6/25 ONLY Twisted Metal and 6/26 ONLY Starhawk $30 each at GameStop

Byakurai

CAGiversary!
Feedback
31 (100%)
Both Starhawk and Twisted Metal (PS3 only) will be on sale at GameStop for $29.99 each for different daily sales.

With Starhawk hitting the $30 price point at some Targets, a sale on these two doesn't seem so far fetched. If you can find a launch copy of Twisted Metal (The store I checked didn't have the limited edition), it comes with a free copy of Twisted Metal Black.

6/25 Twisted Metal http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/twisted-metal/78157
6/26 Starhawk http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/starhawk/91062

Update: Sounds like it's a one day sale according to you guys, so I updated accordingly.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Barney']i want that twisted metal.. too bad i dont have a ps3 :([/QUOTE]

What have you been playing then? Lol (sarcasm) While the Xbox 360, and PC have great titles to boot, I've been playing my PS3 a lot. With the announcement of MGS5, I'm totally excited for that one. I don't see the next generation of consoles coming out late next year or the following Spring so you wouldn't have to worry about not getting your money's worth.

I never played a Twisted Metal game until this one, and I loved every second of it. Some of the music is edited though which is weird. :whistle2:k It's definitely worth any price you pay for it.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']What have you been playing then? Lol (sarcasm) While the Xbox 360, and PC have great titles to boot, I've been playing my PS3 a lot. With the announcement of MGS5, I'm totally excited for that one. I don't see the next generation of consoles coming out late next year or the following Spring so you wouldn't have to worry about not getting your money's worth.

I never played a Twisted Metal game until this one, and I loved every second of it. Some of the music is edited though which is weird. :whistle2:k It's definitely worth any price you pay for it.[/QUOTE]
Your missing out bud, Twisted Metal Black was probably the greatest TM ever. (Some would say TM2) but TM Black redefined the series, with a darker more gritty world IMO. Too bad that playing it by todays standards you'd probably think "wtf these controls suck!" but the game was great. I played that game when I was 11 and can fondly remember the intro to "Paint it Black". Good stuff.

I liked the new TM just wish they hadn't changed the campaign/story mode so much like they did in this game.

I just saw the Ad and can confirm Twisted Metal will be $29.99 TOMORROW ONLY

$30 OFF
Twisted Metal

Available only on 06/25/12.

Cannot be combined with any other offer. Offers valid on select consoles. Subject to availability by location. Price subject to change without notice. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer only valid 6/25/12.

Starhawk will also be $29.99 BUT TUESDAY ONLY!

[quote name='CAGALICIOUS']I just saw the Ad and can confirm Twisted Metal will be $29.99 TOMORROW ONLY

$30 OFF
Twisted Metal

Available only on 06/25/12.

Cannot be combined with any other offer. Offers valid on select consoles. Subject to availability by location. Price subject to change without notice. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer only valid 6/25/12.

Starhawk will also be $29.99 BUT TUESDAY ONLY![/QUOTE]

You see anything about the Playstation 3D Display for $199.99?

[quote name='eXiON']Your missing out bud, Twisted Metal Black was probably the greatest TM ever. (Some would say TM2) but TM Black redefined the series, with a darker more gritty world IMO. Too bad that playing it by todays standards you'd probably think "wtf these controls suck!" but the game was great. I played that game when I was 11 and can fondly remember the intro to "Paint it Black". Good stuff.

I liked the new TM just wish they hadn't changed the campaign/story mode so much like they did in this game.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like I did miss out then. I wasn't really into racing games back then so that's why I didn't play them. I was into action games and RPG's like Final Fantasy.

I miss Twisted Metal and like Warhawk, so it looks like I'm going to GS today, tommorow and the next day. Thanks OP!

[quote name='coopscohen']You see anything about the Playstation 3D Display for $199.99?[/QUOTE]
ONLY $199
Sony Playstation 3D Display

06/27/12 - 07/31/12.

Cannot be combined with any other offer. Offers valid on select consoles. Subject to availability by location. Price subject to change without notice. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer valid 6/27/12 - 7/31/12.

[quote name='YBX87']do gamestop give online pass or codes purchasing these two games used / pre-owned?[/QUOTE]

I think it depends - I've heard that they do but I've never got one myself (not sure I've bought used games that use them though).

Warhawk comes with an online pass printed on the receipt. Bought it used last Wed and it was included. Time to return/rebuy:D

[quote name='YBX87']do gamestop give online pass or codes purchasing these two games used / pre-owned?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mugatu']I think it depends - I've heard that they do but I've never got one myself (not sure I've bought used games that use them though).[/QUOTE]

Only for games published by Warner Brothers or Sony.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Only for games published by Warner Brothers or Sony.[/QUOTE]

thanks, then i will wait for it to drop $20 from bestbuy, someday

Thanks for posting this, OP. Managed to pick up a Limited Edition w/ the Twisted Metal Black code!

For those wondering, the code expires February 14th, 2014. So don't worry, the code will still be valid if you pick it up new.

Looks like I'll be picking up Twisted Metal after work. Is StarHawk worth it, anybody have any experience with this game? I know nothing about it but if it's worth 30 I'll grab it too. Will Best Buy Price match these? Would rather purchase from BB and get the reward zone points!

just grabbed twisted metal LE. It was "new," but opened. I hate that they do that. Anyway, it looked good and had the online pass, TM Black code and a skin code for Starhawk (that I am going to pick up tomorrow).

Too bad I paid 40 for Star Hawk Thursday... oh well. I'm definitely picking up Twisted Metal though. I've been needing some PS3 exclusives to get some play time out of my system.

Update: Fuuuuuuuuuu...... it is currently unavailable online. Closest Gamestop to my house is like 35 miles away... not worth the drive to pick it up for 30.

[quote name='uiengineer']just grabbed twisted metal LE. It was "new," but opened. I hate that they do that. Anyway, it looked good and had the online pass, TM Black code and a skin code for Starhawk (that I am going to pick up tomorrow).[/QUOTE]

I got a gutted "new" copy as well. They could have at least kept the codes in the case. Im going to Exchange it for a sealed copy If i can find one.

How does Amazon's price match work? Doesn't a bunch of people have to report the lower price? Can we get a flood of lower price submissions so people like me can order from there?

[quote name='Cbarnes86']How does Amazon's price match work? Doesn't a bunch of people have to report the lower price? Can we get a flood of lower price submissions so people like me can order from there?[/QUOTE]

Not gonna work for a 1-day sale like this.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Sorcery for $30 is on 6/27 only.[/QUOTE]I wouldn't rush out for this $30 is the new MSRP but if the use price drops & you have the $10 off coupon for $15 go for it.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323407

[quote name='haywire69']Are these online only prices?[/QUOTE]doubt it there site usually will state web only.

[quote name='TheOpusFuller']Looks like I'll be picking up Twisted Metal after work. Is StarHawk worth it, anybody have any experience with this game? I know nothing about it but if it's worth 30 I'll grab it too. Will Best Buy Price match these? Would rather purchase from BB and get the reward zone points![/QUOTE]There's other thread w/CAG starhawk players too
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323453

Also, you shouldn't really have problem getting pm's @ BB even w/o ads. Just get the game, goto CS when if there's no line(your gonna need an override anyway) tell them you were going to get them game from them but you researched the price & GS has it cheaper. Tell them you'd "rather give BB the $ since you have a RZ account & are a GC/GCU member"(throw out your silver status if you got it too). Even the most subborn manager will generally just do an "exception". Show them the price on your smartphone, they'll usually look it up on their pc's too.

Now if your store is really strict they may call to confirm stock if you know this maybe an issue don't go to CS goto the registers & look for the one with the longest line, that way after price has been confirmed there's less chance of them calling the store.

[quote name='Cbarnes86']Too bad I paid 40 for Star Hawk Thursday... oh well. I'm definitely picking up Twisted Metal though. I've been needing some PS3 exclusives to get some play time out of my system. [/QUOTE]where'd you get it from? Return/rebuy should still be in play right?

[quote name='Stimes']No non-gutted copy's at my 3 Gamestops, I might have to do a BB PM.[/QUOTE]

Will BB PM Twisted Metal since it is a 1 day sale and it is OOS online?

[quote name='xsdeal']Will BB PM Twisted Metal since it is a 1 day sale and it is OOS online?[/QUOTE]1 day sale part I wouldn't mention that but OOS online could be a hassle since that's the way you wanna match it. In that case have the local GS store's # so they could call to confirm stock.

Worse case scenario(this is pretty much the best way to get any YMMV pm) buy it from your local GS 1st then bring the receipt to BB & have them match the price by showing the receipt. If they ask why don't you get it from there and/or keep the GS copy you purchased already just say "my bro/sis bought there's from GS but I rather shop here b/c I'm a RZ, GC/GCU member, RZ silver member & I get points here." Feedback from other CAG's have stated the "loyality" angle gets the worst stores to make the exceptions.

[quote name='Madrocsz']Almost glad I managed to get both of these on the RLS site last week otherwise I would be spending 60$ instead of 20 lol[/QUOTE]

Hah, lol. I missed out on that Vita memory card. I'm definitely keeping an eye for that. I could never pay more for those games knowing they were available on RLS.

Just got Twisted Metal. I saw a plastic around it when he was putting it in the bag so I assumed it wasn't gutted. When I got home I noticed it was resealed and the disc has tons of fingerprints all over it. It did come with two Starhawk codes and the code for Twisted Metal Black even though the case doesn't say LE.

[quote name='dobedobedo']Just got Twisted Metal. I saw a plastic around it when he was putting it in the bag so I assumed it wasn't gutted. When I got home I noticed it was resealed and the disc has tons of fingerprints all over it. It did come with two Starhawk codes and the code for Twisted Metal Black even though the case doesn't say LE.[/QUOTE]

What store in NYC did you go to?

twisted metal sale is online only according to the website where it lists store and online prices, and it isn't available online

[quote name='strait edge follower']I got a gutted "new" copy as well. They could have at least kept the codes in the case. Im going to Exchange it for a sealed copy If i can find one.[/QUOTE]
what was in there? just the game?

got a non-opened (to my surprise) LE Twisted Metal at my local GS today...thanks again OP for the headsup here. :)

[quote name='Barry Burton']twisted metal sale is online only according to the website where it lists store and online prices, and it isn't available online[/QUOTE]

i just got it in store for this price. for anyone who purchased the limited edition, is there supposed to be a slip with the TM: Black code? as my 'new' copy didn't come with any slip.

[quote name='uiengineer']what was in there? just the game?[/QUOTE]

The game and manual were there but the fucking codes were gutted out. I tried finding a sealed copy but the gamestops in my area are out of them. I hope this isnt the case for starhawk tommorow.

[quote name='cody cmon']i just got it in store for this price. \.[/QUOTE]

i clicked on in store pickup for all of my local gamestops, they all say that in store price is $59.99, online is $29.99

i just called, it is $29.99 but only after he scanned it, the website is wrong

bread's done
Back