* * * * - 11 votes

Groupees: [NEW] Build a Greenlight Bundle 33 + Oktoberfest + MiniBundle 7

Music Bundle Game Indie Backlog Groupees Steam Desura DRM Free

#4681 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23559 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:15 AM

nope all i got i alreayd have and want i neeed is to ddecide what to do with extras lol 

What cha got for extras?

Got any extras for me? :P ;)

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#4682 spoderman  

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:58 AM

Hints for next bonus game (I think it's the final one, if I'm understanding Jonny correctly):

- Added to greenlight this month
- Not a shmup or VN

My guess is Vanguard Princess

GUtUP1U.jpg

#4683 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:40 AM

still debating on what if any to buy from 1c sale with steam keys, any thing besides kings bounty that people like?

I ended up getting Fantasy Wars because...honestly I don't know, looked like something I might enjoy if I ever played it, but obviously that has barely a chance in hell of happening, so I'm pretending it was a bonus and I actually bought Death to Spies (which I wanted for some reason)...

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#4684 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10090 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:42 AM

Let me know when this animu crap is done with and they roll out a real bundle~

#4685 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:56 AM

Let me know when this animu crap is done with and they roll out a real bundle~

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#4686 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:09 AM

Sorry about the double post, but just for the record the missing keys on the bonus games for the 1C bundle were do to them running out. Apparently they are getting more, but myself and others in the chat still don't have them, so if anyone is just now buying the bundle I figured it was worth mentioning.

#4687 cyrus386  

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:59 PM

Just got a foil from Exceed the 3rd, selling for nearly four bucks.  Pays for the bundle, booyah!

#4688 Palinn   Skip the odds. CAGiversary!   2232 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:44 PM

Sorry about the double post, but just for the record the missing keys on the bonus games for the 1C bundle were do to them running out. Apparently they are getting more, but myself and others in the chat still don't have them, so if anyone is just now buying the bundle I figured it was worth mentioning.

I was missing keys but it looks like they are there now.

I still haven't bought the D2 bundle.  None of the bonuses have pushed me over the edge and I am getting a little irritated.  Japanese games are supposed to be cool!  What is up with this bundle?

#4689 juanjava   El ojo en el cielo CAGiversary!   4052 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:46 PM

Looking at the Doujin Bundle... Armed Seven looks GREAT. Is it recommended? Also, I don't think I ever played a "bullet hell" game. Only SHMUPS like Jamestown, Beat Hazard and such (recently at least). I used to love the genre on NES/SNES/Genesis. Are bullet hell games a lot different? Any recommendations or games to avoid on the bundle?

#4690 E-104 Epsilon   Weeb Dreamin' CAGiversary!   165 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

E-104 Epsilon

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:23 AM

Buying the bundle solely for the untitled album. Meishi Smile supported last bundle with providing an album and he collab'd to help produce this album

Caskett-V03.png

:360: / :xb1: E104 Epsil |  :ps3: Caskett-V03 | Steam e104_epsilon

#4691 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4483 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:48 AM

Any thoughts on the Bass Bundle 2?  Not generally my genre of music, so I don't really know anything about what it is offering.

#4692 seamoss   CAGadversary! CAGiversary!   1932 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:32 AM

Any thoughts on the Bass Bundle 2?  Not generally my genre of music, so I don't really know anything about what it is offering.

I got it - I don't think I've missed any of these $1 music Groupees bundles since I always find at least an album or two that I like. Ihaven't listened to it yet, but you can always listen to the short previews in the bundle page or look the artists/albums up on Bandcamp.

Oh, and the Groupees Bundle of the Damned 2 starts in a couple of hours. From the trailer:

Lucius
Survivor Squad
Undead Legions
Port Mortem: One Must Die
Collide
Alone Architect
Neverside: This Is Our Gun
47 Decembers
and tons of bonuses

Only the first four look like games - the rest is music & comics. Hopefully the bonuses will be good.

#4693 RollingSkull   Banned Banned   6307 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

RollingSkull

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:32 AM

Looking at the Doujin Bundle... Armed Seven looks GREAT. Is it recommended? Also, I don't think I ever played a "bullet hell" game. Only SHMUPS like Jamestown, Beat Hazard and such (recently at least). I used to love the genre on NES/SNES/Genesis. Are bullet hell games a lot different? Any recommendations or games to avoid on the bundle?

Jamestown has most of the skills you need for boolet hell.

Exceed 3rd and Kamui are my favorites. Exceed 2nd is quite good for an Ikaruga clone. Note that you should not expect to get to the end of either Exceed game without a lot of practice but they are decent.

Armed Seven is very good as well.

Skip Exceed 1 but get the soundtrack. Suguri is good for a Virtua On/Senko No Ronde clone. (If that doesn't make sense, imagine the girls are reskinned giant mechas and they control more like giant mechas than standard shump little girl heroines.)

Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#4694 rainking187   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2272 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

rainking187

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:42 AM

Lucius looks pretty creepy, I'l probably pick up the bundle just for that. Build a Greenlight Bundle 4 starts at the same time as the Bundle of the Damned, but there's no video announcement, just drawings. And I have no idea what any of them are supposed to be.

#4695 sunasun   "The Burger King" CAGiversary!   4633 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:49 AM

Lucius looks pretty creepy, I'l probably pick up the bundle just for that. Build a Greenlight Bundle 4 starts at the same time as the Bundle of the Damned, but there's no video announcement, just drawings. And I have no idea what any of them are supposed to be.

They're going to be

wait for it

MINE!!!!!

lol, I amuse myself.

spoderman And tebow like this

midnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#4696 Detruire   Would have finished the dark skin first CAGiversary!   5328 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:13 AM

All these new bundles and they still haven't restored anywhere near most of the downloads from past bundles. :censored:

Selling Indie Gala bundles.
Do you buy most IG bundles? PM me or add me on Steam to ask about an IG subscription today! :D

#4697 rainking187   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2272 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

rainking187

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:01 AM

Video for Build a Greenlight bundle is up.

Inverto

Angvik

Deo

Frozen Hearth

Man in a Maze

Zigfrak

Mr Bree+

#4698 dbolt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   235 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:14 AM

Frozen Hearth was #37 on Greenlight in October 2 so that one has really good chances at getting greenlit.

#4699 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10090 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:59 AM

Might get that one.  Everything else in either bundle seems pretty meh.

#4700 spoderman  

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:19 AM

I don't understand why Frozen Hearth doesn't include a desura key..

GUtUP1U.jpg

#4701 MulderYuffie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1069 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

MulderYuffie

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:25 AM

Really? That does seem knid of weird. I've been debating on getting Deo for a little while now going to for sure go for that. Motoki and I have been in talks with the Deo developers about possible Steam keys if greenlit and it seems like they are most probably willing...

http://steamcommunit...ments/131064456

76561198049491727.png

mulderyuffie.png

#4702 spoderman  

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:13 AM

Really? That does seem knid of weird. I've been debating on getting Deo for a little while now going to for sure go for that. Motoki and I have been in talks with the Deo developers about possible Steam keys if greenlit and it seems like they are most probably willing...

http://steamcommunit...ments/131064456

Yeah.. I saw someone ask ShiftySlug about it in support chat. Shifty's response was that Frozen Hearth doesn't come with a desura key because the online activation key is the same as the one Desura provides.. which seems like a crappy reason. Not sure if I want it now, since we're not getting Desura keys. I suppose it won't matter much as long as it gets greenlit.

GUtUP1U.jpg

#4703 Necrotron   Now with strawberry! CAGiversary!   882 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:21 AM

Yeah, all I want is Frozen Hearth.  Looks like I need to wait for the 'buy one' event.

#4704 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10090 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:03 AM

Burn Zombie Burn is a pretty fun twin-stick shooter and as the first bonus in the Damned 2 bundle it's worth it for $1.  Plus you get all the other crap, too.

#4705 juanjava   El ojo en el cielo CAGiversary!   4052 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:51 AM

I don’t know if Lucius has been patched, but that game made me sick (past groupees bundle) . Atrocious loading times, several minutes waiting, don't matter if the same level. And the game is so slow pacing and clueless...

The game really had potential, but is a pain to play. If it was enhanced later through some patches, please let me know.

#4706 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23559 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:56 PM

Interested in Lucious.

So, is anyone into the music by Collide?

Never heard of them - but from those samples, they kind of remind of Chiasm.

Of course, you know - Collide was out way before Emileigh Rohn (Chiasm) was.

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#4707 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   5230 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:56 PM

Interested in Lucious.

So, is anyone into the music by Collide?
Never heard of them - but from those samples, they kind of remind of Chiasm.

Of course, you know - Collide was out way before Emileigh Rohn (Chiasm) was.

Man, you've played way too much Vampire: Bloodlines!

1819.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#4708 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   5230 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:02 PM

Yeah.. I saw someone ask ShiftySlug about it in support chat. Shifty's response was that Frozen Hearth doesn't come with a desura key because the online activation key is the same as the one Desura provides.. which seems like a crappy reason. Not sure if I want it now, since we're not getting Desura keys. I suppose it won't matter much as long as it gets greenlit.

Th dev said the same thing on the Greenlight page, but I understood that to mean that the "activation" key would get you a Desura copy by putting it into Desura? Maybe I misread it. 

Yeah, all I want is Frozen Hearth.  Looks like I need to wait for the 'buy one' event.

+1. A bunch of platformers + Zigfrak, which I have from Indiegamestand.

1819.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#4709 icedragon15   Banned Banned   3450 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

icedragon15

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:11 PM

im ight buidl greenlight bundle frozen hearth looks yummy jk 

486163.png

76561198028344994.png

where the insane message button do snakey bro spanking you is message that message right eheeh 

They're all message buttons!   :bouncy:

http://cms.fightfort...ure.org/tellfcc

https://en.necessary...take-action/EFF

#4710 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23559 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:17 PM

Man, you've played way too much Vampire: Bloodlines!

One of the few games in recent years I've finished and at least tried to replay here and there, over the years.

Usually around Halloween every year, I either end-up reinstalling it (if it ain't on my PC - that ain't happened since I bought this PC, since I refuse to uninstall it) and playing it again for a bit of time.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Music, Bundle, Game, Indie, Backlog, Groupees, Steam, Desura, DRM Free