Playstation 3D Display $199.99 at GameStop & Best Buy

Kingmob46

CAGiversary!
Gamestop

Best Buy

Edit 5: Seems Best Buy is back in stock, Newegg is now $249.

Edit 4: [damn this thread won't die!] Newegg is now @ $199 [free ship, not tax for most, also Shoprunner eligible] Best Buy still has it @ $199 but it is back-ordered on .com, check for stock in store. Thanks to TheTruth1983 [that you Paul?] for the Newegg info!

EDIT 3: Now dead at Best Buy, YMMV Price Match?

EDIT 2: This does not include the extra glasses/MLB bundle at either location. Just the monitor, 1 pair of glasses, and Motorstorm Apocalypse. Thank you to all the posting Caggers for the updates!

Ok, Don't kill the messenger,this is just a kindly FYI service, the Playstation 3D display/bundle [what ever they have in stock] will be $199 next week.

Buy 4 and use them to prop up your bed for extra storage :bouncy:

EDIT:
I will just add this bit of information, though we will not be able to confirm it until the 27th. When I was talking to the GS employee who told me about this sale last week; he indicated that GS was "clearing out" the stock on hand and that what ever stock/bundle he had was going to be $199. Again, I CANNOT CONFIRM THIS. However, I will be in that store Wednesday morning just in case the bundles [with extra games/glasses] are $199.

Last edited by a moderator:
was waiting for the $200 price point.
i might jump on it @ Bestbuy with a PM, since i have about $150 worth the store credit at BB.
Thanks OP. :)

I vaguely recall a couple members who said they'd try it out once it hit under the $200 mark.

So this plus the ability to burn some GS GC might be favorable to a couple folks.

I need a new TV, so this is a great time. My son has a 32 inch LCD display that he would gladly give up for a 3D capable TV. I will def see if I can PM @ BBY as well and prob get a warranty on it considering it has had several problems reported with it.

Buyer Beware: Based on reports of failure rates I'd highly recommend you also purchase an extended warranty for this; don't know if Gamestop offers them or not.

[quote name='Yanksfan']I need a new TV, so this is a great time. My son has a 32 inch LCD display that he would gladly give up for a 3D capable TV. I will def see if I can PM @ BBY as well and prob get a warranty on it considering it has had several problems reported with it.[/QUOTE]

This is not a TV, but rather a display- meaning that it does not have a built in TV tuner or remote control. You probably already knew this, but others viewing this thread may not.

Also, for those thinking about using this as 3d monitor for your PC, if you have an nvidia graphic card 3d is not supported.

LAstly, here is a lengthy thread from the playstation forums about problems with the display.

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3911087?start=0&tstart=0

[quote name='iduncurr']I vaguely recall a couple members who said they'd try it out once it hit under the $200 mark.

So this plus the ability to burn some GS GC might be favorable to a couple folks.[/QUOTE]

Nope, those people will probably only buy when its $150 and under now and then when it hits $150, only when it's $100 and under etc...until only when it hits $5 at Best Buy.

[quote name='DanteWarrior']Not a bad price for some to take a leap of faith.
But $99 or no deal for me[/QUOTE]Won't last that long they've been slowly dwindling away & with no restocks around $150-$175 that'll be the end.

How trustworth is this info? I only say that because the ad states it runs thru 6/26 - why would this start on the 25th?. This a one day sale? Just want to know how "Real" this is.

[quote name='Foxconn Worker']i wonder if dis includes da free games like uncharted killzone and motorstorm[/QUOTE]

I believe resistance 3 is being included.

Very tempting if I could match at Best Buy. I've got $60 in credit and RZ. I had a use for it a few months ago, but not so much anymore. Hmmm...

[quote name='bgame2']I believe resistance 3 is being included.[/QUOTE]

When I bough mine at Best Buy a couple months ago, it came with an HDMI cable and Motorstorm. Also, no remote. You've been warned: buy the PS3 Blu-Ray remote. It works perfectly with the TV.

just bought this yesterday at best buy for 250 in the hope in would drop further in the next month. verrrrrry nice; but I wonder how hard it will be to pm...the website only has the extra glasses and game bundle...

Perfect, just the price I was waiting for. I also happen to have a ton of Gamestop credit, so no tax either. Although maybe I should have it price matched at Best Buy so that I can get an extended warranty on it, since it sounds like these things aren't so reliable. On that note, would anyone happen to know how much a 2/4 year replacement plan for a $200 display is at Best Buy?

[quote name='Edge']Perfect, just the price I was waiting for. I also happen to have a ton of Gamestop credit, so no tax either. Although maybe I should have it price matched at Best Buy so that I can get an extended warranty on it, since it sounds like these things aren't so reliable. On that note, would anyone happen to know how much a 2/4 year replacement plan for a $200 display is at Best Buy?[/QUOTE]

I'd have to guess $40 for two years or around 75 for four years. I'll attempt to check when I work tomorrow.

[quote name='caltab']This is not a TV, but rather a display- meaning that it does not have a built in TV tuner or remote control. You probably already knew this, but others viewing this thread may not.

Also, for those thinking about using this as 3d monitor for your PC, if you have an nvidia graphic card 3d is not supported.

LAstly, here is a lengthy thread from the playstation forums about problems with the display.

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3911087?start=0&tstart=0[/QUOTE]

Wow, that sucks. Thanks for the info. I'm in need of a new TV for the work out room, a new monitor for the new PC build with an nvidia gpu, and I don't care for poor quality...so this thing is pretty much my enemy.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']How good is this as a computer monitor?[/QUOTE]

I use this as a second display for my MacBook Pro 2011 model with the mini-display port to hdmi adapter and it works like a dream!!! no handshake issues, no problems whatsoever. I love this display and am going to buy a second one at 199.99. I highly recommend it

[quote name='coldgears']Can I play 360 games with 3d support using this?[/QUOTE]

I can confirm this. I got one for $200 from the Sony store with a coupon offer they had a month ago or so. The first thing we did was hook up the 360 to it because my son wanted to try Halo Anniverary in 3D.

Since then it has been used as a second gaming screeen in our game room so that the boys can play at the same time (one on the 360, one on the PS3). We've put it to heavy use in a month and no problems so far. It is a beautiful screen, though to be honest we haven't used the 3D since the first day :lol:.

But at $200 and with Motorstorm Apocalypse bundled it wasn't a bad deal. Still, wish I had known about this as I'd rather have waited and used my GS credit instead of my credit card.

Keep in mind there's no tuner, so if you want to use this as an actual TV you're out of luck.

I'd probably pick one up if it fit in my bookshelf that I play games on. From what I saw of the Best Buy display, it looked really nice, even without the 3D activated.

Kind of tempting, if true. FWIW, Amazon has it for $220 right now, but that doesn't include free shipping, and it doesn't include the extra pair of glasses and free game that the Gamestop bundle may include.

[quote name='Zippon']Kind of tempting, if true. FWIW, Amazon has it for $220 right now, but that doesn't include free shipping, and it doesn't include the extra pair of glasses and free game that the Gamestop bundle may include.[/QUOTE]

And it's sold by WorldWide Distributors, not Amazon.

[quote name='DoctorCharlesNichols']You guys realize that you can plug a cable box into this thing via USB, right?[/QUOTE]

you can plug a cable box into it via hdmi or component as well. its just lacking a tuner for over-the-air signals

I may or may not get this. This all depends on whether or not the Sony visor coming out near the end of the year is 1080p, OLED and 3D. If it's 720p and not OLED I will probably not buy it.
I have been meaning to get some sort of 3D display ever since the Ayumi Hamasaki 3D concert came out on Blu-ray. :D

[quote name='KirbyLovesTacos']Can this work as a computer monitor if I use a DVI to HDMI adapter? This would be perfect for a monitor.[/QUOTE]

Don't see why not.

I'm one of the people who was waiting for the $200 price point but all the problems I've read with this thing mean I'll pass. i don't care about 3D that much to roll the dice and hope I get a display that lasts longer than the warranty.

I would like this for my PSPgo as it's one of the few displays you can actually get full screen PSP output. Combine that with using a Dualshock on the Go and I have another true console. I hate the weird PSP output on other stuff and zoom seems to make it look really bad.

I am entirely too cheap to pay more than $150 for this, so I'll live without it. Decent deal but tax hurts.

not a bad price, but since i dont really need an extra monitor or anything I'll have to pass, maybe when it hits $150 on black friday and i have a ton of credit left i'll get it for something

If the failure rate wasn't so high, I would jump on it. Its insulting to have to buy an extended warranty (something I haven't done in 3 years once I realized what a rip off they are).

I'm down if it goes to $99; after seeing the high failure rates and how sony doesn't care to accept them...the thing is a display, but has no DVI or VGA inputs... no official remote included so that's an extra $24 if you want a PS remote (which I think some type of remote should have been included instead of an HDMI cable), plus whatever converer cable needed for your computer to send to one of the HDMI ports if you want to use it w/out a console or BR player... According to GS there is low stock of it in about 10 GS around me, so I might buy it at $150, definitely at $99 but $200 is just too much. In my Sam's Club there are a bunch still at $400+.

Once/If it hits $99 people will post saying

"eh, ill wait for $50"

"can I watch tv on it?"

"too small for gaming"

This is like a CAG meme lol

i know this thing has a few drawbacks but $99? go up to best buy and take a look at the low quality monitors and see what if anything you can get for $99. this is 240hz , 3D, includes atleast one game and the glasses. i doubt it's gonna hit $99 any time soon, but if it does... i'll be picking one up!

did they announce any larger screens at E3 as rumored??

bread's done
Back