Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut DLC

e hx c a s s

CAG Veteran
I know im not the only person that has been waiting 3 months for this dlc that is supposed to be coming out in "summer", and by the looks of it, that seasons here. Im excited to see what Bioware will do to add to the ending or if theyll succumb to the community created "indoctrination theory" because personally i think that Bioware didnt even think of making that a possibility. I know that theres not supposed to be gameplay in it but since all we know is that its going to be released in summer, they can basically go anywhere with it due to the lack of any leaks. I personally wouldnt have thought the ending was bad if they didnt confirm that it is the end of shepards story because it is such a cliffhanger! Anybody have any knowledge or opinions about this new dlc?

Redoing an ending after critical feedback is the lamest shit I've ever heard of -- or in this case, expanding off feedback.

It's like fans are teaching Bioware how to write, but fans are also paying for the lessons.

I'm just going to assume that this doesn't need to be spoilered since the whole thread itself is about the ending...

As lame as the plot elements of the ending were, I thought the biggest weakness was how it just stops, without showing any of the consequences of your decisions throughout the game, including the final one. Who is alive and who is dead? What is in store for my squadmates and my love interest? How bad was the damage to various planets? How are different societies rebuilding, and in the new galactic reality you created, which are the winners and which are the losers? Are the alliances you brokered (or the rivalries you provoked) still relevant?

So that is what I hope the Extended Cut does-- just show us the aftermath of the war and answer some of those questions.

ETA: Fair enough Shrike. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kevfactor']
People just wanted shepard to live hehe
[/QUOTE]

Not sure if you're joking or not, but I see this way too often and I don't understand why all supporters of the ending always fire back with this because I think we all knew that was going to ultimately happen. The reason most of us are upset is that
a) all the talk of "all of your decisions over the trilogy matter and will come to fruition" was complete BS in the end- because the only decision that mattered was whether you picked the red, blue or green door, and b) the ending was full of plot holes (Joker running like a bitch? Bullshit!) and basically wasn't an ending (Adam & Eve? Wow, so original!).

[quote name='cancerman1120']http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...t-3-extended-ending-arrives-this-tuesday.aspx

This Tuesday it drops (June 26th) I guess...now I need to rebuy this game.[/QUOTE]

I just realized I'll have to re-play Earth. I hated the last part of Earth with the clusterfuck of those screaming banshees.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jello44']Is this available to everyone for free, or do you need an online pass in order to download it?[/QUOTE]
They haven't mentioned anything about the online pass, so I'm assuming you don't need it.

Closure wasn't the only thing people wanted, but closure would help. At least Dragon Age: Origins had a little slideshow telling you what happened to everybody. So Allistair opened a chain of laundrymats. Neat. The DLC might fix this.

The other issue was that your decisions mean nothing in the end. The DLC might fix this as well.

The primary issue was that the ending sucked overall, which won't be solved by this DLC. I liked the indoctrination theory put forth by fans more than whatever Bioware showed us.

bread's done
Back