Lollipop Chainsaw 39.99 fs Newegg

starscream615

CAGiversary!
Good game.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874330037&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL062612&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL062612-_-EMC-062612-Index-_-Xbox360Games-_-74330037-L021B

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879333055&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL062612&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL062612-_-EMC-062612-Index-_-PS3Games-_-79333055-L021A

Sorry for the long links, posting from my phone.

Not worth more than $20 imo, bought it used from gamestop finished within 3 days. Of course I took it back!

There's only 5 stages excluding the prologue. Sure the soundtrack and costumes are great but I didn't see myself replaying it...

See no more heroes and Shadows of the damned if you enjoyed this title

I just saw this in my e-mail but you beat me too it. Nice price for those interested in buying new and supporting the developer.

sounds good to me. i bought heavenly sword on release day for 60, finished it in 6 hrs and have kept it to this day because i liked it so much, even though i haven't played it since. multiple skin options gives this more than enough replayability for me.

Thanks op. Great price but I'd rather get it at BB. Hopefully they have it for the same price soon.

if u consider i got scv and ssx for 20 from bb,
then
lollipop (40) + scv (10)+ ssx (10) = $60,
$60/3 games= $20 each

cag math :lol:, lol thats how my mind works when i need to justify spending.

[quote name='CaoPi']Not worth more than $20 imo, bought it used from gamestop finished within 3 days. Of course I took it back!

[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Vap']Thanks op. Great price but I'd rather get it at BB. Hopefully they have it for the same price soon.[/QUOTE]

On the same boat as you. Got a $20 reward certificate waiting to be used.

This game is real random, open out there, and you def. need a sense of humor to enjoy this. Seems like everyone and their mothers have sticks and brooms up their asses when they played this game.

40 is great but like others said, it's a real short game. Got it used at Gamestop the other day, I'm enjoying it so far. Take your time with it and enjoy it. I def. recommend it if you want something DIFFERENT but the gameplay isn't amazing or anything. I mainly love the story, characters, and the randomness it brings.

As much as I want to play this game, can't justify $40 for such a short game. But I will definitely buy it at $25 or less.

I'll bite at $10 or less. It was fun, but I beat it in a rental. Not even a full term rental, either, I think I beat it in four or five hours.

Pretty fun game. I don't regret it paying $45 for the game. Too bad from the looks of it there won't be any dlc for the pre-order costume since I want that Ash costume. From my recording records, took me about 6 hours to finish. I have no idea where people are getting 4 hours to play this game.

[quote name='lupe guillotine']Pretty fun game. I don't regret it paying $45 for the game. Too bad from the looks of it there won't be any dlc for the pre-order costume since I want that Ash costume. From my recording records, took me about 6 hours to finish. I have no idea where people are getting 4 hours to play this game.[/QUOTE]

Unlike my work schedule, some people here can play video games more than 2 hours a day. Since I hear it's short, I would have to agree and wait for the $20 mark.

[quote name='vlv723']Unlike my work schedule, some people here can play video games more than 2 hours a day. Since I hear it's short, I would have to agree and wait for the $20 mark.[/QUOTE]

Or like some people here "I won't buy it till it's $20 so I can throw in my backlog"

and Yes, I am one of those people.

[quote name='starscream615']I paid $45 for this game and don't regret it at all.[/QUOTE]
I don't either.
Fantastic game. Pretty good, just like most Suda/Grasshopper games.

[quote name='starscream615']I paid $45 for this game and don't regret it at all.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='EYEL1NER']I don't either.
Fantastic game. Pretty good, just like most Suda/Grasshopper games.[/QUOTE]
I agree, I paid 45 for it too and honestly got my monies worth after the first stage. I was laughing so hard at a few lines of the dialog too. I like the idea of more score attack type games as well. The art style is great, voice acting is great, combat system is great, soundtrack is great. The game is just all around a good buy, I love it. I can see myself replaying this more than Devil May Cry honestly, just because of the score attack style of the game.

That's not to say it's perfect though, it does have a few rough edges. The game starts really slow and you feel really restricted in the combat until you purchase a lot of the extended combos from the store. Once you get your extended combos all figured out and get a grasp on the combat system and what attacks can be chained with others or jump canceled then the combat really starts to flow fast.

I would have paid 60 for this and not regretted it, it's just that good to me. Not enough games like this either, so I really wanted to support it and hope it gets a sequel someday too.

I don't even like hack-and-slash/beat-em-ups for the most part, but I thought the game was a blast, played it like crazy for a week or so (and I will probably go back to it at some point), and laughed out loud a bunch of times.

It's a little short (maybe 6-7 hours first playthrough), but it does have a lot of replay value if you like it. There are a few different modes/goals that make it worth replaying (there's a separate online ranking mode where you can go for 3 different types of goals for each level...as well as a fake "high score" list in the single player campaign where you get unlockables...and trophies/achievements...for getting the high score)...and there are tons of unlockables (like costumes) that will take a lot of playing to earn enough coins to buy. Totally worth the $45 I paid for it.

Got it for PS3 at launch. It killed my launch fatty PS3 (YLOD) while playing. Ok, it didn't... the PS3 was about to die anyway. ;) I need to find a cheaper copy for my 360. Can't justify paying for the game twice at high prices. The game is pretty good. It's a goofy hack n slash game, so you gotta appreciate the goofiness and humor to like it. I played a lot of hack n slash games and I enjoyed this one even though the combat is a bit slow and easy for my taste... which are Ninja Gaiden series and Bayonetta. Even Castlevania Lord of Shawdows and Dante's Inferno got my attention, but not God of War series. :p

Maybe I should give this another chance. I got this for PS3 on release, opened it up pop it in once and the screen tearing or whatever it's called on the opening movie turned me off so much I only played actual combat for maybe 15 minutes. Haven't touched it since. It just irks me so and I don't want to put it back in. Dam OCD won't let me enjoy anything else about it, which I'm sure is there.

[quote name='solidus_00']Maybe I should give this another chance. I got this for PS3 on release, opened it up pop it in once and the screen tearing or whatever it's called on the opening movie turned me off so much I only played actual combat for maybe 15 minutes. Haven't touched it since. [/QUOTE]

Yeah, the PS3 version has more screen tearing but it's only during the cinemas. During game, I didn't see much. If screen tearing really annoys you, you probably better off with the 360 version as that has pretty much none. On multiplatform Unreal engine games, 360 is 90% the less graphically flawed one.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']Yeah, the PS3 version has more screen tearing but it's only during the cinemas. During game, I didn't see much. If screen tearing really annoys you, you probably better off with the 360 version as that has pretty much none. On multiplatform Unreal engine games, 360 is 90% the less graphically flawed one.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I didn't notice any during actual gameplay either, but it still annoys the hell out of me. Sad part is I had a preorder on both platforms but ended up going with the PS3 since the majority said Shadows of the Damn was slightly better on the PS3.

This game is Campy goodness. Her younger sister is a wacko and I though the funniest character. I did not quite get the dram thing with the mother at end with the very last scene. I should probably Google that or pay more attention.

[quote name='CaoPi']anyone here who pays > $20 for this game is not a true CAG[/QUOTE]
While in most cases I would somewhat agree with you, sort of... I have to disagree in this case.

If everyone waited to pay under $20 for games, we wouldn't ever get any good games anymore. Small companies who make good games just wouldn't exist. Developers need to be supported to produce content after all.

A lot of good games go completely unsupported and unnoticed because people wait for price drops. Everyone waiting on price drops gives a false illusion to the company who made it that the game was bad or they had bad marketing strategies. When in reality they had a good game and good marketing, but everyone was too cheap to buy the game that they knew was worth it.

While I do like to buy games at discounts and get good deals, which is what this forum is all about. I do sometimes buy games at retail prices when I want to support the franchise or just make sure a developer gets the money I think they deserve for a game that I enjoyed.

[quote name='CaoPi']anyone here who pays > $20 for this game is not a true CAG[/QUOTE]

I care not for your "rules".

I paid 45 dollars (using credit) for it and I enjoyed it, that's all that fucking matters.

[quote name='Hakudoshi']While in most cases I would somewhat agree with you, sort of... I have to disagree in this case.

If everyone waited to pay under $20 for games, we wouldn't ever get any good games anymore. Small companies who make good games just wouldn't exist. Developers need to be supported to produce content after all.

A lot of good games go completely unsupported and unnoticed because people wait for price drops. Everyone waiting on price drops gives a false illusion to the company who made it that the game was bad or they had bad marketing strategies. When in reality they had a good game and good marketing, but everyone was too cheap to buy the game that they knew was worth it.

While I do like to buy games at discounts and get good deals, which is what this forum is all about. I do sometimes buy games at retail prices when I want to support the franchise or just make sure a developer gets the money I think they deserve for a game that I enjoyed.[/QUOTE]

+1

Couldn't resist -- this one was on my radar for so long. A fan of Suda51. Picked it up at launch @ TRU and loved it! Reminded me a lot of God Hand (in its ridiculousness and wacky combat, and yes, I loved God Hand -- one of my favorite games).

The combat elements are admittedly a tad shallow but Gunn's writing is spot-on at times. I mean, Nick's lines are off the wall and Juliet is in a class of her own. While the game plays up the sex appeal, it does it in a way that is remarkably unlike what you might expect. It's far less in-your-face and the game earns greater credit for doing so.

Easily among the most enjoyable games I've played over the past few years.

And while I understand those who will complain about the length of the game relative to the cost, I have to disagree about LC being short. Any longer and I think the developers knew Juliet would overstay her welcome. The 7-9 hours is a tightly packed gaming experience. IMHO, LC is a great game that deserves your gaming dollars.

While it's unlikely, it would be awesome for Suda51 and Gunn to get another crack at Juliet and her world. Still, even if that doesn't happen, I'm glad the WB supported the game as it did. LC is one of the better new IPs this generation.

[quote name='romeogbs19']Couldn't resist -- this one was on my radar for so long. A fan of Suda51. Picked it up at launch @ TRU and loved it! Reminded me a lot of God Hand (in its ridiculousness and wacky combat, and yes, I loved God Hand -- one of my favorite games).

The combat elements are admittedly a tad shallow but Gunn's writing is spot-on at times. I mean, Nick's lines are off the wall and Juliet is in a class of her own. While the game plays up the sex appeal, it does it in a way that is remarkably unlike what you might expect. It's far less in-your-face and the game earns greater credit for doing so.

Easily among the most enjoyable games I've played over the past few years.[/QUOTE]

This game has nothing on god hand, the length and depth of moves you can do in this game compares in no way

It was nice seeing the high school of the dead costumes and all... I didn't see myself replaying it with that huge backlog. My 1st run was with hard mode btw, the difficulty just doesn't compare to other action games out there. Some to name (Bayonetta, Ninja Gaiden Black, NG Sigma, Dynasty Warriors 7, DW Gundam 3)

Short story don't buy this game now if you got that backlog! Because you know it's only going to drop even more! After racking up games from bestbuy deals of the day and Amazon deals, who doesn't have a backlog?

Just reminded myself I need to start playing Red dead GOTY, and ICO HD collection which I picked up from Amazon for $20 both each recently...

:rofl:

Here's one from IGN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGsn_KATnGk

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CaoPi']

Short story don't buy this game now if you got that backlog! Because you know it's only going to drop even more! After racking up games from bestbuy deals of the day and Amazon deals, who doesn't have a backlog?

[/QUOTE]

I don't. I used to be like you and a lot of CAGs with large backlog, buying everything that's cheap. After playing through those game,I felt I wasted a lot of time playing average to crappy games that just weren't fun. Some even felt like chores like a lot of repetitive shooters that are more alike than different. Now I just buy games I enjoy and have fun getting better at them like the good old days.

[quote name='CaoPi']This game has nothing on god hand, the length and depth of moves you can do in this game compares in no way

It was nice seeing the high school of the dead costumes and all... I didn't see myself replaying it with that huge backlog. My 1st run was with hard mode btw, the difficulty just doesn't compare to other action games out there. Some to name (Bayonetta, Ninja Gaiden Black, NG Sigma, Dynasty Warriors 7, DW Gundam 3)

Just reminded myself I need to start playing Red dead GOTY, and ICO HD collection which I picked up from Amazon for $20 both each recently...

:rofl:

Here's one from IGN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGsn_KATnGk[/QUOTE]

Are you serious ign? Complaining about a character that's a blonde teenage cheerleader in high school being to stupid and annoying? Wtf kind of personality were they expecting her to have? That has to be ond of the most stupid video review comments I've ever seen.

[quote name='Vap']Are you serious ign? Complaining about a character that's a blonde teenage cheerleader in high school being to stupid and annoying? Wtf kind of personality were they expecting her to have? That has to be ond of the most stupid video review comments I've ever seen.[/QUOTE]

it's IGN dude, so much seriousness

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']I don't. I used to be like you and a lot of CAGs with large backlog, buying everything that's cheap. After playing through those game,I felt I wasted a lot of time playing average to crappy games that just weren't fun. Some even felt like chores like a lot of repetitive shooters that are more alike than different. Now I just buy games I enjoy and have fun getting better at them like the good old days.[/QUOTE]

Lollipop Chainsaw is repetitive along with no more heroes and Shadows of the damned. If you think rdr, ICO/SOTC, SH downpour are average to crappy games you must have no tastes....Also there are better games out there with killing zombies like dead island and Dead Rising 2.

CaoPi did mention he was going to play those games, not to flip them!

But Yeah I gotta agree with others here, just wait for this game to drop more!

PS If your playing this game for the hot chick you really need to get some....

;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eKccPNLfaU

Last edited by a moderator:
So, in summary:
"I love this game. It was a blast and was hilarious. I don't regret buying it on release day at $45-60"
"This game sucks. It's short. Seriously, I wouldn't spend $20 on it."
"There's replay value and I feel I've gotten my money's worth."
"You're not part of my cool club 'cause you spent over $20 on a game."
"I don't mind spending over $20 to support small developers who put out original content."
"Dude, everything they've done sucks."
"No it doesn't."
"Dude, this game's not nearly as good as Devil May Cry."
"Uhhmm...ya, it's not supposed to be. It's kind of campy and tongue-in-cheek. That's the point."
"You have no taste. Seriously people, don't buy this game!"
"YOU have no taste. Seriously people, check it out. It's a great game!"

Did I miss anything? So, I think it's completely obvious what anyone who's still on the fence should do :D

Big fan of the game. Played through it the first time. I've played through like 40% of it on a second play through and also randomly did lie 25% on very hard. I like the story, humor, style, etc, but the actual gameplay didn't start picking up until probably half way or so through the first play through. (I was stupid and saved up for like the one big attack that costs 750 instead of buying the smaller ones). The earning the points to get a high score seem pretty fun so far. I see myself finishing off the rest of the game on a 2nd play through and then do a few more of the other random things to get some of the cheevos. Maybe I am a bad judge of games sometimes. My favorite games of the last few years include the likes of Deadly Premonition, Nier, Catherine and this. There are more of course, but these are games that got mixed reviews or worse.

[quote name='Dokstarr']Big fan of the game. Played through it the first time. I've played through like 40% of it on a second play through and also randomly did lie 25% on very hard. I like the story, humor, style, etc, but the actual gameplay didn't start picking up until probably half way or so through the first play through. (I was stupid and saved up for like the one big attack that costs 750 instead of buying the smaller ones). The earning the points to get a high score seem pretty fun so far. I see myself finishing off the rest of the game on a 2nd play through and then do a few more of the other random things to get some of the cheevos. Maybe I am a bad judge of games sometimes. My favorite games of the last few years include the likes of Deadly Premonition, Nier, Catherine and this. There are more of course, but these are games that got mixed reviews or worse.[/QUOTE]

Bravo sir, well done. Love those three. :applause:

Looking at the the game and sudden price drop for sales, this game will be just like those others that hit the $20 mark. Very few games stay above $20 after time, like Forza 4 and Lost Odyssey.

[quote name='Dokstarr']Big fan of the game. Played through it the first time. I've played through like 40% of it on a second play through and also randomly did lie 25% on very hard. I like the story, humor, style, etc, but the actual gameplay didn't start picking up until probably half way or so through the first play through. (I was stupid and saved up for like the one big attack that costs 750 instead of buying the smaller ones). The earning the points to get a high score seem pretty fun so far. I see myself finishing off the rest of the game on a 2nd play through and then do a few more of the other random things to get some of the cheevos. Maybe I am a bad judge of games sometimes. My favorite games of the last few years include the likes of Deadly Premonition, Nier, Catherine and this. There are more of course, but these are games that got mixed reviews or worse.[/QUOTE]

The thing is that gaming is subjective. Everyone's going to have a different experience with a game. Some people are going to love it, some people are going to hate it. Some people can overlook flaws other people can't. A lot of people add to the bias by trashing a game they've never even tried based on hearsay or a youtube clip.

I, too, often find myself disagreeing with reviews and really enjoying games most other gamers seem to trash. But who cares what other people say *shrug* If you get something out of a game that other players don't, it's your gain.

bread's done
Back