Howard Stern conversation about his treatment of handicapped people

metalmat

CAGiversary!
I figured I would bring this up as Cheapy is a Howard Stern fan.

I was listening to the Dino Costa show on Sirius Mad Dog Radio tonight and one of the callers, I believe his name was Mario, called in and Howard Stern came up in the conversation.

What came up was the fact that Howard Stern often goofs on handicapped people like Wendy the Retard and Gary the Retard for the show and Mario thought that Stern was a scumbag for doing this.

The people that called in to defend Howard said that he in fact does take care of the people, like send them money and what not and that they are living a better life because of Howard Stern, although multiple people said that these people are "too dumb" to realize that they are getting made fun of.

On the flip side, people opposed to Howard said that he is basically just using the fact that he supports them as an excuse to get away with making fun of handicapped people and is taking cheap shots for ratings.

Wondering what you guys think. Personally I don't really find many of the wack pack bits funny, outside of Eric the Midget. Since Artie Lang leaving I think the show has been sliding downhill, but Richard & Sal rule!

Howard who? He hasn't been relevant since the late '90s. Don't try to say him being a "judge" on some dumbass contest show makes him relevant either, because the only reason he was hired was for a ratings grab which didn't happen, just proving my point even more. Political talk radio is more entertaining that the Stern show has been in over a decade, and that is just sad.

[quote name='Spyder187']Howard who? He hasn't been relevant since the late '90s. Don't try to say him being a "judge" on some dumbass contest show makes him relevant either, because the only reason he was hired was for a ratings grab which didn't happen, just proving my point even more. Political talk radio is more entertaining that the Stern show has been in over a decade, and that is just sad.[/QUOTE]

Saying he has not been relevant is just wrong. He is pretty much the soul reason why Sirius XM is still around.

The show does not reach out to whack packers to cajole them to be on the show. They stumble across them or the whack packers come to them.

For example, Wendy the Retard calls into talk radio shows around the country, not just the Howard Stern Show. I've heard it myself and verified it was not a soundboard. They found Crackhead bob in line to buy Howard's book. Eric the Actor was a caller who called in to talk about American Idol. Many of these personalities get angry when they do call in and do not get through.

If Wendy doesn't call in, she will never be heard from again. If Eric actually quits the show, no more Eric.

As far as making fun of retards and other strange people, everybody on the show gets made fun of. To treat whack packers any different is to dehumanize them.

But the fact is, whack packers have been treated like royalty at special events. During Howard's last show on WXRK, the event organizers were instructed to treat the whack packers as if they were a celebrity like Brad Pitt.

[quote name='metalmat']Saying he has not been relevant is just wrong. He is pretty much the soul reason why Sirius XM is still around struggling due to his rediculous contract demands.[/QUOTE]
Fixed that for ya.

I dont really have a problem with what they do with someone like Wendy who is much happier be apart of the show.

The better question would be of someone like Hank the Angry Drunken Dwarf who didnt have low intelligence but was killing himself with his drinking.

Or what about Artie? They essentially made a bit out of him being on drugs. Nobody there could claim they didnt know.

[quote name='Spyder187']Howard who? He hasn't been relevant since the late '90s. Don't try to say him being a "judge" on some dumbass contest show makes him relevant either, because the only reason he was hired was for a ratings grab which didn't happen, just proving my point even more. Political talk radio is more entertaining that the Stern show has been in over a decade, and that is just sad.[/QUOTE]

Ha, it's so funny when people say he's not relevant anymore. At least once a week some talk show plays clips of Howard interviewing a celebrity and anytime a celebrity goes on a different talk show after they've been on Howard they always bring it up. He's also on the top rated weekly show on tv and he saved Sirius, to say they're struggling now compared to before he went there is just foolish. Or are you saying he's not relevant because he's not on free terrestrial radio or because you hate him? Go back to listening to Rush Limbaugh.

On topic, I don't have a problem with it at all, everyone loves Wendy and Gary. His show gives me them more than anyone could ever give them.

[quote name='yankeessuck']
The better question would be of someone like Hank the Angry Drunken Dwarf who didnt have low intelligence but was killing himself with his drinking.[/quote]Doug Goodstein was instrumental in trying to get Hank the help he needed. It just didn't work.

Or what about Artie? They essentially made a bit out of him being on drugs. Nobody there could claim they didnt know.
Artie is a competent adult and his problems started and yielded major consequences years before he was ever on the show. He swung at a cop and got kicked off television long before Norm MacDonald ever brought him into the Stern Show.

Before they left for vacation, Tim Sabean told Artie not to come back until he was better.

"The last time I was here, the date was December 9, 2009," said Lange. "I left a week early [for holiday break]. Tim Sabean…the great man over there, said to me: ‘You shouldn’t come back until you’re better’. Cause, my last day I was really f**ked up. I was spilling water on Benjy, and we can’t have that…So, they said: ‘You gotta go to rehab’. That was the first time they ever sort of put their foot down with that...And I was just out of my mind, so I went away and I didn’t come back. A lot of trouble happened after that.”
http://www.examiner.com/article/art...e-you-shouldn-t-come-back-until-you-re-better

[quote name='Spokker']
Artie is a competent adult and his problems started and yielded major consequences years before he was ever on the show. He swung at a cop and got kicked off television long before Norm MacDonald ever brought him into the Stern Show.

Before they left for vacation, Tim Sabean told Artie not to come back until he was better.

http://www.examiner.com/article/art...e-you-shouldn-t-come-back-until-you-re-better[/QUOTE]

I never said the show caused his problems but it was clear he was on drugs long before he left the show so why would Howard make a bit out of it especially since hes his "bro"?

Your post proves how big of a dumbass you are.

He hasn't been relevant since the 90's? He had the number one rated show on radio in every market he was on in until he left... In 2005.

He went to Sirius, a company that had 600,000 subscribers at the time, and he saved them from non-existence, and they merged with a company that was CRUSHING them numbers wise, yet Sirius was the company who gained control.

And America's Got Talent hired him as a ratings grab that 'didn't work'? It was the number one summer show before they had him, it continues to be number one and they hired him because he's GOOD.

I doubt you've watched the show, he's brilliant on it.

Obviously you just don't like the guy.

As for the original topic, he doesn't make much fun of them as make them come across as funny, and he has done a whole lot for all of his whackpackers. Some people still won't like it, but it's not malicious.

[quote name='DestroVega']
He hasn't been relevant since the 90's? He had the number one rated show on radio in every market he was on in until he left... In 2005.
[/QUOTE]
Well, not really. The number one show overall in Southern California was either a Spanish station or conservative talk. It was similar for other markets. Howard was always number 1 or close to it in certain demographics, men in their middle ages.

If we are to take radio stations at face value, then there were 6-8 #1 stations at a time, and that's just silly.

[quote name='Spyder187']Political talk radio is more entertaining that the Stern show has been in over a decade, and that is just sad.[/QUOTE]

So you must listen to his show to know that it isn't entertaining?

Or could it be.....that......other.....people......have........different.....opinions!!!!!

If the handicapped person who is involved isn't offended then what does it matter what anyone else thinks.... I couldn't agree more with your comment about the show losing steam since Artie left. I've listened to HS for almost 20 years but recently I find the show almost unbearable. Most of the show revolves around him talking about the talent show, which I have zero interest in. He use to be the best interviewer out there but now he is just like everyone else. He may have lightened up because he knows he is going to need a career change when his Sirus contract runs out. I can't see them resigning him since he tried to sue them and badmouthed them for over a year before the judge threw out his claim. I wish he would have ended on a high note but nobody ever does.

Life is one big cosmic joke and everything in it is fair game to jape at. From retards to ugly people even
death, where you prompty shit yourself upon expiring. Its all pretty funny stuff.

People take this kind of stuff so seriously. Your never getting out of here alive, so what does it matter.
"Its all a show with people laughin as they go, but remember the last laugh is on you"

bread's done
Back