*Dead* "The Town" Ultimate Collector's Edition $19.99 (1-Day only part of BB's DOTD)

when i was trading in games, I saw this. Got it already but this set did look pretty nice. $20, may get this and dump my old copy

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']This is a no brainer for me. Thanks OP. Now I'm just trying to figure out $50 worth of stuff so I can get $10 back later.[/QUOTE]

Had trouble finding another $30 worth of stuff. I ended up buying The Town UCE, Lego Harry Potter 2, and Spiderman 3 (blu-ray).

I'll have to pricematch that crap spiderman movie when it's $9.99 next week. I just want the $10 movie ticket.

Pro-tip: I think what would be a great deal is buying The Town UCE and the Christopher Nolan Director's collection and then a 1.99 cent filler CD or something. If I didn't already have those Nolan films, that's what I would have done.

What's so ultimate that makes it $50 msrp? I'm not even sure what version I have at home; if it's extended, dvd combo etc.

This has 3 cuts of the movie: Theatrical, Extended, and Extended with alternative ending (aka Alternate cut). Each has a commentary track, and there are new documentaries and features not found on other sets (aside from the digibook). This comes with a 46-page hardcover book about the making of the movie, a fold-out poster/map, and an envelope of neat little paper extra relating to the film (FBI case files, mugshot cards, etc..). I have the digibook which has the 3 cuts, and the contents of the book in one so I don't need this, but it's a great value for those that don't own it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zZF44QxjRw

[quote name='ssjmichael']This has 3 cuts of the movie: Theatrical, Extended, and Extended with alternative ending (aka Alternate cut). Each has a commentary track, and there are new documentaries and features not found on other sets (aside from the digibook). This comes with a 46-page hardcover book about the making of the movie, a fold-out poster/map, and an envelope of neat little paper extra relating to the film (FBI case files, mugshot cards, etc..). I have the digibook which has the 3 cuts, and the contents of the book in one so I don't need this, but it's a great value for those that don't own it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zZF44QxjRw[/QUOTE]

I didn't know this included the theatrical cut as well. I just decided to put my Theatrical bluray up for sale for $5. I don't know if it's worth the trouble, but it saves me a few bucks because I won't watch it again. Every time I saw this movie on HBO, I ended up watching the whole damn thing. I love this film so much. In my eyes, Affleck totally redeemed himself from Gigli.

Between this and Gone Baby Gone, I think Affleck has shown he has tremendous talent and potential as a director. His next film titled "Argo" coming later this year sounds excellent too.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Between this and Gone Baby Gone, I think Affleck has shown he has tremendous talent and potential as a director. His next film titled "Argo" coming later this year sounds excellent too.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I really enjoyed Gone Baby Gone. I need to rewatch that one.

Affleck was also da bomb in Phantoms yo.

Been wanting to pick this movie up in some version for a while, this seems like a damn steal for the content. And now Sonic has me wondering how I can boost a $20 purchase to $50 to get $10 back...why must you do that to me!?

If you are not interested in buying this version Wal-Mart had a display set-up that had The Town and other movies double packs, Bluray and DVD of the movies each in individual cases, for $9.96. They also include inside a $4 dollar off for their VUDU disc to digital service. There was about 12 different movies on the display, sorry can't remember the other movies.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Been wanting to pick this movie up in some version for a while, this seems like a damn steal for the content. And now Sonic has me wondering how I can boost a $20 purchase to $50 to get $10 back...why must you do that to me!?[/QUOTE]

Lol, just trying to help you spend money. But if I was spending cash instead of giftcards it would be a whole different circumstance.

bread's done
Back