* * * * * 10 votes

Groupees: [NEW] Build a Greenlight Bundle 33 + Oktoberfest + MiniBundle 7

Music Bundle Game Indie Backlog Groupees Steam Desura DRM Free

#301 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16772 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:13 PM

Shadows on the Vatican Act I (DRM free, no Steam, no Desura) and Metal Dead (DRM free, no Steam, does give a Desura key) are live.

When I tried to add them (without actually buying) they are coming up $1 each for me so it does appear that prior purchasers get no additional discount and in fact it would have been more of a savings to wait until the end to get all the games you wanted at once. Of course we didn't know at the time they would be adding additional games.
steam_sig.png
go find another forum to clog up with your chunky stink
-jle7385

#302 jazyje   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   262 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:31 PM

Yeah I hate that also, I just ignore the whole "Pay What You Want" crap now.
You could just throw down 4 dollars, get the Avernum games and then try to trade the other games/steam codes for other games. Just a suggestion. Groupees always gives you individual steam/desura keys for the games.

Where is the best opportunity to trade games / codes?

#303 sleepydumbdude   MASHED POTATOES!! CAGiversary!   2053 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

sleepydumbdude

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:09 PM

Picked up Tiny Bang Story and Siberia 2. Only wanted to try Tiny.

#304 MIND LINK   DRUG FREE CAGiversary!   3099 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:32 PM

Where is the best opportunity to trade games / codes?

http://www.cheapassg...279563&page=458

What's in my trunk?

white             girl

#305 spoderman   Time = Money CAGiversary!   16735 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:11 PM

All new games have now been added to the bundle. I think I'm going to wait until the last day to buy the new games in case they add even MORE games to the bundle lol.

EDIT: Seems like Jonny claimed that there won't be any more games added.. but who knows for sure? ;)

GUtUP1U.jpg

#306 IAmTheCheapestFox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   17715 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestFox

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:24 PM

All new games have now been added to the bundle. I think I'm going to wait until the last day to buy the new games in case they add even MORE games to the bundle lol.

EDIT: Seems like Jonny claimed that there won't be any more games added.. but who knows for sure? ;)

This sounds like the best plan. I only paid.50 cents a game so I don't mind picking the new ones up. Had been looking to buy Deadly 30 anyways for 2-3 bucks.

Interested in multiplayer and co-op events on Steam?  Then join Spoderbro and Foxbro's Multiplayer and Bro-Op Steam group!  Add me on Steam for an invite:  http://steamcommunit...d/cheaplikeafox

Upcoming Events:

Week of September 19th: DOOM w/ special guest bro MysterD, The Crew, Call of Duty Black Ops Zombies

Week of September 26th: Brutal Legend, Halo 5, MX v. ATV Reflex/Gas Guzzlers Extreme

#307 EarthBoundX5   Chef Jesus CAGiversary!   1725 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

EarthBoundX5

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:33 PM

When I tried to add them (without actually buying) they are coming up $1 each for me so it does appear that prior purchasers get no additional discount and in fact it would have been more of a savings to wait until the end to get all the games you wanted at once. Of course we didn't know at the time they would be adding additional games.

Ya, thats what I said earlier :cry: (but I think in the Steam thread :lol:)

I don't like having a sig, but for CAG, I figured I'd sheep along.

163177.pngfs_pc.png
http://gamercard.xbo...een/ChefJesusX5 eebeta-badge-small.png
GAP - Since 2003
CAG - Lurked well before current join date

#308 IAmTheCheapestFox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   17715 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestFox

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:38 PM

Is the discount live for new users? I tried buying it as a gift and it still gave me no discount. Was looking for a workaround. Wonder if any new purchasers could confirm?

First three are $3. 4th one cam up as .60 cents.

Interested in multiplayer and co-op events on Steam?  Then join Spoderbro and Foxbro's Multiplayer and Bro-Op Steam group!  Add me on Steam for an invite:  http://steamcommunit...d/cheaplikeafox

Upcoming Events:

Week of September 19th: DOOM w/ special guest bro MysterD, The Crew, Call of Duty Black Ops Zombies

Week of September 26th: Brutal Legend, Halo 5, MX v. ATV Reflex/Gas Guzzlers Extreme

#309 spoderman   Time = Money CAGiversary!   16735 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:42 PM

Is the discount live for new users? I tried buying it as a gift and it still gave me no discount. Was looking for a workaround. Wonder if any new purchasers could confirm?

First three are $3. 4th one cam up as .60 cents.

I don't think there's supposed to be any special discount. All Jonny said was that you can buy the bundle now with a minimum of 2 games (which you can do now). The discount doesn't seem to start until you get 4+ games, but I guess it's supposed to be like that. I was confused at first as well.

GUtUP1U.jpg

#310 IAmTheCheapestFox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   17715 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestFox

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:46 PM

I don't think there's supposed to be any special discount. All Jonny said was that you can buy the bundle now with a minimum of 2 games (which you can do now). The discount doesn't seem to start until you get 4+ games, but I guess it's supposed to be like that. I was confused at first as well.

Oh, ok. So if I were to get all the extra games now, my total would be 9.60. If I had waited to buy the entire pack now, it is 10.4.

So I guess pre-ordering did save me $1.20.

Upcoming Events:

#311 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16772 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:46 PM

Hmm, Shadows on the Vatican and Deadly 30 are apparently both on Desura. Is it absolutely confirmed that we don't get Desura keys for these with BAB2?
steam_sig.png
-jle7385

#312 spoderman   Time = Money CAGiversary!   16735 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:52 PM

Hmm, Shadows on the Vatican and Deadly 30 are apparently both on Desura. Is it absolutely confirmed that we don't get Desura keys for these with BAB2?

That's odd, I didn't notice that for Shadows on the Vatican. Not sure why it doesn't come with a Desura key. Deadly 30 does come with a Desura key, as stated on the main page. I can't confirm anything for SotV as I haven't bought it yet, but I'd like to know as well.

GUtUP1U.jpg

#313 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16772 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:55 PM

That's odd, I didn't notice that for Shadows on the Vatican. Not sure why it doesn't come with a Desura key. Deadly 30 does come with a Desura key, as stated on the main page. I can't confirm anything for SotV as I haven't bought it yet, but I'd like to know as well.

Oh okay I see it now on Deadly 30. They had the fine print below it in white text on a white background, at least the way my browser is displaying it, because they put it down below the others. I had to highlight to see the fine print.

As a side note, I wish Joe Cappucino would post his announcements somewhere easier to read where it is just announcements and you don't have to scroll through a ton of inane chatter. :-P
steam_sig.png
-jle7385

#314 Severose   I'm okie dokie and loopy CAGiversary!   2428 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:51 AM

SotV comes with a "Universal" key, which doesn't register on Desura... :roll:

Also bought Deadly 30 which also comes with a "Universal" key that does register on Desura. Lame!

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#315 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16772 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:59 AM

Why would a totally DRM free game not linked to any client whatsoever need a CD key? Weird.

Several people have asked on the chat if we can get a Desura key for Shadows on the Vatican but I have no idea if Joe Jonny Cappucino will see it amongst the idle chatter and/or if he will respond.

Anyway, since there's a week left now I suppose I can wait and see if they can get Desura keys or if they pop up anymore surprises.

Edited by Motoki, 31 July 2012 - 02:48 AM.
Corrected the guy's name :-)

steam_sig.png
-jle7385

#316 spoderman   Time = Money CAGiversary!   16735 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:09 AM

Why would a totally DRM free game not linked to any client whatsoever need a CD key? Weird.

Several people have asked on the chat if we can get a Desura key for Shadows on the Vatican but I have no idea if Joe Cappucino will see it amongst the idle chatter and/or if he will respond.

Anyway, since there's a week left now I suppose I can wait and see if they can get Desura keys or if they pop up anymore surprises.

I'll try asking Jonny about it whenever he's responding in the chat. It's kind of odd that we've had to wait for other keys but not for that game.

GUtUP1U.jpg

#317 Idiotekque   couch slave CAGiversary!   8662 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:42 AM

I continue to ask why in the world we can't add games to our original orders, but to generally no avail. All I get is know-it-all randoms repeating "You can buy one game for $1 on a certain day."

That said, I asked once and Jonny mentioned that feature will be added, but he hasn't said when. During this sale? After this sale and for future BaBs? It would really be good to know NOW before the sale ends; kind of annoying.

And don't even bother with any admin but Jonny. They don't answer.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#318 abhinav   "Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!" CAGiversary!   3884 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:51 AM

so $1 min was back and gone again? bah, how do i keep missing it?

Twitter: Onekumar
Now Playing:
niN6AFp.jpg?22q1uoso.jpg

#319 spoderman   Time = Money CAGiversary!   16735 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:18 AM

I continue to ask why in the world we can't add games to our original orders, but to generally no avail. All I get is know-it-all randoms repeating "You can buy one game for $1 on a certain day."

That said, I asked once and Jonny mentioned that feature will be added, but he hasn't said when. During this sale? After this sale and for future BaBs? It would really be good to know NOW before the sale ends; kind of annoying.

And don't even bother with any admin but Jonny. They don't answer.

Can you take a screenshot of where Jonny stated that? I can't seem to find anything about it, and I've been keeping up with his posts on the chat room. As for why we don't have the feature yet, it's probably because groupees are amateurs and don't know how to implement such a feature, or it'll take them longer to do it. I wouldn't expect it to be added during this bundle.

so $1 min was back and gone again? bah, how do i keep missing it?

No, it hasn't come back yet. You haven't missed it.

GUtUP1U.jpg

#320 Idiotekque   couch slave CAGiversary!   8662 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:05 AM

Can you take a screenshot of where Jonny stated that? I can't seem to find anything about it, and I've been keeping up with his posts on the chat room. As for why we don't have the feature yet, it's probably because groupees are amateurs and don't know how to implement such a feature, or it'll take them longer to do it. I wouldn't expect it to be added during this bundle.

Unfortunately it was yesterday or the day before and I can't. His words were something like "I won't go further into the issue because a feature to add games to your purchase will be added". Naturally he didn't say when, which is annoying.

It was very vague and I've since asked in public chat and in private to another few admins, but they won't even answer and no one else has a clue.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#321 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16772 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:57 AM

So I did a little experiment to see the price differences.

I bought the bundle on the first day it came out with 6 games: Iron Grip: Warlord, Will Fight for Food, Stroke of Fate, Depth Hunter, Alien Breed: Impact, Dog Fighter, Syberia II and Tiny Bang Story.

On July 20th I paid $5.04 for those 8 games.

I went back to see what the minimum for those same games would be now and it is coming up $6.48 for me so they must have changed their pricing structure. Probably you get a lesser bulk discount due to the inclusion of more games?

If I went and bought those 8 plus the 4 new ones all today it would cost me $8.40, which is $3.36 more than I paid for the 8 that I bought on the first day.

If I go to just buy the 4 new ones today it is showing up as $3.60.

Not a huge difference but most of that seems to be due to a reduction in the bulk discount because people who buy today are actually paying more per game (well after the first couple) than I did early on. It seems like with more games added it takes more games to get more of a bulk discount I guess.

Anyway, it's rather confusing and I wish they hadn't done it this way, though it appears the actual real world difference between getting in early and buying a new BAB for the new stuff vs getting it all at once is minimal.
steam_sig.png
-jle7385

#322 Lockescythe   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1525 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Lockescythe

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:02 AM

Bab I found is kind of annoying. But I can't complain with 4 games for 3$ I guess.

#323 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16772 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:07 PM

Shadows on the Vatican on the BAB2 page now lists Desura. Can anyone verify that it does activate there at this point?
steam_sig.png
-jle7385

#324 Leftylikesgames   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   196 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Leftylikesgames

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:50 PM

Bab I found is kind of annoying. But I can't complain with 4 games for 3$ I guess.

Well, I was kind of pissed, especially since there was only two games I really wanted, so I paid the minimum of $3 for 3 games, and now they add 4 more games that do interest me, that I would have bought in the beginning if they had offered them then. So now I have to pay +$3 to buy another bundle.

Jeez, look at me, I'm complaining over $1 games, what is wrong with me. :-#

#325 Severose   I'm okie dokie and loopy CAGiversary!   2428 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:22 PM

Shadows on the Vatican on the BAB2 page now lists Desura. Can anyone verify that it does activate there at this point?

My "Universal" key was stripped away, so now I'm left with a DRM-free version until they ship out Desura keys to the game's original buyers. Will confirm once I get the key.

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#326 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16772 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:12 AM

Alright so I went and bit on Shadows on the Vatican, The Abbey and Deadly 30. I buy almost anything in a cheap indie bundle but I just couldn't bring myself to get Metal Dead for $1. I don't think I could for 10 cents even. :-P

Anyhow, I can confirm for new purchasers from here on it you will get a key that activates on Desura for Shadows on the Vatican as I just activated my copy there.

Downloading The Abbey now so I can add a link to it to Steam and Desura as a non-Steam/Desura game. It's big, 1.6 GB and downloading slooooow for me.

Edited by Motoki, 01 August 2012 - 12:27 AM.

steam_sig.png
-jle7385

#327 Leftylikesgames   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   196 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Leftylikesgames

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:44 AM

Alright so I went and bit on Shadows on the Vatican, The Abbey and Deadly 30. I buy almost anything in a cheap indie bundle but I just couldn't bring myself to get Metal Dead for $1. I don't think I could for 10 cents even. :-P

Anyhow, I can confirm for new purchasers from here on it you will get a key that activates on Desura for Shadows on the Vatican as I just activated my copy there.

Downloading The Abbey now so I can add a link to it to Steam and Desura as a non-Steam/Desura game. It's big, 1.6 GB and downloading slooooow for me.

Thanks for biting the bullet and taking a chance on SotV. I guess I'm buying another bundle.

Just curious though, what turns you off about Metal Dead? Is it the game's visual style?

#328 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16772 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:52 AM

Thanks for biting the bullet and taking a chance on SotV. I guess I'm buying another bundle.

Just curious though, what turns you off about Metal Dead? Is it the game's visual style?

Primarily, yes. That and Zombies (again) and the general humor style from the screenshots.

Come to think of it, probably everything. :-s

That's cool if other people want it and appreciate it but I just couldn't seem to muster up even the slightest inclination toward it and I tried because it's the only game in BAB2 now that I don't own.

Oh well, at least I have a couple of adventure games about sinister priests now. :lol:
steam_sig.png
-jle7385

#329 The End   is nigh! CAGiversary!   5587 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:22 PM

Looks like the $1 minimum purchase is now live. If you only wanted one game from this bundle, now's the time to buy.

#330 spoderman   Time = Money CAGiversary!   16735 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:08 PM

Jonny said at least one of the games in this list (I think it's a guess or wishlist that another user posted in their chat) will be in Be Mine 4:

Legend of Grimrock
ORION: Dino Beatdown
Revelations 2012
Fortune Summoners
Dynamite Jack
All Zombies Must Die!
Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3
Wizorb
Ys: The Oath in Felghana
Ys Origin
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
Wings of Prey
SOL: Exodus
Sequence
DETOUR
Rock of Ages
Inside a Star-filled Sky
Analogue: A Hate Story
The Haunted: Hells Reach
Magical Diary
Stacking
Nexuiz
Battlemass

GUtUP1U.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Music, Bundle, Game, Indie, Backlog, Groupees, Steam, Desura, DRM Free