Portal 2 Turret - Releasing Q4 $299.99

From gamingheads, responsible for most of the Valve merch from games like Team Fortress and Half Life. There are 2 versions.

Silent, $299.99 limited to 750 https://www.gamingheads.com/index.php?option=com_myphp&Itemid=3&product=100
Talking, $324.99 limited to 350 https://www.gamingheads.com/index.php?option=com_myphp&Itemid=3&product=101

No solid release date other than Q4, but they do not charge until shipping and offer a pretty good payment plan option.

Not a deal per se but after the portal gun resale values, these are likely to go fast.

Last edited by a moderator:
$324.99. dayum, but I must say that looks badass. Too bad I don't have room for another toy, especially at this price point.. But only 350? Geez, these will sell out before the day ends lol.

Damn, hefty price for a toy but I must say that looks pretty cool.

From the pics it looks pretty sturdy but I wonder if it has that same cheapass feeling that the NECA guns had though.

thx OP, didn't know about these figures till you mentioned it. but yeah shipping really kills this, even if it's a LE.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']My thoughts exactly...[/QUOTE]

with only 350 produced it's not that outrageous. I've seen statues with a much higher print run (500 - 1000) go for more then twice what this is priced at.

Not sure about the company making this but if they're respected these will sell out in no time

If this was three or four feet tall, absolutely.. but $300/$325 for 16"? There's about a $200 markup on that price. It should be $100/$125.

I love Portal as much as the next guy but $300 dollars is a lot of money, I wonder how many people will end up buying these just resell them for ridiculous prices on ebay

[quote name='ijustw1n']I'd get 2 if they were 4 foot tall and place them as lawn ornaments.[/QUOTE]

if you did that, I bet they would get stolen within hours lol

[quote name='ijustw1n']I'd get 2 if they were 4 foot tall and place them as lawn ornaments.[/QUOTE]

I'd be careful about that. Someone stoled my trashcan last week on trash day. lol

[quote name='Scorch']If this was three or four feet tall, absolutely.. but $300/$325 for 16"? There's about a $200 markup on that price. It should be $100/$125.[/QUOTE]

If they didn't make money on it, why would they bother making it?

16" honestly they should know better, even 24" is a bit better. Agreed way overpriced considering how much this actually costs to make

Gaming Heads does great work. I've got their Heavy and Tank on my desk right now, and the Soldier's in the mail this week. Quality's top notch and I've yet to regret a penny spent on their products.

That said, they are pricey, but with collectibles like this it's a price tag you tend to get used to.

Thanks OP--I got the talking edition one. Looks too awesome not to pick up. If it isn't, I'm sure at the very least I can recoup the cost of it on the second-hand market based on the limited nature of the item. Cheers!

[quote name='billymagnum']maybe if it wasnt so small. i mean, only 16" including the base and antenna? lame. way too much.:roll:[/QUOTE]

16 inches is pretty huge. I would kill to have 16 inches.

What were we talking about again?

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']16 inches is pretty huge. I would kill to have 16 inches.

What were we talking about again?[/QUOTE]

You can date a black guy. Zing!

Talking model is sold out. Although I am not sure if it was just their first batch, which they mention in the description. Maybe they only put up a few dozen.

Generally with these guys, sold out means sold out. It is likely they'll have a second chance period though, pending cancellations. They did that for the Heavies.

I just talked to someone from gamingheads. Current estimated shipping is early November and they will send an e-mail 5 days before any charges post

[quote name='snakeinthegrass']I just talked to someone from gamingheads. Current estimated shipping is early November and they will send an e-mail 5 days before any charges post[/QUOTE]

I hope you're right, but so far they've delayed literally every product they've put out. Just something to keep in mind.

I'm still holding out for one of the 'defective' talking turrets, either of the plush or realistic variety though I'd have trouble justifying such an expensive purchase.

Will pass this on to some Portal-obsessed friends. Thanks OP.

Anyone hear any new information on this? I had completely forgot that I placed an order for the exclusive version (limited to 350).

~ $360 shipped is pretty pricey. I was wondering what others were doing---anyone keeping their order? Do we know when this will actually be released?

[quote name='LLeopardGGecko']Cancelled my order yesterday. Got tired of checking back to see that it (yet again) had not been released.[/QUOTE]

I contacted them regarding the release date and this is the response I got:

Hi [GBAstar]

Thank you for your email. The Turret Exclusive figure will be released around next January to February time.
Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,

Customer service
Gamingheads.com

^I'm going to hold for a little and see if more is released in regards to the quality.

I've got three statues from these guys and they're great, but for some reason I'm not very stoked about the Portal Turret. Probably gonna cancel my order; just keep prioritizing the TF2 line.

[quote name='retrad']unless it shoots real bullets at anyone crossing the red beam of light then I have to say HELL NO.[/QUOTE]

Well it's a little late (by months) even if you wanted to say "HELL YEAH"

It is really expensive but comparatively speaking so wasn't the NECA Portal Gun and those were produced in the thousands (5,000) and these have just a few hundred being made.

bread's done
Back