$28.XX Dead Island GOTY @ AMZ thru gohasings

sorry bout the price pc battery died in the middle of posting,
people complain about MSRP deals & yes this is a small sale but I was going to get the vanilla for $10 but since this is out will wait for $20ish.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Saw the regular version at Wal-Mart this past weekend for $19.96. Buy according to taste.[/QUOTE]

i saw the GOTY version for 19.XX$ at walmart in shelbyville ky

[quote name='1020chase']i saw the GOTY version for 19.XX$ at walmart in shelbyville ky[/QUOTE]game just released yesterday so maybe a employee error by confusing the vanilla & GOTY but deinitely extreme YMMV on anyone else getting it for that price.

Preordered this when I was going to bite on the 20 dollar regular edition a few weeks ago. Figured 9 more dollars for the complete package why not? I got it today in the mail and amazon sent me the ps3 version instead of the xbox version I ordered. Ugh.

Was really curious how Dead Island was able to push out a GOTY edition when I first heard of it, the article sure helps to confirm what I thought happened.

I received Dead Island for free through a mistake with Impulse. I wasn't interested in the title, but a friend was very interested in it, so I went ahead and played through part of it. It's one of the worst games I've played; and if it deserved any sort of special edition maybe Worst Game of the Year would have been more acceptable.

Calling Dead Island GOTY is an unethical business practice imo.

[quote name='Platinumstorm'] It's one of the worst games I've played; and if it deserved any sort of special edition maybe Worst Game of the Year would have been more acceptable.[/QUOTE]

Clearly, you haven't played Brink which released in that same year...

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Saw the regular version at Wal-Mart this past weekend for $19.96. Buy according to taste.[/QUOTE]

What's that? - Sorry, I'm having trouble hearing you over all the giant boobs in your sig.

[quote name='Kidd Mischief']Is it really that bad? Was looking to get this but now I'm contemplating between this and a few others. Hmmm.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was a pretty decent game, don't know why everyone here hates it.

[quote name='CaseX']Clearly, you haven't played Brink which released in that same year...[/QUOTE]
Quite correct, but Brink never claimed GOTY.

It's an okay game.

I liked the combat system they had but I don't know the game got tedious after a point?
It's pretty fun if you have a good group of four though.

It's irritating as shit having to wait for someone because they're running around the island like and ass while the rest of the group is waiting for them to come back at the meet point to continue with the quests.

This game is a snoorefest. The longer the game went on, the more it dragged. The melee combat is the only saving grace of the game, and it is completely uninspired. Pick it up when it is $10, it is really not worth much more.

No couch co op is a killer for me. Being a college student, I don't have many friends who have the same schedules as me or own an x box. Would love to play with the wife...but yeah...no couch co op. I heard single player was boring as shit so not even for that.

Wow - I loved this game. Didn't realize so many hated it! Didn't care for the final environment as much as the first couple - but definitely one of my favorites of last year.

The GOTY thing is just marketing. It's funny to see some people getting upset about it. Nerds will read into fucking everything.

[quote name='Halo05']The GOTY thing is just marketing. It's funny to see some people getting upset about it. Nerds will read into fucking everything.[/QUOTE]
Says the one with 橘右京 as avatar :lol:

On a serious note, waiting for $20

[quote name='TooPoor']Says the one with 橘右京 as avatar :lol:

On a serious note, waiting for $20[/QUOTE]

Touche'

I bit at $30 a couple days ago on Amazon. I had a giftcard from my birthday. I heard enough mixed reviews to be sufficiently intrigued.

Good game played solo. Didnt get to try coop which would have made it better imo. I enjoyed the story but it does get repetitive. Slicing zombies was a blast. No way this should be goty, complete edition or something along that line is fitting.

[quote name='CHADSTONe']pffft. Game has no right to have a GOTY edition.[/QUOTE]
Sure it does. Just like all of those other games that magically end up getting GOTY editions without having won an actual award for it or having anything that makes it stand out from other games like it.

I just wonder if they fixed the co-op freezing issues in this GOTY edition release on the PS3. About every 2 hours it locks up the PS3 solidly to where you have to shut it down while the games still running.:cry::whistle2:#

As others have said though, the combat is repetitive. The only thing that is kinda keeping me playing is the ability to use propane tanks to take out groups of zombies and infected.

bread's done
Back