* * * * - 11 votes

Groupees: [NEW] Build a Greenlight Bundle 33 + Oktoberfest + MiniBundle 7

Music Bundle Game Indie Backlog Groupees Steam Desura DRM Free

#22351 letsmaybeLP92   Indie Game Enthusiast CAGiversary!   278 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

letsmaybeLP92

Posted 27 March 2018 - 02:42 PM

There was a time in the distant past, when a game not appearing before meant there was at least a slight uptick in the possibility of a higher-quality game.  That time has gone.  Now there is just shovelware bundle after shovelware bundle....kinda like IG......mostly......

The issue is that even IF this had all high-profile games, there wouldn't be enough coverage for those developers to come back for more. IGN and Kotaku and those video game reporters all over the internet are willing to write heaps of praise on "bad" Humble bundles yet not a single word on other sites. Even the time when a Groupees bundle was "sponsored" by IGN or someone, it was simply to do a huge giveaway and not really about visibility of the site. The lesser known music artists also aren't as appreciative of more exposure like game devs are.

#22352 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   13640 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2018 - 04:36 PM

The issue is that even IF this had all high-profile games, there wouldn't be enough coverage for those developers to come back for more. IGN and Kotaku and those video game reporters all over the internet are willing to write heaps of praise on "bad" Humble bundles yet not a single word on other sites. Even the time when a Groupees bundle was "sponsored" by IGN or someone, it was simply to do a huge giveaway and not really about visibility of the site. The lesser known music artists also aren't as appreciative of more exposure like game devs are.

They didn't make it big because of how they were run, the people they burned, and the quality of what they offered. Humble's origins never resulted in not paying developers or offering multiple copies of mystery games to get rid of extra keys. It wasn't until the IGN takeover that they began screwing customers by offering the same games for cheaper and taking away credit. Groupees is better as a niche bundling site, they get to offer publisher games from Interplay exclusively while being small enough to experiment without much backlash. There's a welcomed leniency to be had in their relative obscurity.

What rcsample said is that there's too much garbage on Steam to equate the phrase "new to bundles" to being worth purchasing. Otakumaker has a lot of bundle debuts for their 99 cent trash games, but at least that's only 33 cents for 10 games in a group buy. Groupees has what I'd call a premium pricing structure, and offering the same quality games in less quantity for $2 or more is much less appealing.

#22353 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4576 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2018 - 11:10 PM

For those of us smart, very smart people who didn't do the BM subscription the $2 presale is now on for the 34th BM. There are apparently 6 games and the guesses so far are ...

Rocket Fist

What The Box

Here's the hints ...

BM_34-1.jpg

Yugely hoping the white things aren't from Toast Time

CAG and chill to my favourite track ... The Strangest Dream  9timh3.jpg

#22354 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8134 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2018 - 10:02 PM

I feel this would help Groupees...

Spoiler

#22355 inm8num2   The result is quite fresh and quality. CAGiversary!   2719 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2018 - 12:49 AM

I feel this would help Groupees...

Spoiler

That might also help rcsample after he eats an entire Jack's frozen pizza in one sitting.

FfjorMk.png

#22356 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4466 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2018 - 02:07 AM

Anyone pick up the latest Be Mine and not want the music from the $1 tier?

#22357 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4125 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2018 - 05:26 AM

New Bundle?  Groupees still drops poop that isn't a BM??? Fo sho....I guess...

https://groupees.com/vip3

6 Beep Boops and 1 Game....COME ON MOTOKI, FIND MORE GAMES FOR YANNI POOPIEZ OTHERWISE YOU'LL NEVER GET OUT OF THE DUNG-EON!!!!

#22358 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8134 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2018 - 05:37 AM

Beep Boops... Maybe I'll use a coi... Ohhh wait...

#22359 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4466 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2018 - 05:42 AM

On that Glitch Black bundle.  It appears that their full digital discography is only $2 on bandcamp. 

#22360 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   13640 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2018 - 03:26 PM

I missed the BM preorder, probably would have bought it. That's another thing about Poopees, not only are their clues obscure but they release these bundles "soon" with some random ass time frame to build up hype. All it does is build resentment and make them seem unreliable. Set a 48-hour window from announcement to release, dumbasses. No way I'm spending $4.50.

Lmao at the $4 tier on the Glitch Black bundle if the same albums are all available for $2.

#22361 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4125 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2018 - 04:52 PM

I missed the BM preorder, probably would have bought it. That's another thing about Poopees, not only are their clues obscure but they release these bundles "soon" with some random ass time frame to build up hype. All it does is build resentment and make them seem unreliable. Set a 48-hour window from announcement to release, dumbasses. No way I'm spending $4.50.

Lmao at the $4 tier on the Glitch Black bundle if the same albums are all available for $2.

Was there a pre-odor on the glitch black? I really don't want pay retail...so I will pass on that pile of poop

#22362 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4466 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2018 - 04:52 PM

Almost the same albums.  That Singles Compilation is not actually on their own Bandcamp page.  Those look to all have been in compilation albums for a different label.  (And it looks like most of those albums are pay-what-you-want/free.)

Also, two or three of those albums have been in prior Groupees bundles.

#22363 waabulo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   913 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2018 - 12:24 AM

Was there a pre-odor on the glitch black? I really don't want pay retail...so I will pass on that pile of poop

There was not a pre-order or odor for glitch black bundle.  If I was allowed to buy with groupees coins, I would go for the $4 tier.  $2 tier it is then

#22364 waabulo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   913 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 02 April 2018 - 07:20 PM

new chiptune music bundle up

$1 min., 7 music items

https://groupees.com/azureflux

from site:

Get all of my 8bit chiptunes for $1, made with my Game Boys and FamiTracker! It’s all rather melodic and cute, save for Mean Machine which is more bass heavy. Thank you!
Check out my live videos: http://www.youtube.c...zuremakingsound

#22365 waabulo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   913 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2018 - 06:00 PM

another music bundle pre-order

https://groupees.com/awitw3

$2 min.  42 music selections

quote from groupees Christian:

If you didn’t get the first to AWITW (A Walk In The Woods) Bundles, then this is a massive synthwave music bundle at a crazy price.  If you did get the last one, you’ll find the entire bundle in the first $1 min tier, and then a bunch of new releases in higher priced tiers and bonuses

20% goes to World Wildlife Fund

#22366 waabulo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   913 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 April 2018 - 12:20 AM

new comics bundle pre-order

https://groupees.com...ulofindiecomics

$1 min. for 11 comics

"SyrupPirates.com has teamed up with their indie comics friends to present Fistful of Indie Comics Bundle featuring comics by Jason Payne, Charles Brubaker, Jayson Kretzer, Sarah “Sketch” Reed, Gonzalo Alvarez, Ace Wheelie, and Brad Perri. Top contributor prizes include physical books!"

$1, why not

#22367 letsmaybeLP92   Indie Game Enthusiast CAGiversary!   278 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

letsmaybeLP92

Posted 11 April 2018 - 03:22 AM

new comics bundle pre-order

https://groupees.com...ulofindiecomics

$1 min. for 11 comics

"SyrupPirates.com has teamed up with their indie comics friends to present Fistful of Indie Comics Bundle featuring comics by Jason Payne, Charles Brubaker, Jayson Kretzer, Sarah “Sketch” Reed, Gonzalo Alvarez, Ace Wheelie, and Brad Perri. Top contributor prizes include physical books!"

$1, why not

Also the comic artists actually take the time to come into chat.

#22368 letsmaybeLP92   Indie Game Enthusiast CAGiversary!   278 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

letsmaybeLP92

Posted 11 April 2018 - 05:52 PM

Bundle Titles:

$1 Tier

* Wannabe Heroes by Jayson Kretzer

* Cats & Witches by Charles Brubaker

* Tall Tales for Short Kittens #1 & #2 by Jason Payne

* Tabula Rosetta vol 1 by Sarah Allen Reed

$2 Tier 

* Hamilton vs Burr: A Werewolf Tales by WR Comics

* Tabula Rosetta vol 2 by Sarah Allen Reed

* The Legend of Polloman Prologue: Visiting El Ratón de Los Dientes by Gonzalo Alvarez

* Take What You Need: The Complete Tiny Todd & Janis by Jason Payne

* Princezz by Jason Payne

* Philip K. Dick's The Hanging Stranger a comic adaptation by Jason Payne

Unlockables $1000

* Pizza Fright #1 Preview by Jason Payne

* Pirate Mike vol 3 by Brad Perri

-----

Bios:

Sarah Allen Reed

Sarah Allen Reed is a prolific cartoonist, author, and musician based out of Saint Charles, Missouri. In the comix world, she is known as the author of Tabula Rosetta, Funhouse, and nearly the entire Blackwork catalog

Jason Payne

A cartoonist and designer based out of Cairo, Georgia, where he lives with his wonderful dog named Lucy, and the founder of Syrup Pirates®. His creations include Princezz, Tiny Todd & Janis, and Evil the Little Armless girl.

Charles Brubaker

Originally from Japan, Brubaker rose to prominence in the cartoon circle at early age, having assisted historians on animation books while he was still a teenager. He contributes to MAD Magazine and SpongeBob Comics, draws comics Ask a Cat and The Fuzzy Princess, and writes about animation history. He currently lives in Martin, Tennessee.

Jayson Kretzer

Jayson Kretzer is a full time artist living in Lynn Haven, Florida. 

Gonzalo Alvarez

Gonzalo Alvarez is a Latino Illustrator, Game Designer, and Creative Director/Founder of the video game studio Macua Studios which produced the internationally recognized immigration game, Borders. 

Jarrod Alberich

Jarrod Alberich Upcycling Artist—Inker—Creator of “Hamilton vs Burr: A Werewolf Tale”—Marvel Sketchcard Artist—Combat Vet—Auburn Man—Podcaster on Comics & 007

Brad Perri

Brad Perri is a cartoonist who lives in Saint Paul with his wife and two dogs. He has been making Pirate Mike comics since 2013. During the day, he writes other stuff for other people in exchange for money. Like any good pirate, he's gotta eat!

#22369 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4125 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 April 2018 - 12:21 AM

Also the comic artists

https://youtu.be/dMwhZryRUr4

#22370 letsmaybeLP92   Indie Game Enthusiast CAGiversary!   278 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

letsmaybeLP92

Posted 14 April 2018 - 12:08 AM

Ladies and gents, this is the moment you've waited for...

https://groupees.com/tax4

0.5 minimum preorder: 5 Games + 2 Albums + 3 Videos + 2 Others  

#22371 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   3809 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 April 2018 - 04:48 AM

cSAzCy7.png

He didn't himself it.

You couldn't help noting with every breath that thousands of other people were very close to you and nearly all of them had armpits.

#22372 inm8num2   The result is quite fresh and quality. CAGiversary!   2719 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 April 2018 - 05:38 PM

The 'Donate to charity' box seems redundant since every Groupees purchase is essentially a donation to the "Help fund Yanni's next vacation to Bora Bora" charity.

FfjorMk.png

#22373 letsmaybeLP92   Indie Game Enthusiast CAGiversary!   278 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

letsmaybeLP92

Posted 14 April 2018 - 08:09 PM

https://snag.gy/aQmSIH.jpg

That's just what we needed. Thanks Jonny  8-)

#22374 Yu Narukami  

Yu Narukami

Posted 15 April 2018 - 08:27 AM

The 'Donate to charity' box seems redundant since every Groupees purchase is essentially a donation to the "Help fund Yanni's next vacation to Bora Bora" charity.

Tell me when there's a donation to help fund Yanni and Shitty's next vacation to Alcatraz. I'll be the top donor!

#22375 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   13640 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2018 - 04:00 PM

https://snag.gy/aQmSIH.jpg

That's just what we needed. Thanks Jonny  8-)

Can we talk about whatever the hell that bio is that Jonny wrote about himself to the right of what you circled?

#22376 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4125 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2018 - 04:34 PM

Can we talk about whatever the hell that bio is that Jonny wrote about himself to the right of what you circled?

Not sure, couldn't read it, not, enough, commas,,,,,

#22377 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8134 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2018 - 06:44 PM

Not sure, couldn't read it, not, enough, commas,,,,,

At least he didn't put in the Oxford Comma, AMIRITE

#22378 letsmaybeLP92   Indie Game Enthusiast CAGiversary!   278 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

letsmaybeLP92

Posted 15 April 2018 - 10:10 PM

Here we go:

He comes from the future on a mission to save the World from itself, deluded by visions of cyborgs this futuristic Don Quixote, his lance, a Thermal Nuclear Magnum 357,000, his Dulcinea, an ample-breasted Barista at Big Bucks, takes up arms against the numbing influences of modern life and in particular pop culture’s embrace of the violent hero archetype, a bumbling, bungling knight errant, 8 feet, 375 pounds of cybergenetic poultry, the perfect killing machine, who through his mayhem-laced adventures from Brooklyn to Bombay, and points in between, reveals the fundamental quality of a true hero, a deep and abiding humanity, his name, Cyber-Chicken, or to his friends at Big Bucks in Brooklyn, Jonny Cappuccino….

#22379 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4125 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:10 PM

Don't forget to get your Manure Grab Bag from Poopiez for $5....U KAN UZE KOINZ!?!?!?!?!?!?!!

https://groupees.com/mgb

3 random JAST pervert keys apparently..

Keys mentioned in prevert chat 

• Steins Gate,
  • School Days HQ
  • Snow Drop
  • Ying-Yang! X-Change Alternative
  • Cat Girl Alliance
  • Yukkuri Panic: Escalation

#22380 Modest Package  

Modest Package

Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:35 PM

Thought I could finally get rid of this coin, but it's agegating and it won't let me fill in a random date for DOB. Just cease operations already.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Music, Bundle, Game, Indie, Backlog, Groupees, Steam, Desura, DRM Free