= Steam Trading Cards Available
kiGzp.png
= Playable On PC
e7cjl.gif
= Playable on MAC
uWi0M.gif
= Playable on Linux

Last edited by a moderator:
I absolutely hate when a minimum price is set on a Pay What You Want. This is called Pay a fucking Minimum or More.

Have every game except one, and I don't think Avernum is worth $4.

[quote name='Blade']I absolutely hate when a minimum price is set on a Pay What You Want. This is called Pay a fucking Minimum or More.

Have every game except one, and I don't think Avernum is worth $4.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I hate that also, I just ignore the whole "Pay What You Want" crap now.
You could just throw down 4 dollars, get the Avernum games and then try to trade the other games/steam codes for other games. Just a suggestion. Groupees always gives you individual steam/desura keys for the games.

I'm really curious about this cult masterpiece genre defining game that was released for the PC, Mac and Linux but I'm doubtful they will make the last goal unless they revise their goals.

Hmm, still trying to decide if I wanna get in on this bundle. I own the oddworld games as well as Hamilton. I guess I have a bit of interest in Red Orchestra, but clearly the inclusion of the whole second trilogy of Avernum is the real attraction here. That trilogy usually sells for $12 on steam. If that gets a 75% discount during the coming summer sale (hardly a guarantee) then it would come to $3. So the question is, is Red Orchestra worth a buck to me. hmmm.

I think I'll wait until the Summer Sale starts and see what kind of discount these games get. Luckily the bundle is set to run for two weeks. Which means that it'll probably still be running when the summer sale starts.

[quote name='Blade']I absolutely hate when a minimum price is set on a Pay What You Want. This is called Pay a fucking Minimum or More.[/QUOTE]
^ This. A thousand times this. I raged a bit when I clicked and saw that. They're deceptive about it too, making you sign up before you get that wonderful little message about the minimum.

The minimum is a dollar a game. Anyone not paying that should be ashamed of themselves anyway. I would get the ire if the minimum was $10-15, but it's 4 dollars!

wot? i cant pay a penny? NERDRAGE! :whistle2:x:censored::bomb::twoguns:

Having said that, they could save themselves a lot of grief if they just were more clear on the $4 minimum point when they make the statement pay what you want.

[quote name='Brownjohn']I'm really only interested in Hamilton's Great Adventure, but I'm worried it'll be part of the Steam summer sale.[/QUOTE]

Was $2.50 during previous sales, according to Deals4downloads.com

I've been playing it off and on and have mixed feelings about it. The story is fun, especially if you liked UP!, but the levels basically demand a lot of trial-and-error unless you watch walkthrough videos in advance. I find that kind of gameplay rather aggravating--I hate repeating content over and over because I missed one thing or didn't see that I was supposed to go right and then left instead of up and left, etc.

[quote name='Motoki']wot? i cant pay a penny? NERDRAGE! :whistle2:x:censored::bomb::twoguns:

Having said that, they could save themselves a lot of grief if they just were more clear on the $4 minimum point when they make the statement pay what you want.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. It's pretty clear when you check threads like this or twitter feeds or other social media, but the site itself doesn't tell you until you try to pay.

I'm not sure "pay what you want" implies "no minimum" Seems it would need to explicitly say no minimum. Pay what you want does imply "no maximum" which, this site being cheapassgamer, is kind of an alien concept

[quote name='Rsmobile']Only one I'm after is Avernum but I don't think $4 is what I'm willing to pay for it.[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:s If $4 is too much to pay for the three Avernum games (not even considering the other games in the bundle), what kind of price is fair? $1.33 a piece for games you're interested in is a great price. You're paying less than the retail price of a single one of them on Steam and getting all three. I know this is cheapassgamer, but if this isn't cheap enough for you, I don't know what is.

I wonder what the finale gift is, the one that's a PC classic? Considering how we're already over halfway to 20,000... It's kinda crap to have an arbitrary "Well, if we reach whatever amount we feel like, we'll give you more stuff."

I mean, I guess I feel sure they're going to give something else away, but it would be nice if we could feel some excitement like, "Yeah! We hit 30k! Bring on the bonus!"

[quote name='utopianmachine']I wonder what the finale gift is, the one that's a PC classic? Considering how we're already over halfway to 20,000... It's kinda crap to have an arbitrary "Well, if we reach whatever amount we feel like, we'll give you more stuff."

I mean, I guess I feel sure they're going to give something else away, but it would be nice if we could feel some excitement like, "Yeah! We hit 30k! Bring on the bonus!"[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing "cult classic" and "genre-defining" are pure b.s. hyperbole. Knowing them, it will probably be Minesweeper or something.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']:whistle2:s If $4 is too much to pay for the three Avernum games (not even considering the other games in the bundle), what kind of price is fair? $1.33 a piece for games you're interested in is a great price. You're paying less than the retail price of a single one of them on Steam and getting all three. I know this is cheapassgamer, but if this isn't cheap enough for you, I don't know what is.[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna go with "Free" on this one, for $1000, Alex. :)

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']
I'm guessing "cult classic" and "genre-defining" are pure b.s. hyperbole. Knowing them, it will probably be Minesweeper or something. [/quote]

Well, you have to admit those terms do apply in that case.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']I'm guessing "cult classic" and "genre-defining" are pure b.s. hyperbole. Knowing them, it will probably be Minesweeper or something.[/QUOTE]

On Linux though? How many games outside of stuff that Humble intentionally has to twist the indie devs arms to port really have Linux versions?

Unless they pull a Limbo and just get the dev to throw a WINE wrapper around it and call it good.

[quote name='Motoki']On Linux though? How many games outside of stuff that Humble intentionally has to twist the indie devs arms to port really have Linux versions?

Unless they pull a Limbo and just get the dev to throw a WINE wrapper around it and call it good.[/QUOTE]

There's no Minesweeper on Linux? In that case, it's high time we stopped pretending it's a valid operating system.

I just have nothing there. I've got a link to download the game, but no key showing like all the others. I'm trying to find contact info on the website, but it's not super-friendly for that.

[quote name='utopianmachine']I wonder what the finale gift is, the one that's a PC classic? Considering how we're already over halfway to 20,000... It's kinda crap to have an arbitrary "Well, if we reach whatever amount we feel like, we'll give you more stuff."

I mean, I guess I feel sure they're going to give something else away, but it would be nice if we could feel some excitement like, "Yeah! We hit 30k! Bring on the bonus!"[/QUOTE]

I don't think it will be arbitrary to the detriment of us. Last time they set pretty ridiculous goals and when they weren't reached they had to backpedal and reduce them for the unlocks. This time I am thinking they will wait and see how fast they get to 20K and then set a realistic goal for the bonus.

LOL Postal 2?

That's the groundbreaking game that they had as the secret $20,000 unlock?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The End']LOL Postal 2?

That's the groundbreaking game that they had as the secret $20,000 unlock?[/QUOTE]

I think it was cult classic and genre defining

Postal 2 is a cult classic...as far as genre defining goes....I dont know

[quote name='cereal_killerxx']Does anyone know the song name from the youtube vid?[/QUOTE]

f777 - nom nom nom

Yeah. pretty awesome. I actually had the song from one of the indiegala bundles

Postal is in its own genre so I can see it. I mean suicide bombers, lighting people on fire and then peeing on em? Gary Coleman? I love that game btw.

[quote name='sunasun']Does anyone else have a problem with the groupees site freezing for about 20 seconds when loading[/QUOTE]

It could be due to the fact it loads like a million chat rooms before the site is completely loaded. The site took a little bit more time to load for me when they ran their last bundle, but it seems to be a lot better this time around (for me at least). I don't understand why these indie bundle sites feel the need to include so many chat rooms..

[quote name='sunghost']It could be due to the fact it loads like a million chat rooms before the site is completely loaded. The site took a little bit more time to load for me when they ran their last bundle, but it seems to be a lot better this time around (for me at least). I don't understand why these indie bundle sites feel the need to include so many chat rooms..[/QUOTE]
Ok, thanks, thought maybe I was the only one.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Postal is in its own genre so I can see it. I mean suicide bombers, lighting people on fire and then peeing on em? Gary Coleman? I love that game btw.[/QUOTE]

LOL I like it too, I got it on GOG the other day when it was 60% off

[quote name='Drabelincoln']LOL I like it too, I got it on GOG the other day when it was 60% off[/QUOTE]

Yeah I think a lot of people got it from GOG the other day if they had any interest in it. I feel bad recommending my friend to buy it from GOG when it'll probably be unlocked in this bundle before it ends.. bad timing.

[quote name='sunghost']Yeah I think a lot of people got it from GOG the other day if they had any interest in it. I feel bad recommending my friend to buy it from GOG when it'll probably be unlocked in this bundle before it ends.. bad timing.[/QUOTE]

I wouldnt feel bad about it, at least with the GOG version you won't have to worry about it not working right down the road.

Haha, I guessed the game at the ludicrous goal was probably going to wind up another Oddworld, perhaps Munch's Odyssey. I guess it turned out worse than I'd thought.

bread's done
Back