Elderly "bus monitor" harassed by children to the point of tears

KCS13

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I didn't see this posted anywhere else yet. It's been making its rounds on the Internet. http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/21/us/new-york-bullied-bus-monitor/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

Also someone over on Reddit decided she needed a vacation and started a donation page with a goal of $5,000. Currently its up to almost $210,000 and counting. The page will be up until July 20, for any of those that wish to donate. Hopefully she can retire with whatever is given to her, although I would guess she will probably donate it. Amazing how cruel the kids were to her in the video that was taken, although apparently over on 4chan their names, numbers and addresses were found. I'm sure they are probably getting a dose of their own medicine now. Kind of amazing though how many people have rallied to support her. Slight amount of faith in humanity restored, despite the horrible children.

Donation page: http://www.indiegogo.com/loveforkarenhklein?c=home&a=726727

Lol, the kids will face disciplinary action. My parents would've beat my ass so hard if I pulled that shit, I'd have to tell people I fell down the meat grinder.

I've heard about this, and based on the comments I've heard about it, I never want to see it. I hope the kids face disciplinary action.

[quote name='Jodou']My parents would've beat my ass so hard if I pulled that shit, I'd have to tell people I fell down the meat grinder. [/quote]

Same.

The power of Reddit is quite amazing. They started a drive to send her on a nice vacation. The goal was $5,000. The drive is now up to.. well, a lot more than that.

[quote name='GBAstar']I'm sure at least one or two quack parents will try and defend their kids and put them blame on everyone BUT their child.[/QUOTE]

It's the bus monitor's fault for offending their precious children. She was the one who caused them to act out.

That woman has the patience of a saint. If I were her, they would have had to change the name from "school bus" to "meat wagon." It would have been a massacre.

Some boys demanded to know her address, saying they want to come to her house to perform sexual acts and steal from her. Another says, "you're so fat."
One comment from a boy aboard the bus is especially painful. He tells her that she does not have family because "they all killed themselves because they didn't want to be near you."
-----------------------------------------------------

Really, that's the best these punks can come up with. This also stuck out to me as being pretty sad.
--------------------------------------------------

"Let's give Karen a vacation of a lifetime. Let's show her the power of the internets and how kind and generous people can be," the fundraiser's organizer, identified as Max S., said on the indiegogo.com website. He notes that she earns about $15,000 a year as a bus monitor.

[quote name='Jodou']Lol, the kids will face disciplinary action. My parents would've beat my ass so hard if I pulled that shit, I'd have to tell people I fell down the meat grinder.[/QUOTE]

Same for me. But even worse, I'd feel like shit to this day for doing something like that. How can kids not have ANY conscious whatsoever?

Fat and fat ass was said over and over... I wonder how much of that is influenced by today's out of touch and disgusting politicians and elitists in the media and elsewhere.
I guess every administration and gen has to have a war on something. Gotta love the "WAR ON FAT PEOPLE". I have seen countless commercials that are basically showing fat people and saying how gross it is and pretty skinny people are the way to be or you suck. One local one last night showed two pretty people on the beach and then morphed them into fat "ugly" people and then it went back to... basically..or is this better and morphed back to the rail thin models the pretty people. Another was along the lines of imagine our stadium filled with fat kids not a pretty image type of commercial. The list goes on and on.

War on ugly fat people culture gotta love it :roll:.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']
-----------------------------------------------------

Really, that's the best these punks can come up with. This also stuck out to me as being pretty sad.
--------------------------------------------------

"Let's give Karen a vacation of a lifetime. Let's show her the power of the internets and how kind and generous people can be," the fundraiser's organizer, identified as Max S., said on the indiegogo.com website. He notes that she earns about $15,000 a year as a bus monitor.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it is sad that she makes 15k a year watching a bus full of kids. It's a easy job, or suppose to be. Which 15k is pretty good pay.

I think it is sad that she is required to work at all. At this age, she should be relaxing at home with family and enjoying her retirement.

[quote name='Pliskin101']Fat and fat ass was said over and over... I wonder how much of that is influenced by today's out of touch and disgusting politicians and elitists in the media and elsewhere.
I guess every administration and gen has to have a war on something. Gotta love the "WAR ON FAT PEOPLE". I have seen countless commercials that are basically showing fat people and saying how gross it is and pretty skinny people are the way to be or you suck. One local one last night showed two pretty people on the beach and then morphed them into fat "ugly" people and then it went back to... basically..or is this better and morphed back to the rail thin models the pretty people. Another was along the lines of imagine our stadium filled with fat kids not a pretty image type of commercial. The list goes on and on.

War on ugly fat people culture gotta love it :roll:.[/QUOTE]

I don't think making fun of people who are fat is a recent phenomenon, nor does it have anything to do with politicians or elitists.

[quote name='soulvengeance']i don't think making fun of people who are fat is a recent phenomenon, nor does it have anything to do with politicians or elitists.[/quote]

+1

Man, these kids. If I had acted out this poorly as a kid, I'm sure the living hell my father would have put me through would have been intense.

[quote name='soulvengeance']I don't think making fun of people who are fat is a recent phenomenon, nor does it have anything to do with politicians or elitists.[/QUOTE]

I agree to a certain extent. But anyway that influence subject I will reserve further comment for another time and place.

I just heard that the woman's son committed suicide like ten tears ago and many of the ugly comments were about suicide. Sad stuff.

Last edited:
I watched this earlier, the total lack of empathy in those kids is disturbing. If something isn't done I have no doubt they'll grow up to be psychopaths.

[quote name='Stoic Person Eater']If that was my grandma, she would have slapped the shit out of all of them.[/QUOTE]

when they started poking her it looks like she was about to get up and start pounding away on them..

[quote name='Stoic Person Eater']If that was my grandma, she would have slapped the shit out of all of them.[/QUOTE]

someone should.

the problem here is that if she wouldve touched them, their idiot parents wouldve sued the shit out of the school district.

When the revolution comes, the first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

lol i don't understand why she is getting money, i'm sure little kids have made fun of me before, gemme 200k. more sensationalist bullshit i guess

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Dumb kids even filmed themselves... even have all their names written out on the description

Idiots.[/QUOTE]

IIRC the gents at 4chan dug up all their info and posted them soon after the video was discovered.

That being said, my grandmother woulda beat the stupid out of those brats.

I like how during this report, at the bottom where other news is shown it talks about 66 people being killed in Syria.

Sort of puts things into perspective. I feel bad for the woman sure, but it's being made out to be a bigger deal than it is.

Woman being made fun of by kids > People dying.

most kids dont seem to have souls these days. its sick shit hell growing up i was what youd label a thug but even i would never have dreamed of saying shit like that to an adult. you never talk back to adults and if you did you knew what was waiting for you when you got home. and considering my folks were divorced i had seconds waiting for me over the weekend.

they just dont give a shit about shit and their lazy parents are just as bad. i doubt many of those kids parents will do anything to their kids and i dont see the school doing much about it either.

Sounds like Springfield's got a discipline problem.

[quote name='perdition(troy']She's gotten 300k in donations? People are so weird.[/QUOTE]
Well, these are people who believe that throwing an inordinate amount money at a problem will fix it. Pretty soon she'll be part of the 1% and then they'll be hurling insults at her too.

Anyway, the kids should be expelled and life will go on.

"making fun of"? Those are not the words for this event...

Let's get one thing straight this was not "making fun of". Threatening to stab her and cut her and the knife going thru would be like going thru butter. beat her up.... let the dog get her....break into her house....hoping her family will kill themselves and it would be her fault...(her son actually committed suicide) and on and on. This is in no way "making fun of" it is more of a glimpse at sociopaths.

"Making Fun Of"... what a load of crap.

Last edited:
Reddit has raised over $400K for her. 4chan has tracked down those kids names, addresses, and phone numbers and have sent the kids death threats. Police have one kid's phone which has received over 1000 threatening text messages and over 1000 missed calls, which I can only assume are part of the 4chan threats.

[quote name='Pliskin101'].
War on ugly fat people culture gotta love it :roll:.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately the common counter reaction to this is to claim how ugly skinny is. Not fun being called skeletal, either. The hypocrisy is awful.

[quote name='kodave']Reddit has raised over $400K for her. 4chan has tracked down those kids names, addresses, and phone numbers and have sent the kids death threats. Police have one kid's phone which has received over 1000 threatening text messages and over 1000 missed calls, which I can only assume are part of the 4chan threats.[/QUOTE]They screenshot their threats to the boys before they send them. They are really over the top, sometimes funny and full of catchphrases, so I doubt anybody who would act on it really threatened them.

Disciplinary Actions? LOL.... Bet you they are going to get in school suspension for 1 or 2 days and a week off the bus. Parents will either bitch that the punishment is too harsh or be extremely embarrassed..and if they are responsible parents, they will trash their kids xboxs/ps3's as punishment. That's what I would do, after a good belting.

Trash thier stuff? No way! If my kids ever did that I'd beat them within an inch of thier lives. I was raised old school Texas and that would never fly.

[quote name='drysushi']Trash thier stuff? No way! If my kids ever did that I'd beat them within an inch of thier lives. I was raised old school Texas and that would never fly.[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl1ujzRidmU

but it's too bad as now a days, if a kid reported to the police that their parents hit them, it's child abuse. :(

[quote name='whoknows']I like how during this report, at the bottom where other news is shown it talks about 66 people being killed in Syria.

Sort of puts things into perspective. I feel bad for the woman sure, but it's being made out to be a bigger deal than it is.

Woman being made fun of by kids > People dying.[/QUOTE]

Go away, Gargus II.

I've got a pretty dark sense of humor but I didn't watch that video. Reading the accmpanying article was enough.

I'm glad the donations were at half a million the last time I checked. Just let her fucking retire. To paraphrase Glover, she's too old for this shit.

Also nice to see internet justice being doled out a bit here...let them be relentlessly harassed for a month or so on top of whatever (probably meager) punishment they get.

[quote name='KaneRobot']
Also nice to see internet justice being doled out a bit here...let them be relentlessly harassed for a month or so on top of whatever (probably meager) punishment they get.[/QUOTE]

If you are referring to the alleged death threats and sick people harassing the KIDS by phone and other means I would strongly have to disagree.

BTW can someone inform me if it is really true that a website posted the kids addresses, names, phone numbers etc? Also if that same website really let people post about sending death threats and crap the kids way?

[quote name='Pliskin101']If you are referring to the alleged death threats and sick people harassing the KIDS by phone and other means I would strongly have to disagree.

BTW can someone inform me if it is really true that a website posted the kids addresses, names, phone numbers etc? Also if that same website really let people post about sending death threats and crap the kids way?[/QUOTE]

If by a website you mean 4chan /b/, then yes, this is true. If you don't know or understand what 4chan is, look it up.

[quote name='kodave']If by a website you mean 4chan /b/, then yes, this is true. If you don't know or understand what 4chan is, look it up.[/QUOTE]
What puzzles me is that harassing the old lady seems exactly like the kind of thing 4chan would do....

[quote name='ITDEFX']

but it's too bad as now a days, if a kid reported to the police that their parents hit them, it's child abuse. :([/QUOTE]

In Texas it is still legal to spank your children, and we all know whippings differ for offense. In Oregon, and apparently most states, it's illegal to spank. Which is ridiculous considering how many "mentally at risk" youth are in Oregon when in reality it's all behavioral and bad parenting.

And I love that video. Dude is totally right and his kid doesn't know jack about hard work.

bread's done
Back