NCAA Football 12 $9.99 PS3/Xbox 360 Best Buy

[quote name='DuffHomer']people still play sport titles?[/QUOTE]

Umm.. yes to your asinine question? And they still sell TONS of copies.

Though I did ask the same question about JRPG's the other day.

Thanks for posting OP. I have NCAA 13 pre-ordered for $45 at Amazon so now I have to decide if the new rosters/features are worth the cost.

Online dynasty with friends makes this the most addicting online game I have ever played. We have probably played a hundred seasons or more, since they first introduced online dynasty a few years ago. Love it.

Does anyone know off-hand what the difference between NCAA '12 and '13 will be? If there really isn't any major differences, I'll pick up '12 instead of throwing down $45 for basically the same game. Thanks for the heads up, OP.

[quote name='Montymonster']Does anyone know off-hand what the difference between NCAA '12 and '13 will be? If there really isn't any major differences, I'll pick up '12 instead of throwing down $45 for basically the same game. Thanks for the heads up, OP.[/QUOTE]

Honestly I played the NCAA '13 demo and wasn't impressed with any of the 'changes' made, if any. I usually bounce back and forth between Madden and NCAA every other year to at least make it feel a little fresh. I liked NCAA '12 better than Madden '12 though.

It seems like Madden 13 is supposed to be the superior product. However, with the Best Buy deal on NCAA 13 with the $10 Pre-ORder and pick, plus a $20 Pre-Order bonus, I will get both Madden/NCAA 13 this year.

[quote name='Montymonster']Does anyone know off-hand what the difference between NCAA '12 and '13 will be? If there really isn't any major differences, I'll pick up '12 instead of throwing down $45 for basically the same game. Thanks for the heads up, OP.[/QUOTE]
Considering they don't have player names in the game, just some of the players jersey numbers will be different. That's about it. The box art looks different too.

[quote name='Reck_Havoc']Umm.. yes to your asinine question? And they still sell TONS of copies.

Though I did ask the same question about JRPG's the other day.[/QUOTE]

Glass houses. Stones.

They changed a lot of the passing mechanics in 13. You can now supposedly throw more than just the lob and bullet pass. They did more under the hood changes to things like recruiting, online playability and also added some new heisman mode. I traded in 12 after a week or two, it was fun but it froze on me after I played an epic hour long game. I still have 11 and play it quite a bit and didn't notice a big change from 11 to 12.

No Joe Pa/Sandusky in 13
Deal breaker

If your school is in the Big 12, SEC, or Big East, the updates to the schools in the conference.

[quote name='Reck_Havoc']Umm.. yes to your asinine question? And they still sell TONS of copies.

Though I did ask the same question about JRPG's the other day.[/QUOTE]

Don't joke about that. JRPGs are the best video games. There also is no apostorphe in it.

[quote name='waldo21212']If your school is in the Big 12, SEC, or Big East, the updates to the schools in the conference.[/QUOTE]

You can do this manually in 12.

Meh I just realized this is last years version, totally thought it was this years.

Can you cancel an instore pickup order ?

Or do they charge you a restocking fee or something ?

I mean for 10$ maybe ill get it anyway

[quote name='Jacoblee23']Online dynasty with friends makes this the most addicting online game I have ever played. We have probably played a hundred seasons or more, since they first introduced online dynasty a few years ago. Love it.[/QUOTE]

I second the love of online dynasty. Whoever rated this thread 1 star is being a grade A d-word.

Just got notification that they couldn't find my copies for in-store pickup...... great...

Probably the hoarding soccer moms from SD....

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mcthatch']I second the love of online dynasty. Whoever rated this thread 1 star is being a grade A d-word.[/QUOTE]

How soon does EA shut down servers? I thought they did it pretty fast. Means online dynasty isn't really a selling point, unless something has changed since I last played NBA Live.

[quote name='gpgorbosjr']How soon does EA shut down servers? I thought they did it pretty fast. Means online dynasty isn't really a selling point, unless something has changed since I last played NBA Live.[/QUOTE]

After '12 came out, I went back to try to play '10 but found out the servers were taken down. This was probably 10-11 months ago? So if that's any indication, the '12 version might be good for at least another year.

But '11 was when EA first implemented the Online Pass and since that is supposed to help keep servers up longer, maybe '12 servers will be up longer. But look at MMA and see that EA just wants your money without keeping up any servers.

I too have played many many seasons of OD in the last few years, and I will agree that the Online Dynasty is the best part, especially if you have friends to play it with. I bought this game at release for $60 and it was had a ton of bugs in it. The first weekend saw a glitch that prevented any OD from advancing to the coaching carousel (one of the new additions and a selling point for this year), and they released patches 1 month too late and those patches added more problems to the ones they supposably fixed. Probably only 2 months after release saw the end of any fixes, and we've been saddled with the game as-is since then. I am sure they will try to put those new fixes in the '13 version and hype it up to be "NEW AND IMPROVED" but I really feel that we should have been entitled to a playable game from Day 1 instead of being made as beta testers.

I regretted buying this Day 1, but for $10 it might actually be a good buy

[quote name='dcm1602']Meh I just realized this is last years version, totally thought it was this years.

Can you cancel an instore pickup order ?

Or do they charge you a restocking fee or something ?

I mean for 10$ maybe ill get it anyway[/QUOTE]

If you aren't a release day football gamer then I doubt you would notice the difference. The people who say "lol just roster updates" are absolutely wrong. However, the differences from year to year are for the "hardcore" players and someone who just plays casually are not going to notice differences like being able to anticipate route breaks and corners who have their heads turned. All in all I think you would be happy with 2012 version.

[quote name='buster90']With the 13 edition out in a few weeks who wants to play last years edition?[/QUOTE]

While I get the newest edition every year, this is just one ignorant statement from either an obvious troll or a buffoon.

Some people don't care about updated rosters. And the changes EA makes every year aren't always an improvement.

[quote name='fastitocalon']If you aren't a release day football gamer then I doubt you would notice the difference. The people who say "lol just roster updates" are absolutely wrong. However, the differences from year to year are for the "hardcore" players and someone who just plays casually are not going to notice differences like being able to anticipate route breaks and corners who have their heads turned. All in all I think you would be happy with 2012 version.[/QUOTE]

Well I'm a Madden guy, everyyear, on release day. So wouldn't this be similar to last years Madden quite a bit?

NCAA 12 is probably the worst game in franchise. Ea kept patching it and things kept getting worst. I think they gave up half way into the season. High expectations since NCAA 11 was really good.

[quote name='finstersucks']NCAA 12 is probably the worst game in franchise. Ea kept patching it and things kept getting worst. I think they gave up half way into the season. High expectations since NCAA 11 was really good.[/QUOTE]

That's good to know. I was debating buying this again because I got it at release and played it for about a month before getting tired of it and trading it in. I was hoping they would have really improved it via patching and that a fully patched 12 would be better than a potentially broken 13 that would take a few months to get fixed properly.

But alas, it sounds like EA dropped the ball.

[quote name='finstersucks']NCAA 12 is probably the worst game in franchise. Ea kept patching it and things kept getting worst. I think they gave up half way into the season. High expectations since NCAA 11 was really good.[/QUOTE]

NCAA 12 was bad enough that I sold it off last December and am going to skip at least '13. It was a steaming pile that had a lot of promise.

[quote name='chriscolbert']That's good to know. I was debating buying this again because I got it at release and played it for about a month before getting tired of it and trading it in. I was hoping they would have really improved it via patching and that a fully patched 12 would be better than a potentially broken 13 that would take a few months to get fixed properly.

But alas, it sounds like EA dropped the ball.[/QUOTE]

They patched it up enough that it did finally stop freezing, but it took months and that ended up being the extend of their patching. Unfortunately, it didn't fix any of the issues like psychic defenders, magic LBs, or the complete lack of certain penalties.

There is fun to be had, especially for $10, but don't get it again thinking that its all better.

It's definitely a good deal if you're not interested in buying the new 13 game in a few weeks.

But for those who will be buying 13, there's not much reason to pick this up.

I'm on the fence. If there was 360 copy available for shipping, I'd probably bite right away, but now I have to think about it.

Just got back from the store to pick my game up. Took about 15 minutes because the girl was dumb and "couldn't find" the game even though it was sitting in one of the pickup bins the whole time. One of the other workers "found" it eventually though.

So the game never really improved from the steaming pile it was at launch other than it doesn't crash now? GTK I'll just hold on to NCAA/Madden 11 for my fix as I REALLY don't like what they've done to Madden (I just want to play a franchise as the Bears, I don't want to do it online and I don't want to be forced to do it as a particular coach.)

Also starting this year, you can no longer import/customize players from NCAA (probably in preperation for the $1B lawsuit EA is about to lose in court with former NCAA players.)

This reminds me I still need to play the BCS title game w/Boise State against LSU (I did kinda have to cheat as I had to play as Florida in the SEC title game to beat Alabama so they dropped out and BSU got the No. 2 ranking.)

Anyone know if you bought one of these what happens if you dont decide to get it ?

Can I just not show up and have them not bill me ?

Typically NCAA is a better product year after year. I really enjoyed 12 before trading it in so i might pick this up since i will be playing Madden 12 for the majority of the Madden 13 season.

[quote name='dcm1602']Anyone know if you bought one of these what happens if you dont decide to get it ?

Can I just not show up and have them not bill me ?[/QUOTE]

I don't understand why you would do that but if you don't pick up your in store pickup, they will hold it (i think for a week) and then are supposed to refund your payment method.

[quote name='dcm1602']Anyone know if you bought one of these what happens if you dont decide to get it ?

Can I just not show up and have them not bill me ?[/QUOTE]

I thought they billed you when you ordered the item for the in-store pick up? Well, either way if you cancel it or don't show up to pick it up in a week then they will refund you the full amount. I've done it before because I forgot I had to go out of town so I had no chance to pick it up.

bread's done
Back