Buying pre-owned games from bestbuy.com

roedaniel19

CAGiversary!
Would like some input from anyone who has purchased pre-owned games online from best buy. Are they in good condition and complete with original case and manual? Thanks ahead of time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Disks are usually in good condition because they send them to the factory to be reconditioned and shrink wrapped. However there is no guarantee on the original case and manual. About 20% of the time I get those generic cases. It depends on what people trade-in mostly.

[quote name='iduncurr']Disks are usually in good condition because they send them to the factory to be reconditioned and shrink wrapped. However there is no guarantee on the original case and manual. About 20% of the time I get those generic cases. It depends on what people trade-in mostly.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I have some credit and would like to take advantage of the buy 2 get 1 next week, but my local store never has a good selection of used games. I called a customer service rep last week and she told me that they dont accept trade ins without a case and manual, but I wanted to hear it from someone who's actually purchased from them online. Thanks again, generic cases are really a dealbreaker for me.

I have had good luck with BB used games. I would say the generic cases come about 10-20% of the time as well, but the discs have always looked new. When I get the generic case, I simply wait to come across a used copy in store and exchange it. If it's past the exchange period, I wait a little longer and buy the one I want to keep and return the generic one on the new receipt.

[quote name='sassylaurie']I have had good luck with BB used games. I would say the generic cases come about 10-20% of the time as well, but the discs have always looked new. When I get the generic case, I simply wait to come across a used copy in store and exchange it. If it's past the exchange period, I wait a little longer and buy the one I want to keep and return the generic one on the new receipt.[/QUOTE]
Nice thinking... I wonder if that last part would bother my conscious tho lol

I just recently ordered some used games from the web site and all three of the game's discs were in perfect condition, The Darkness and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition were complete with original case and manual, though the Ultimate Edition didn't come with the codes to access the bonus material, and the Wii game had it's original slipcover but no manual. I'd buy used games from them again, the discs look great.

I used to have better luck with pre owned games from best buy.  I just ordered 3 copies of The Twilight princess Hd for wii u.  It was a buy 2 get 1 free deal.  I had intent of selling the other two on ebay.  Unfortunately all 3 copies did not include the cover art or original case.  Not sure if I was just unlucky or if this is a new trend.

bread's done
Back