Newegg $12 off preorders (The Last Story, Mugen Souls, Dragon's Crown) EXP 7/1

Gosha

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Got an email about this..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...isNodeId=1&Description=Preorderpromo+&x=0&y=0

Basically preorder any game on that list and use BTENDHE54 to get $12 off the preorder. You have to get an email with this code for it to be active on your account though.

If this has been posted already, let me know and I'll lock the thread, otherwise this is a great deal for Last Story and Dragon's Crown.

EDIT**** If the link is broken, just search Preorderpromo to find all the items that are part of the promotion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I received the same email but wasn't sure if it had been posted yet.

I agree on The Last Story being a good deal; another potentially good one is Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance :)ps3:) for $44.99 after the promo. Also of note is the RE6 Anthology :)ps3:) for $77.99 after the promo.

Unfortunately, my credit card expires next month, so I sent a question to Newegg's CS asking if I can place the preorder now and switch the card used for the order later, before anything ships.

You're correct about getting the discount if you only got the email. Getting this error when I tried to pre-order The Last Story:
Your email address is not valid for redemption of promo code BTENDHE54

Link doesn't work for me, and I didn't get a similar e-mail even though I usually get all of their e-mails. I also tried to pre-order Ni No Kuni and used the code you listed, but that didn't work either.

[quote name='BNoyes']Link doesn't work for me, and I didn't get a similar e-mail even though I usually get all of their e-mails. I also tried to pre-order Ni No Kuni and used the code you listed, but that didn't work either.[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping to get the email as well but I think they're just sent out in waves. I usually get Newegg emails hours later after others post deals with them.

[quote name='Zaku77']All copies of the last story will have the artbook, yeah?[/QUOTE]As I recall, it's all first-run copies, so if you preorder anywhere, you should get it.

All I'm getting is this:

Thank you for visiting Newegg.com. We are truly sorry for any inconvenience but we are currently experiencing problems on our servers. Please try again at a later time.
If you have any questions, please visit our FAQs or simply contact us and our helpful staff will alleviate any concerns you may have.

...when I click on the link. Anyone else having this problem?

Yeah, I'm trying to edit the link, but it seems to keep reverting back to a broken link. You can search "Preorderpromo" too if the link isn't working.

I got this too. There are 91 ps3 games, 30 pc, and 12 wii. No 360 strangely. Honestly, the best deal there is the last story anyway. Much as I like pc games they drop like rocks and half of them will be a steam works anyway. Some of the ps3 games may be worth it, but the last story for mid 30s sounds great to me.

[quote name='DarkZero104']I got this too. There are 91 ps3 games, 30 pc, and 12 wii. No 360 strangely. Honestly, the best deal there is the last story anyway. Much as I like pc games they drop like rocks and half of them will be a steam works anyway. Some of the ps3 games may be worth it, but the last story for mid 30s sounds great to me.[/QUOTE]

I thought this was wierd too, considering the stock picture in my email showed far cry on 360 next to the promo code. Regardless, the code let me get all the way to the last step in checkout with 12 dollars off borderlands 2. 47.99.

Pre-ordered Last Story, Borderlands 2 (PC), MGS Rising and DoA 5. Thanks OP for posting because I usually forget to check my email for these types of things. :D

:ps3: The Last of Us
:ps3: Beyond: Two Souls
:ps3: Grand Theft Auto V
:ps3: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
:ps3: Epic Mickey 2
:ps3: Sleeping Dogs
:ps3: Darksiders II
:ps3: Need For Speed: Most Wanted 2
:ps3: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
:ps3: Dead or Alive 5
:ps3: Record of Agarest War 2
:ps3: Metro: Last Light
:ps3: Aliens: Colonial Marines Collector's Edition
:ps3: Resident Evil 6 Anthology
:ps3: Dead Space 3
:ps3: Persona 4 Arena

Was this code one time use

Edit: Yeah, it was. I fucked up and ordered too soon. I'm calling them now to try and fix it.

Talked to a rep, they said it can only be used by those who received the email and its based on purchase history. I guess all the games I buy are the wrong types for this deal :/

Just checked my email:

As a small token of our thanks for your recent purchase of a Child of Eden Playstation3 Game UBISOFT, here are some bonus coupon codes that should help you save a few dollars as you finish your shopping!

**PROMO CODES ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE and may only be redeemed using the Newegg account attached to this e-mail address. Items sold by Newegg Marketplace sellers do not qualify.

They fixed it. I got:

Sly 4
Persona 4 Arena
Street Fighter 25th Collection (w00t)
Last Story

All for $272, which is great considering that Street Fighter would normally have been $150 of that all on its own. lol

[quote name='Zaku77']They fixed it. I got:

Sly 4
Persona 4 Arena
Street Fighter 25th Collection (w00t)
Last Story

All for $272, which is great considering that Street Fighter would normally have been $150 of that all on its own. lol[/QUOTE]

Can you check to see if there's an authorization hold on your card?

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Damn, I would of used this for Ni No Kuni because my luck, fuckers wont have a deal on that. Just like the other JRPG games that come out.[/QUOTE]

That's weird, it always seemed to me like Newegg was the ONLY place that actually discounted random JRPG's at release.

Ordered a couple copies of Last Story for myself and a friend, thanks for the heads up OP it's possible I would have not noticed the email.

There had better not be. I don't have that much on there right now! lol

(Nope, there isn't. There hasn't been for anything I've pre-ordered from them as far as I know.)

Blaahh It wont let me in on the deal either, bullcrap

ive spent at least 5 grand on my newegg account

I think I deleted the email, but It seems like it'll work for me. Unfortunately it doesn't work on Vita preorders. That's the system I wanted Dragon's Crown on. I may order Persona 4 Arena.

i went with :

The Last Story
Persona 4 Arena
Mugens Souls
No Ni Kuni

I think the idea here is to try and pick quirky games that newegg wouldn't normally do a weekend deal for a preorder discount a month ahead of time. I hope I chose wisely.

This is crap! Why don't I qualify? I've purchased console games from NewEgg in the past, not to mention PC hardware! Just typical NewEgg BS I guess.

My e-mail is not qualified, don't get why. I ordered quite a few games from here. There are a ton of games I want, but I don't know if I'd pre-order games so far away from release date. I hope they do these promos again closer to release date and the promo codes available to everyone.

I wonder if Newegg has eyes on this board like it 'seems' some other stores do.

It would be smart to have a game list/survey on their site for people to fill out with games that interest them. Types of games, etc.

I can't imagine how many people have no interest in those games, yet got the email. I got it and won't use it.

Anyone know when Last Story is going to actually release? Newegg has it 7/10, amazon and gamestop on July 31..

BTW.. I preoredered with the code and didnt get the email.. Dont hate on me.

The Last Story pre-order at Amazon includes the art book & Special Custom Case. Newegg pre-order come with extra like amazon ???

bread's done
Back