obviously.

Looking at the deck lists quickly, there's an interesting mix of older and newer sets represented, but I wish there were more cards from Avacyn Restored, especially for the white decks. I only saw 2 cards from the set, and I think both were deep unlocks. Just looked quickly, though- I could have missed some. Maybe DLC decks will have more? Not a huge deal, I'll be buying it either way.

I'm bracing myself for CPU bullshit again. Between the first two XBLA Magic games and Clash of Heroes, it's a wonder I have any functioning controllers.

[quote name='garrett007']If I never played the past two, should I just start with 2013? Or should I start with the older ones?[/QUOTE]

Just start with this one; only reason to play 2012 now is for Archenemy as that mode has been replaced by Planechase since that's the alternate game type Wizards is selling at retail currently. 2013 is a tweaked version of 2012 that was already pretty close to as good as this game is going to be.

The original is lacking in so many features I wouldn't touch it now unless you're achievement hunting or just really love it. Just beware many modes in the original have no online component.

2013 seems easier than 2012 so far. I've taken the green deck straight through the first two campaign sections with no problems.

One thing that annoys me is still no Planeswalker cards, even though they are shown when you get to the "boss fights" on each plane with Garrus, Liliana, etc.

[quote name='sp8001']Nope. Never touched either of those games and never tried the game IRL.

Is it hard to get into? Or should I be able to catch on pretty quick? Are there any sort of tutorials or manuals in the game to help out a new player such as myself?

I know it is going to show up in this weekends Cheeve Challenge, so I might end up keeping it for that reason.[/QUOTE]

Outside of the tutorial, there is a large section in the options that is essentially the digital version of the instruction pamphlet that is in each starter deck that explains everything.

Other things would be to leave tips on that give you a visual explanation of effects when they happen, and keep the option selected that forces you to hit y to complete each phase of your turn.

X, when are you going to have a deck guide for this game?! My inferior deck building skills need your expertise. :)

I have Garruk's deck 2/3 unlocked through normal play and spent my free key from 2012 on Ajani's life gain/counters deck.

Having unlocked the decks without knowing what they were beforehand, I'm a little disappointed that 9/10 are mono-color decks. Now, every deck does a good job of doing something different than the other, so I can understand their logic, as mono-color is easier to manage for beginners.

That said, I don't think I ever really started to "get" MtG until I started making dual color decks of my own (much less opposing colors- my first blue/red deck was a full three years after I started playing).

Still, I've enjoyed what I played this weekend so far.

[quote name='MSUHitman']All 5 of the first set of DLC decks will be dual color, PC users have found the deck lists in the game's code.[/QUOTE]

bad ass, i was hoping for this

I will likely snag this on both xbla and steam to play with some different sets of friends from time to time. The $10 price point makes it easy to double dip. If we get enough CAGs interested, we should do a tournament sometime.

[quote name='MSUHitman']X, when are you going to have a deck guide for this game?! My inferior deck building skills need your expertise. :)[/quote]Will post my decklists shortly.

[quote name='MSUHitman']I have Garrus' deck 2/3 unlocked through normal play and spent my free key from 2012 on Ajani's life gain/counters deck.[/QUOTE]Freudian slip? :cool:

Here are my current decklists after finally unlocking (manually, without keys) all the cards in each deck and getting in some online play. I will definitely answer any "why ___ and not ___?" questions and, later on, I will even kind of explain what I'm trying to do with each deck.

Note: I play a lot of competitive Magic IRL (and even work for one of the Southeast's largest tournament centers) and I tend to take the same approach to building these decks as I would for something that I'd take to a local, regional, or national tournament (i.e. no more than 60 cards, a focus on mana curve, and streamlining the deck to be as efficient as possible). However, I do make some cuts/additions based on the fact that I will be playing a lot of Two-Headed Giant online.

Garruk's Pack Instinct
2x Prey Upon
1x Ulvenwald Tracker
3x Garruk's Companion
4x Nature's Lore
1x Primordial Hydra
2x Blanchwood Armor
2x Cultivate
3x Leatherback Baloth
1x Fangren Firstborn
2x Timbermaw Larva
1x Wildheart Invoker
2x Garruk's Packleader
2x Indrik Stomphowler
2x Sentinel Spider
2x Primalcrux
1x Primeval Titan
1x Rampaging Baloths
1x Terra Stomper
1x Boundless Realms
1x Howl of the Night Pack
1x Khalni Hydra
24x Forest

Jace's Dream Puppets
2x Hedron Crab
4x Jace's Phantasm
2x Prosperity
3x Thought Scour
2x Tome Scour
1x Unsummon
2x Howling Mine
2x Into the Roil
2x Jace's Erasure
3x Mind Sculpt
3x Crippling Chill
1x Sands of Delirium
1x Sword of Body and Mind
2x Dreamborn Muse
2x Font of Mythos
1x Sleep
1x Mind Control
1x Traumatize
25x Island

Krenko's Goblin Gangland
2x Goblin Arsonist
2x Goblin Bushwhacker
1x Goblin Fireslinger
2x Goblin Grenade
1x Goblin Guide
2x Raging Goblin
2x Shock
2x Smelt
2x Ember Hauler
2x Goblin Piker
2x Goblin Piledriver
1x Goblin Wardriver
3x Krenko's Command
1x Warren Instigator
1x Arms Dealer
3x Gempalm Incinerator
2x Goblin Chieftain
1x Goblin Warchief
1x Goblin Ringleader
1x Rummaging Goblin
1x Krenko, Mob Boss
1x Siege-Gang Commander
24x Mountain

Liliana's Obedient Dead
1x Fume Spitter
2x Innocent Blood
1x Mire's Toll
2x Blister Beetle
2x Exsanguinate
2x Sign In Blood
1x Infest
1x Last Kiss
4x Murder
2x Underworld Dreams
1x Vampire Nighthawk
2x Befoul
2x Liliana's Shade
1x Mutilate
1x Nekrataal
1x Tendrils of Corruption
2x Rise From the Grave
1x Corrupt
1x Nightmare
1x Nightmare Incursion
1x Rune-Scarred Demon
1x Avatar of Woe
1x Griselbrand
1x Reiver Demon
25x Swamp

Odric's Peacekeepers
2x Doomed Travelers
3x Elite Vanguards
1x Honor of the Pure
2x Journey to Nowhere
2x Master Decoy
3x Pacifism
2x Raise the Alarm
2x Squadron Hawk
2x Attended Knight
3x Crusader of Odric
2x Fiend Hunter
2x Glorious Anthem
2x Oblivion Ring
2x Captain's Call
1x Mausoleum Guard
1x Odric, Master Tactician
1x Archon of Justice
2x Geist-Honored Monk
25x Plains

Nefarox's Exalted Darkness
2x Akrasan Squire
4x Duty-Bound Dead
2x Tormented Soul
4x Aven Squire
3x Doom Blade
3x Knight of Glory
2x Knight of Infamy
1x Mark of Asylum
2x Pacifism
4x Guardians of Akrasa
2x Servant of Nefarox
2x Unmake
1x Vindicate
2x Angelic Benediction
1x Sublime Archangel
1x Battlegrace Angel
2x Cathedral of War
2x Evolving Wilds
11x Swamp
9x Plains

Yeva's Ancient Wilds
2x Taunting Elf
3x Elvish Visionary
1x Fauna Shaman
2x Thornweald Archer
2x Beast Within
1x Carven Caryatid
1x Eternal Witness
1x Manaplasm
3x Wood Elves
1x Briarpack Alpha
1x Natural Order
4x Roaring Primadox
1x Vengevine
2x Acidic Slime
1x Overrun
2x Stingerfling Spider
2x Thragtusk
1x Wild Pair
1x Elderscale Wurm
1x Gaea's Revenge
2x Pelakka Wurm
25x Forest

Talrand's Crosswinds
2x Hydrosurge
3x Sleight of Hand
3x Azure Mage
2x Disperse
3x Fog Bank
2x Mana Leak
1x Spiketail Hatchling
1x Twincast
1x Call to Mind
2x Cancel
2x Repulse
3x Skywinder Drake
1x Rite of Replication
4x Talrand's Invocation
1x Talrand, Sky Summoner
1x Gravitational Shift
1x Panoptic Mirror
1x Time Reversal
1x Time Warp
25x Island

Ajani's Celestial Light
1x Basilisk Collar
1x Elixir of Immortality
3x Serra Ascendant
3x Soul Warden
2x Swords to Plowshares
1x Ajani's Mantra
4x Ajani's Pridemate
2x Ajani's Sunstriker
2x Divine Favor
2x Knight of Meadowgrain
3x Kemba's Skyguard
1x Loxodon Warhammer
1x Recumbant Bliss
2x Solemn Offering
2x Chastise
1x Rhox Faithmender
1x Baneslayer Angel
1x Beacon of Immortality
1x Celestial Mantle
1x Felidar Sovereign
25x Plains

Chandra's Born of Flame
1x Blaze
1x Earthquake
2x Flame Slash
2x Red Sun's Zenith
2x Ruby Medallion
3x Searing Blaze
4x Searing Spear
2x Torch Fiend
2x Chandra's Phoenix
2x Flamebreak
2x Flames of the Blood Hand
2x Flames of the Firebrand
4x Chandra's Outrage
1x Beacon of Destruction
1x Cone of Flame
2x Fire Servant
1x Fireblast
1x Inferno Titan
1x Flame Wave
24x Mountain

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Here are my current decklists after finally unlocking (manually, without keys) all the cards in each deck [/QUOTE] :shock:

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']
Garruk's Pack Instinct
2x Prey Upon
1x Ulvenwald Tracker
3x Garruk's Companion
4x Nature's Lore
1x Primordial Hydra
2x Blanchwood Armor
2x Cultivate
3x Leatherback Baloth
2x Fangren Firstborn
3x Timbermaw Larva
2x Garruk's Packleader
2x Indrik Stomphowler
2x Sentinel Spider
2x Primalcrux
1x Rampaging Baloths
1x Terra Stomper
1x Boundless Realms
1x Khalni Hydra
24x Forest

Jace's Dream Puppets
2x Hedron Crab
4x Jace's Phantasm
2x Prosperity
3x Thought Scour
2x Tome Scour
1x Visions of Beyond
2x Howling Mine
2x Into the Roil
2x Jace's Erasure
3x Mind Sculpt
3x Crippling Chill
1x Sands of Delirium
2x Dreamborn Muse
2x Font of Mythos
1x Sleep
1x Mind Control
1x Traumatize
25x Island

Krenko's Goblin Gangland
2x Goblin Arsonist
2x Goblin Bushwhacker
1x Goblin Fireslinger
2x Goblin Grenade
1x Goblin Guide
2x Raging Goblin
2x Shock
2x Smelt
2x Ember Hauler
2x Goblin Piker
2x Goblin Piledriver
1x Goblin Wardriver
3x Krenko's Command
1x Warren Instigator
1x Arms Dealer
3x Gempalm Incinerator
2x Goblin Chieftain
1x Goblin Warchief
1x Goblin Ringleader
1x Krenko, Mob Boss
1x Siege-Gang Commander
1x Voracious Dragon
24x Mountain

Liliana's Obedient Dead
2x Innocent Blood
1x Mire's Toll
2x Blister Beetle
2x Exsanguinate
2x Sign In Blood
1x Infest
1x Last Kiss
4x Murder
2x Underworld Dreams
1x Vampire Nighthawk
2x Befoul
2x Liliana's Shade
1x Mutilate
1x Nekrataal
2x Rise From the Grave
1x Corrupt
1x Nightmare
1x Nightmare Incursion
1x Public Execution
1x Rune-Scarred Demon
1x Avatar of Woe
1x Griselbrand
1x Reiver Demon
25x Swamp

Odric's Peacekeepers
2x Doomed Travelers
3x Elite Vanguards
1x Honor of the Pure
2x Journey to Nowhere
2x Master Decoy
3x Pacifism
2x Raise the Alarm
1x Spectral Rider
2x Squadron Hawk
2x Attended Knight
3x Crusader of Odric
2x Fiend Hunter
2x Glorious Anthem
2x Oblivion Ring
2x Captain's Call
1x Archon of Justice
2x Geist-Honored Monk
25x Plains

2x Akrasan Squire
4x Duty-Bound Dead
2x Tormented Soul
4x Aven Squire
3x Doom Blade
3x Knight of Glory
2x Knight of Infamy
1x Mark of Asylum
2x Pacifism
4x Guardians of Akrasa
2x Servant of Nefarox
2x Unmake
1x Vindicate
2x Angelic Benediction
1x Sublime Archangel
1x Battlegrace Angel
2x Cathedral of War
2x Evolving Wilds
11x Swamp
9x Plains

Yeva's Ancient Wilds
2x Taunting Elf
3x Elvish Visionary
1x Fauna Shaman
2x Thornweald Archer
2x Beast Within
1x Carven Caryatid
1x Eternal Witness
1x Manaplasm
3x Wood Elves
2x Briarpack Alpha
1x Natural Order
3x Roaring Primadox
1x Vengevine
2x Acidic Slime
1x Overrun
2x Stingerfling Spider
2x Thragtusk
1x Wild Pair
1x Elderscale Wurm
1x Gaea's Revenge
2x Pelakka Wurm
25x Forest

Talrand's Crosswinds
2x Hydrosurge
3x Sleight of Hand
3x Azure Mage
2x Disperse
3x Fog Bank
2x Mana Leak
1x Spiketail Hatchling
1x Twincast
1x Call to Mind
2x Cancel
2x Repulse
3x Skywinder Drake
1x Rite of Replication
4x Talrand's Invocation
1x Talrand, Sky Summoner
1x Gravitational Shift
1x Panoptic Mirror
1x Time Reversal
1x Time Warp
25x Island

Ajani's Celestial Light
1x Basilisk Collar
1x Elixir of Immortality
3x Serra Ascendant
3x Soul Warden
2x Swords to Plowshares
1x Ajani's Mantra
4x Ajani's Pridemate
2x Ajani's Sunstriker
2x Divine Favor
2x Knight of Meadowgrain
3x Kemba's Skyguard
1x Loxodon Warhammer
1x Recumbant Bliss
2x Solemn Offering
2x Chastise
1x Rhox Faithmender
1x Baneslayer Angel
1x Beacon of Immortality
1x Celestial Mantle
1x Felidar Sovereign
25x Plains

Chandra's Born of Flame
1x Blaze
1x Earthquake
2x Flame Slash
2x Red Sun's Zenith
2x Ruby Medallion
3x Searing Blaze
4x Searing Spear
2x Torch Fiend
2x Chandra's Phoenix
2x Flamebreak
4x Chandra's Outrage
1x Beacon of Destruction
1x Cone of Flame
2x Fire Servant
1x Fireblast
1x Inferno Titan
1x Flame Wave
24x Mountain
[/QUOTE]
:bow:
Thanks very much for putting these lists together. I've always been terrible at paring down a deck to make it faster or more efficient, so I'll be referring back to these often.

I don't recall seeing it posted here, but I thought the MTG games had limited customization options? Perhaps I'm wrong though and somebody could enlighten me?

[quote name='JStryke']I don't recall seeing it posted here, but I thought the MTG games had limited customization options? Perhaps I'm wrong though and somebody could enlighten me?[/QUOTE]

It has been in the past and it still is here, but it's better than ever. There are 30 unlockable cards perk deck as opposed to the ~15 last year's had. On top of that, there are at least 10 more cards coming for each of the 10 decks in the main game. There are also 5 more decks that were leaked with 10 unlocks each coming as DLC.

[quote name='Trakan']It has been in the past and it still is here, but it's better than ever. There are 30 unlockable cards perk deck as opposed to the ~15 last year's had. On top of that, there are at least 10 more cards coming for each of the 10 decks in the main game. There are also 5 more decks that were leaked with 10 unlocks each coming as DLC.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps I should have specified on my question. Now, not having being a regular MTG player, I may be wrong in thinking that the minimum deck is 60. Regardless, if they are limited, it seems that posting decklists would be limited. But seeing as they were (and still 60, at least from the first two I saw), it seems you can actually change the decks this time around? I don't expect full customization, but I remember in the first one, I recall only being able to add cards, but not able to take them away. It seems you actually can edit the decks this time around though? Obviously limited in the card pool though.

[quote name='JStryke']Perhaps I should have specified on my question. Now, not having being a regular MTG player, I may be wrong in thinking that the minimum deck is 60. Regardless, if they are limited, it seems that posting decklists would be limited. But seeing as they were (and still 60, at least from the first two I saw), it seems you can actually change the decks this time around? I don't expect full customization, but I remember in the first one, I recall only being able to add cards, but not able to take them away. It seems you actually can edit the decks this time around though? Obviously limited in the card pool though.[/QUOTE]

Yes. Since 2012, you can take out the crappy starting cards.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Here are my current decklists after finally unlocking (manually, without keys) all the cards in each deck and getting in some online play. I will definitely answer any "why ___ and not ___?" questions and, later on, I will even kind of explain what I'm trying to do with each deck.

Note: I play a lot of competitive Magic IRL (and even work for one of the Southeast's largest tournament centers) and I tend to take the same approach to building these decks as I would for something that I'd take to a local, regional, or national tournament (i.e. no more than 60 cards, a focus on mana curve, and streamlining the deck to be as efficient as possible). However, I do make some cuts/additions based on the fact that I will be playing a lot of Two-Headed Giant online.

Garruk's Pack Instinct
2x Prey Upon
1x Ulvenwald Tracker
3x Garruk's Companion
4x Nature's Lore
1x Primordial Hydra
2x Blanchwood Armor
2x Cultivate
3x Leatherback Baloth
2x Fangren Firstborn
3x Timbermaw Larva
2x Garruk's Packleader
2x Indrik Stomphowler
2x Sentinel Spider
2x Primalcrux
1x Rampaging Baloths
1x Terra Stomper
1x Boundless Realms
1x Khalni Hydra
24x Forest

Jace's Dream Puppets
2x Hedron Crab
4x Jace's Phantasm
2x Prosperity
3x Thought Scour
2x Tome Scour
1x Visions of Beyond
2x Howling Mine
2x Into the Roil
2x Jace's Erasure
3x Mind Sculpt
3x Crippling Chill
1x Sands of Delirium
2x Dreamborn Muse
2x Font of Mythos
1x Sleep
1x Mind Control
1x Traumatize
25x Island

Krenko's Goblin Gangland
2x Goblin Arsonist
2x Goblin Bushwhacker
1x Goblin Fireslinger
2x Goblin Grenade
1x Goblin Guide
2x Raging Goblin
2x Shock
2x Smelt
2x Ember Hauler
2x Goblin Piker
2x Goblin Piledriver
1x Goblin Wardriver
3x Krenko's Command
1x Warren Instigator
1x Arms Dealer
3x Gempalm Incinerator
2x Goblin Chieftain
1x Goblin Warchief
1x Goblin Ringleader
1x Krenko, Mob Boss
1x Siege-Gang Commander
1x Voracious Dragon
24x Mountain

Liliana's Obedient Dead
2x Innocent Blood
1x Mire's Toll
2x Blister Beetle
2x Exsanguinate
2x Sign In Blood
1x Infest
1x Last Kiss
4x Murder
2x Underworld Dreams
1x Vampire Nighthawk
2x Befoul
2x Liliana's Shade
1x Mutilate
1x Nekrataal
2x Rise From the Grave
1x Corrupt
1x Nightmare
1x Nightmare Incursion
1x Public Execution
1x Rune-Scarred Demon
1x Avatar of Woe
1x Griselbrand
1x Reiver Demon
25x Swamp

Odric's Peacekeepers
2x Doomed Travelers
3x Elite Vanguards
1x Honor of the Pure
2x Journey to Nowhere
2x Master Decoy
3x Pacifism
2x Raise the Alarm
1x Spectral Rider
2x Squadron Hawk
2x Attended Knight
3x Crusader of Odric
2x Fiend Hunter
2x Glorious Anthem
2x Oblivion Ring
2x Captain's Call
1x Archon of Justice
2x Geist-Honored Monk
25x Plains

2x Akrasan Squire
4x Duty-Bound Dead
2x Tormented Soul
4x Aven Squire
3x Doom Blade
3x Knight of Glory
2x Knight of Infamy
1x Mark of Asylum
2x Pacifism
4x Guardians of Akrasa
2x Servant of Nefarox
2x Unmake
1x Vindicate
2x Angelic Benediction
1x Sublime Archangel
1x Battlegrace Angel
2x Cathedral of War
2x Evolving Wilds
11x Swamp
9x Plains

Yeva's Ancient Wilds
2x Taunting Elf
3x Elvish Visionary
1x Fauna Shaman
2x Thornweald Archer
2x Beast Within
1x Carven Caryatid
1x Eternal Witness
1x Manaplasm
3x Wood Elves
2x Briarpack Alpha
1x Natural Order
3x Roaring Primadox
1x Vengevine
2x Acidic Slime
1x Overrun
2x Stingerfling Spider
2x Thragtusk
1x Wild Pair
1x Elderscale Wurm
1x Gaea's Revenge
2x Pelakka Wurm
25x Forest

Talrand's Crosswinds
2x Hydrosurge
3x Sleight of Hand
3x Azure Mage
2x Disperse
3x Fog Bank
2x Mana Leak
1x Spiketail Hatchling
1x Twincast
1x Call to Mind
2x Cancel
2x Repulse
3x Skywinder Drake
1x Rite of Replication
4x Talrand's Invocation
1x Talrand, Sky Summoner
1x Gravitational Shift
1x Panoptic Mirror
1x Time Reversal
1x Time Warp
25x Island

Ajani's Celestial Light
1x Basilisk Collar
1x Elixir of Immortality
3x Serra Ascendant
3x Soul Warden
2x Swords to Plowshares
1x Ajani's Mantra
4x Ajani's Pridemate
2x Ajani's Sunstriker
2x Divine Favor
2x Knight of Meadowgrain
3x Kemba's Skyguard
1x Loxodon Warhammer
1x Recumbant Bliss
2x Solemn Offering
2x Chastise
1x Rhox Faithmender
1x Baneslayer Angel
1x Beacon of Immortality
1x Celestial Mantle
1x Felidar Sovereign
25x Plains

Chandra's Born of Flame
1x Blaze
1x Earthquake
2x Flame Slash
2x Red Sun's Zenith
2x Ruby Medallion
3x Searing Blaze
4x Searing Spear
2x Torch Fiend
2x Chandra's Phoenix
2x Flamebreak
4x Chandra's Outrage
1x Beacon of Destruction
1x Cone of Flame
2x Fire Servant
1x Fireblast
1x Inferno Titan
1x Flame Wave
24x Mountain
[/QUOTE]

hey thanks, may take a look at this.... i just have all cards i can fit in every deck.

[quote name='JStryke']Perhaps I should have specified on my question. Now, not having being a regular MTG player, I may be wrong in thinking that the minimum deck is 60. Regardless, if they are limited, it seems that posting decklists would be limited. But seeing as they were (and still 60, at least from the first two I saw), it seems you can actually change the decks this time around? I don't expect full customization, but I remember in the first one, I recall only being able to add cards, but not able to take them away. It seems you actually can edit the decks this time around though? Obviously limited in the card pool though.[/QUOTE]
Each deck has about 65-66 cards that you are able to take in/out as long as you stay within the confines of 60 - 100 cards. If it's a non-Basic Land card, it is able to be taken out. The only thing you cannot edit is the amount of Basic Land in each deck. Most decks will either force you to use 24 or 25 Land, depending on the mana curve at the top of the screen (in the deck manager).

---------------------------------

Here's a few notes (and my personal ratings) that I said I would make about each of the decks, so that it's pretty clear why I'm choosing certain cards over others:

Garruk's Pack Instinct
Without the inclusion of a deck similar to Magic 2012's Ancient Depths, this deck is the go-to ramp deck of the game. You're not exactly going to be ramping into huge 11/11 game-breaking creatures like last game, but you should very easily be able to out-pace your opponent and play much higher value creatures than them each and every turn. Because you're able to play many spells like Nature's Lore, Cultivate, Primeval Titan, and Boundless Realms, it's important to have spells like Howl of the Night Pack, Wildheart Invoker, and Rampaging Baloths in the deck to capitalize off all this extra mana. This deck is one of only three in the game (so far) that kind of defy the mana curve theory - which is usually true of all ramp decks.

To explain what I mean, use this example: on Turn 2, you cast Nature's Lore, now giving you a third Forest. On Turn 3, you cast Cultivate, giving you a fifth Forest (assuming you played a Forest this turn) and a sixth one in-hand. On Turn 4, you now have six Forests in play and you cast Primeval Titan to net you two more Land, putting you at eight total Land. You've effectively doubled the amount of Land in play that your opponent has at this point.

In this example, which admittedly isn't too far-fetched considering how the deck is built, it's clear that the deck is not meant to "curve out" like normal Magic decks should. You're not particularly looking to play three-drops on Turn 3, four-drops on Turn 4, and five-drops on Turn 5 (etc.) like you are in most of the other decks; you're looking to play four-drops on Turn 3, or six-drops on Turn 4. This fact diminishes the importance of having a nice balance of spells in each mana slot, and it's what makes your mana curve look much more "mountainous" than the typical bell shape.

Ratings:
Creature Size - 5/5
Deck Speed - 4/5
Deck Flexibility - 3/5
Card Synergy - 3/5

Jace's Dream Puppets
So, in this installment of Duels of the Planeswalkers, they finally decided to add the classic Mill strategy to the mix. For those unaware, the strategy of a Mill deck is simple: jam a ton of spells into your deck that force your opponent to put cards from the top of his library into the graveyard, and continue to do so until he's out of cards (which, of course, is an automatic win condition in the game). While the obvious strengths of a deck such as this include being incredibly difficult to actually counter (especially when they have creatures on board that mill, enchantments that mill, artifacts that mill, and spells that mill - all on the same turn), there are also glaring weaknesses in the deck that need to be addressed especially if you are going to win against an aggressive deck. Cards such as Into the Roil, Crippling Chill, Sleep, and Mind Control, while not being part of a mill strategy, are vital to the deck's success. I really wouldn't blame others for wanting to put Unsummon in the deck, to add to that point. Despite these cards having a major impact in dealing with various threats on the board, keep in mind that for each spot you give to a "bounce creature/permanent" spell or a "tap creature" spell, that is one less spot you are devoting to the overall mill strategy. Thanks to Jace's Phantasm you actually have a viable win condition other than just milling someone out, but there's so much removal in the game that it's unlikely to be the go-to option to get you there. Remember that cards like Howling Mine and Font of Mythos not only speed up the process of your mill strategy, but also potentially give your opponent more ammo to deal with your multiple threats. It's likely that one in every eight to ten wins should come off the back of actually killing your opponent with damage, but I can't see that percentage being any higher than that. This is arguably the most narrow of decks, since it's mill or be killed all the way.

Like Garruk's deck, this also falls under the grey area of the mana curve theory. In fact, your deck should ultimately end up looking almost like the perfect diagonal decline, starting high up in the 1-mana slot and rapidly descending all the way down to the 5-mana slot. I personally do not play anything that costs more than five mana in the deck, simply because I do not think that you have that kind of time with the deck and because the expensive cards in the deck are all creatures (something that I believe you should be winning with

Double Post:[quote name='MSUHitman']X,
Why not use the 1-cost instant spells that give you +1/+1 for each Forest in Garruk's deck? Just curious.[/QUOTE]I prefer to stay away from those types of cards which I just file under "combat tricks". For each one of those you play, you're probably taking out a creature or permanent of some sort that could probably be more beneficial to the deck, overall. There's nothing inherently wrong with them, though.

Also, still in the process of updating some decklists from my original post.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Double Post:I prefer to stay away from those types of cards which I just file under "combat tricks". For each one of those you play, you're probably taking out a creature or permanent of some sort that could probably be more beneficial to the deck, overall. There's nothing inherently wrong with them, though.

Also, still in the process of updating some decklists from my original post.[/QUOTE]

See VS. System had a TON of combat tricks so I'm still in that mindset.

I don't like this as much as past decks but still fun.
When do you think the first DLC is coming?
How do I get that DLC?

You'll just have to keep watching Major Nelson's blog on incoming content to XBox. I'm sure once it's announced someone here will post it.

Thanks that was the site I saw before but didn't have a link to.

Also I'm 99% sure the promo unlocks are if you attend the event on the first Saturday in Sept. that I linked to above.

Here's the codes for the 10 promo cards:

Unlock 10 bonus foil cards for each original deck

On the Player Status screen, click "Magic the Gathering Promo Unlocks". Then click on 'Enter Code' and punch in the codes listed below. Each code will unlock a bonus foil promo card for each original deck. These codes work on all systems.

Unlock free foil bonus promo card WMKFGC
Unlock free foil bonus promo card PCNKGR
Unlock free foil bonus promo card NCTFJN
Unlock free foil bonus promo card HTRNPW
Unlock free foil bonus promo card GDZDJC
Unlock free foil bonus promo card FXGJDW
Unlock free foil bonus promo card MWTMJP
Unlock free foil bonus promo card FNMDGP
Unlock free foil bonus promo card KWPMZW
Unlock free foil bonus promo card GPCRSX

Contributed By: MTGxerxes.