(PS3) Resonance of Fate $21.49 on Amazon.com

One of my favorites as well. I'm all about deals but I can honestly say this was 60 bucks I don't regret. Very excellent and often underrated title.

Its been under 20$ quite a few times (think I bought it last year for that), not a bad game, definitely not great either.

The combat is unique and pretty cool, however it gets stale alot quicker than most rpgs combat.

Sig.jpg
This is a great game

This is a game with a ton of problems, why can't people just be fucking honest for once about JRPGs? They aren't all diamonds in the rough.

If you love it, that's wonderful. On a site with people who never touch their backlogs, however, it feels wrong to post a deal with such shallow recommendations.

$21? Christ...

[quote name='panzerfaust']This is a game with a ton of problems, why can't people just be fucking honest for once about JRPGs? They aren't all diamonds in the rough.

If you love it, that's wonderful. On a site with people who never touch their backlogs, however, it feels wrong to post a deal with such shallow recommendations.

$21? Christ...[/QUOTE]

How are they not being honest when they are just stating an opinion. People can love bad games and people can hate good game. Just cause a game isn't in your $10 price range doesn't mean it's a deal.

Personally I enjoyed the game a lot. I loved the unique combat system and customization but story is basically non-existent. There is also a learning curve into the game so it's definitely not for everyone (even rpg lovers) as if you don't get the combat, you will not like the game at all.

Now on to the deal, it alright. Like DCM said it has been under $20 before. Not on amazon (used but not new) but on Newegg for 15.99.

[quote name='panzerfaust']This is a game with a ton of problems, why can't people just be fucking honest for once about JRPGs? They aren't all diamonds in the rough.

$21? Christ...[/QUOTE]

It's extremely unique. That alone earns it a lot of credit. Those that actually stick with it long enough to fully understand the battle system are rewarded with an extremely... rewarding (yes I used it twice) experience. You're right, it isn't a diamond in the rough. It's just a diamond.

$21? Christ...[/QUOTE]
Who pissed in your cereal this morning? Damn, not sure why u feel the need to get that "serious" with someone posting about a game.
"It feels wrong to post a deal with such shallow recommendations"? seriously? haha do we need to have in-depth reviews for every $5 DOTD game from bestbuy?

With that said, $21 isn't a great price though. :lol:

$21? Christ...[/QUOTE]

Go play your shiny and smooth Final Fantasy 13 and revel in its complexity and amazing structure...meanwhile the rest of us will be appreciating the unappreciated and underrated titles.

We aren't in denial...you give me 5 reasons why it's a horrible game and I'll give you 5 why it's amazing. If you don't like the damn game and can't enjoy it for being different and complex just go elsewhere.

Picked it up in the last B2G1 GS sale, mainly because I'm running out of games I actually want. Haven't gotten to it, but will one of these days.

$21? Christ...[/QUOTE]
Your fucking right! this game is hard as hell and doesn't hold your hands, completely different from ANY RPG I've ever played, and it doesn't have a annoying sidekick character!

Oh wait that's what I liked about the game.....

Uh...well Haters Gonna Hate!

[quote name='kouleefoh']Who pissed in your cereal this morning? Damn, not sure why u feel the need to get that "serious" with someone posting about a game.
"It feels wrong to post a deal with such shallow recommendations"? seriously? haha do we need to have in-depth reviews for every $5 DOTD game from bestbuy?

With that said, $21 isn't a great price though. :lol:[/QUOTE]

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

[quote name='kouleefoh']Who pissed in your cereal this morning? Damn, not sure why u feel the need to get that "serious" with someone posting about a game.

With that said, $21 isn't a great price though. :lol:[/QUOTE]
Was trolling man, relax. RoF, Last Remnant, Star Ocean 4, and WKC are my top JRPGs this gen.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Was trolling man, relax. RoF, Last Remnant, and Star Ocean 4 are my top JRPGs this gen.[/QUOTE]

That was not a troll. You just had to many valid counter arguments to deal with! =P

[quote name='TooPoor']Seeing that Amazon will start to charge tax beginning July 1st (If I remember correctly), I might as well bite.[/QUOTE]

really? on all states?

This is one of those games that people think is hard because they don't do the tutorials. Also, once you figure out gun customization this game becomes a breeze. Pretty fun game.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Was trolling man, relax. RoF, Last Remnant, Star Ocean 4, and WKC are my top JRPGs this gen.[/QUOTE]
Okay, now i'm relaxed. Damn it, i was tensed all afternoon.

[quote name='KtMack23']Isn't this the game with random huge difficulty spikes?[/QUOTE]
They're not random, but by level. Not to say that difficulty doesn't spike though.:lol:

On the brightside, there's an arena that makes the grinding easier.

Game is fun as hell though. $20 isn't a deal because it's been cheaper, but well worth it. I must've gotten at least 150 hours on it.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Was trolling man, relax. RoF, Last Remnant, Star Ocean 4, and WKC are my top JRPGs this gen.[/QUOTE]

Damn you..haha and don't forget Lost Odyssey.

This article sums up everything about RoF:

http://kotaku.com/5914867/rpgs-need-to-quit-making-such-bad-first-impressions

Worst first impression of any game I've ever played. Tri-Ace games in general have this problem. You can't create a game, with possibly the most complex battle/weapon system I've ever personally seen, and just expect people to understand it with no comprehensible tutorial system.

Bottom line...if you play games for fun, avoid this. If you enjoy being extremely frustrated, this game will be the best you've ever played.

It's been this price for a long time, not really a deal...

The game is good but it has its many flaws. Combat system is very unique. I got about 10 hours into it, but then stopped because I got kind of bored. I'll finish it someday.

This one is very unique. I love the gun customization and even the whole outfit/clothes stuff is cool. But, this can be a pretty challenging game at times. I play it in spurts and I think I'm about halfway through it... Can be fun, can be real frustrating!

[quote name='captaintek3304']This article sums up everything about RoF:

http://kotaku.com/5914867/rpgs-need-to-quit-making-such-bad-first-impressions

Worst first impression of any game I've ever played. Tri-Ace games in general have this problem. You can't create a game, with possibly the most complex battle/weapon system I've ever personally seen, and just expect people to understand it with no comprehensible tutorial system.

Bottom line...if you play games for fun, avoid this. If you enjoy being extremely frustrated, this game will be the best you've ever played.[/QUOTE]

this....this game is beyond frustrating at points. far too many times you can get stuck on some super boss for hours and hours and hours....my advice is for the love of all things dont forget to use your save points. far too many times early on i wasnt paying attention cause i wasnt expecting to get crushed in the first few chapters i would have to redo an entire chapter just to level up a little bit or just to go and find that save point before whoever i was stuck on

[quote name='dohdough']They're not random, but by level. Not to say that difficulty doesn't spike though.:lol:

On the brightside, there's an arena that makes the grinding easier.

Game is fun as hell though. $20 isn't a deal because it's been cheaper, but well worth it. I must've gotten at least 150 hours on it.[/QUOTE]

BS they are random. and no the arena is one of the most boring things ever.

no its a hard game because the game throws random overpowered bosses at you out of the clear blue.....ladela wandering around doing a side quest then suddenly a random of boss during the sidequest appears no biggy oh wait its 50 levels over you and buttrapes you.

the game does this constantly whether it is side quests or the main stories.

and the unique battle system is great and all but if crystals disappear you are dead. and against a boss that has allies that respawn endlessly and is 50 levels over you not to mention his allies may be 10 levels under you but are still capable of unleashing and unholy amount of damage....it is very easy to just get crushed unfairly at times.

i am on chapter 8 but i just got tired of constantly running into BS overpowred bosses. and the battle system is not that fun it is ok and different but it is not that great.

so if you wish to invest of a lot of time into figuring out how to play the game and leveling up a lot....and i do mean a lot....(look up the infinite money trick not that that helps much) have fun with this game.

one of the primary problems is you need to use at least two people to kill one person.....so in a fight of 6 people you have to devote two of them to killing one person. this third person will often then do little to no damage or not enough to matter so you must use this third person and combine him with your shield destroying person to kill another guy. so essentially one must take a full turn to knock out one person while the enemy would then get to shoot you 5 different times and quite often destroying one person unless you can manage to hide in the process of your turn and kill someone. also sometimes you will bump into wall even though you are clearly able to walk by it your character will still hit the wall and end their turn....these moments really really really hurt. there is then the fact if your shield killing guy has killed all the shields of everyone he is a useless character after that so if he splash damages other characters or deshields everyone you are left with a useless character while you wait on the health killing people to do their job. thats sort of the primary problem with the two to kill one scenario you always get someone that is on your team doing nothing and completely useless after a certain point.

As metioned this isnt a deal, cause it's been/is cheaper at other places.

As far as the game goes, it really is a hit or miss. I tried my hardest to get into it and just couldnt stay with it, the battle system being the main reason even though I did the tutorial.

[quote name='Jack_Frost']As metioned this isnt a deal, cause it's been/is cheaper at other places.

As far as the game goes, it really is a hit or miss. I tried my hardest to get into it and just couldnt stay with it, the battle system being the main reason even though I did the tutorial.[/QUOTE]

tutorial? what tutorial? did i miss that somewhere lol?

[quote name='kayne2000']tutorial? what tutorial? did i miss that somewhere lol?[/QUOTE]

There is a tutorial at the arena and I think it was optional.

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']There is a tutorial at the arena and I think it was optional.[/QUOTE]

hmm maybe i saw in there then....but i dont recall

this game is kind of a hot mess. A total JRPG in every way, including an extremely impenetrable narrative that will leave you scratching your head. I think I put about 7 or 8 hours into it before losing interest. Don't think I'll be going back. Still, the combat seemed interesting and it seems like a good game if you want a lot of challenge and compelling mechanics. I find myself having less and less time for games like this.

I didn't have a hard time figuring this game out, and I'm no genius. It's been a while, but there were opportunities to learn the ins and outs of the combat system before it threw you to the lions. Brief and early opportunities, but they were there.

Best things: unique battles, customization, and unique characters. Well...alright, the characters are kind of archetypes, but it's all in the execution. The story is just really weird and kind of random but also oddly heartfelt. I can't explain it, but it breaks out of the irritating Final Fantasy mold at every opportunity. I guess part of the appeal is the fact there are only three protagonists, and thus not a bunch of BS filler and annoying characters. It's actually rather focused in that way.

Dude, just get it for under $15. It's worth that much.

Yeah, it's focused. It's so focused in fact, that every single dungeon looks exactly the same.

The battle system is cool, but the latter half of the game gets ridiculously hard. The story is just a big bag of stupid. The customization is cool, but when you're customizing your weapons things get BEYOND ridiculous. I think I had about eight different laser sights somehow attached to a handgun.

All in all, it's worth it if you're wiling to give something new a shot. It rewards patience. A LOT of patience.

bread's done
Back