* * * * - 11 votes

Groupees: [NEW] Build a Greenlight Bundle 33 + Oktoberfest + MiniBundle 7

Music Bundle Game Indie Backlog Groupees Steam Desura DRM Free

#22231 elessar123  

Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:36 PM

Wow!  :shock:

If I'm doing the conversion correctly I think that means he'll have about a nickel.

Still more than selling cards!

Spoiler

#22232 AdmiralGialHackbar  

AdmiralGialHackbar

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:06 PM

doge coins were made as a joke and have been as high as 2 billion in market cap. dont discount a poppecoin!

#22233 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   13774 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:19 AM

Wasn't the point of Bitcoin that it had a limited amount of coins? And mining millions of coins would probably cost millions and much longer than a couple of months.

Well it's designed to split based on an algorithm so there will always be more to mine eventually. It was intended to form naturally like real precious gems and metals, and it's decentralized and not fiat-based. People can create their own algorithms to generate arbitrary blockchains, but it doesn't necessarily mean they'll be worth anything if nobody cares about them. I think there's over 1400 cryptocurrencies out there right now, and only like 12 are worth over $1.

And with that in mind, Poopeescoins would be worth just about as much as actual poop, which is not a goddamn thing.

#22234 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10090 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:59 AM

https://groupees.com/remute22

Poopies have terrible bundles but at least this has Stonekeep for $2 + random crap.  Might consider this for nostalgia.

#22235 letsmaybeLP92   Indie Game Enthusiast CAGiversary!   288 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

letsmaybeLP92

Posted 17 January 2018 - 03:19 AM

https://groupees.com/remute22

Remute has "interesting" bundles but at least this has Stonekeep for $2 +3 random unbundled games and 1 bundled shmup.  Might consider this for nostalgia.

FTFY

#22236 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8704 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2018 - 03:25 AM

I think they said this would have two Interplay games.

#22237 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10090 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2018 - 03:59 AM

Anyone have some kind of history of remute bundles so compare the levels of poop?

#22238 spoderman  

Posted 17 January 2018 - 05:48 AM

Anyone have some kind of history of remute bundles so compare the levels of poop?

you're paying $2 for stonekeep. the rest will be trash. if remute doesn't reveal the other interplay title before the bundle starts, itll be trash too.

GUtUP1U.jpg

#22239 agentghost   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5050 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2018 - 06:56 AM

please let Groupees die with dignity ... #freeMotoki

#22240 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   13774 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2018 - 07:40 AM

Remute's the Stay Puft to their Gozer. His bundles are the best they can do now.

If their info is all accurate (lol) then the other Interplay game could be Kingdom: The Far Reaches. But it's most likely Screamer.

#22241 spoderman  

Posted 17 January 2018 - 12:26 PM

Cyberia is the other Interplay game.

GUtUP1U.jpg

#22242 letsmaybeLP92   Indie Game Enthusiast CAGiversary!   288 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

letsmaybeLP92

Posted 17 January 2018 - 05:58 PM

And remute bundle live

Stonekeep

Cyberia

Project Mercury

Sigi: A Fart for Melusina

Mobile Astro

and music

#22243 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4483 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2018 - 06:19 PM

And remute bundle live

Stonekeep

Cyberia

Project Mercury

Sigi: A Fart for Melusina

Mobile Astro

and music

I don't know what you are all complaining about.

That's a decent lineup of games for one of Groupees' 50 bundles.

#22244 waabulo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   929 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2018 - 05:04 AM

I been under the weather lately and missed the presale.  I generally preorder Remute's bundles as currently his is the best curated.  Only an extra 99 cents allows me to decide if Cyberia, Sigi, Stonekeep and Project Mercury are worth it. Also, you cannot use coins.  The only unlock is a music bit from Remute.  I am not going to cry about missing this one as opposed to if I would have slept through a new humble bundle weekly by a couple of days.

#22245 spoderman  

Posted 18 January 2018 - 06:54 AM

I been under the weather lately and missed the presale.  I generally preorder Remute's bundles as currently his is the best curated.  Only an extra 99 cents allows me to decide if Cyberia, Sigi, Stonekeep and Project Mercury are worth it. Also, you cannot use coins.  The only unlock is a music bit from Remute.  I am not going to cry about missing this one as opposed to if I would have slept through a new humble bundle weekly by a couple of days.

You could use coins when the bundle first went live due to a glitch, but it got fixed. I have one remaining $1 coin that I doubt I'll be able to spend before Groupees dies. Pretty much worthless

Even if I could use coins on any good bundles (in some alternate universe where Groupees bundles are still good), I'd feel guilty using them cuz the devs don't get paid when you do.

GUtUP1U.jpg

#22246 SeriousGeorge   horrendusness CAGiversary!   346 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

SeriousGeorge

Posted 18 January 2018 - 06:09 PM

What makes you think they get paid when you don't use coins?

#22247 Modest Package  

Modest Package

Posted 18 January 2018 - 06:14 PM

Who is they? Jonny's manicurist?

#22248 Wapcaplet   Ancient Ass Gamer CAGiversary!   221 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Wapcaplet

Posted 18 January 2018 - 11:52 PM

Preorder for BM32 is finally up.  Game count is back up to 7 -- Jonny must have found some spare Steam keys behind the couch.

#22249 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4206 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 01:52 AM

Preorder for BM32 is finally up. Game count is back up to 7 -- Jonny must have found some spare Steam keys behind the couch.

Or he found some newb devs who take payment in Poopiez coinz!

#22250 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10090 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 05:06 AM

Any other games identified other than Starship Titanic (or w/e it's called).  As much as I like Douglas Adams a 20 year old adventure game isn't going to get me to pre order.

#22251 spoderman  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 05:01 PM

Any other games identified other than Starship Titanic (or w/e it's called).  As much as I like Douglas Adams a 20 year old adventure game isn't going to get me to pre order.

Stereo Aereo and Riskers. Both have been $0.99 on sale. Riskers is still on sale.. All of the reveals have been very cheap before.

GUtUP1U.jpg

#22252 spoderman  

Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:23 AM

Really Groupees.. System Shock 2? As if everyone doesn't own that yet, wtf. Bad bundle overall but I guess it's nice that Toonstruck is in it. I feel like there's gonna be one big bundle of Interplay steam titles eventually..

Oh, and one of the games is an IR repeat lmao

GUtUP1U.jpg

#22253 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   13774 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:36 AM

By the way, Toonstruck keys aren't showing up in people's orders. Classic Poopees...

(I only had System Shock so moraning it worked out for me)

#22254 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4206 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2018 - 02:12 AM

By the way, Toonstruck keys aren't showing up in people's orders. Classic Poopees...

(I only had System Shock so moraning it worked out for me)

They should change the Toonstruck icon back to a question mark and call it a mystery game, until they can find some old Digital Homicide keys laying around.

#22255 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4582 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2018 - 02:59 AM

Six games I didn't have for $2 and Starship Titanic is one I've almost bought before on Steam.

This stable genius of a cat is happy enough with it I guess, it's better than most of the shithole bundles Groupees poops out these days.

CAG and chill to my favourite track ... The Strangest Dream  9timh3.jpg

#22256 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10090 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2018 - 04:31 AM

The Poop is real.

#22257 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4483 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2018 - 04:52 AM

Really Groupees.. System Shock 2? As if everyone doesn't own that yet, wtf. Bad bundle overall but I guess it's nice that Toonstruck is in it. I feel like there's gonna be one big bundle of Interplay steam titles eventually..

Oh, and one of the games is an IR repeat lmao

Repeat of an IR I skipped, at least.  And did anyone who bought that IR get Steam keys?

#22258 Wapcaplet   Ancient Ass Gamer CAGiversary!   221 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Wapcaplet

Posted 20 January 2018 - 05:15 AM

Repeat of an IR I skipped, at least.  And did anyone who bought that IR get Steam keys?

The dev refused to give them out to IR buyers.

http://steamcommunit...537632735587293

I'm sorry to say, that is basically an impossibility.

Firstly, since Desura is gone, I no longer have access to any list of people who actually purchased the game to verify for key distribution. They never paid me anyway, so you can probably guess I'm none to happy with that situation.

Secondly, this version of the game is much expanded from the game that came out back then. I put in a whole lot of effort to not only update it for Steam as a platform with new online leaderboard capability and stat tracking, but spent the time to add an entire new character with new mechanics and a separate story line. This new version also drops the defunct XNA platform in favor of the modern FNA replacement which runs on OpenGL instead of DirectX. There's also expanded support for controllers and a host of other improvements.

Fortunately, I skipped that IR too, and for some reason I never bought a bundle with System Shock 2 in it, so no Steam repeats for me.  That's about the best I can hope for from Groupees these days, and getting Starship Titanic (never owned) and Toonstruck (have the retail version around here somewhere) were nice bonuses.

#22259 spoderman  

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:58 AM

the only game of decent "value" in this bundle is toonstruck, since interplay is stingy as Fuck with steam discounts. the rest have been $1. i think system shock 2 may have been free before but that might just have been the gog version. I skipped that IR bundle as well but it's funny how they're still looking at a long been dead bundle site to rip games from.

GUtUP1U.jpg

#22260 juanjava   El ojo en el cielo CAGiversary!   4052 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2018 - 03:23 PM

Crap. I remember playing the toonstruck demo back on the days, and it was funny. Want to buy it, but if people are not receiving keys and such as I read... And also, Groupees. Bleh

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Music, Bundle, Game, Indie, Backlog, Groupees, Steam, Desura, DRM Free