Army Corps of Hell (Vita) Amazon 19.99

Thanks for the contribution, OP; but Vita owners beware: this game isn't worth more than $5--if u spend more, I guarantee you'll be disappointed.

This is the Vita game I've been most "on the fence" about. I heard its a rts so that intrigued me as id like to have a rts on my vita, but just about everyone says its garbage which makes me hold off. Hopefully this does become a free ps plus game at some point cause I don't feel like wasting the $20 on this

[quote name='ndheah']Is this game really as bad as everyone says it is?[/QUOTE]

I don't think so. I got a good 60 hours out of it and had fun. That's all I ask for out of a game.

What makes it a "bad game" are the price point and the distribution method--had this come out as a $10 PSN title, it would've reviewed favorably; but as a $40 retail title, um, it's a huge fail. Even $20 is a bit steep.

I got our sites review copy and actually quite liked it. While the story is pretty much an excuse for more stages, there isn't much anyway. Sadly there are also a very small pool of enemies, but the game becomes quite tactical later on. A lot of this is due to armor requirements, speed of attacks, how you're playing, etc. If you actually enjoy the game, it should take around 16 hours to beat it and 50+ to platinum it.

I played through this and didn't think it was that bad. I got it for about $25 around the Vita launch, which I think its worth that at least.

Can someone please give a reason for it either being a game worth buying or not!
PSVITA

[quote name='token2k6']I bet it'll be one of the first full game offerings for PS+ Vita content..[/QUOTE]

I hope, we are due some Vita PS+ love. Game gets very mixed reviews and impressions, seems like the initial levels are a lot of fun, but the gameplay mechanic wears thin later in the game.

Any chance BB would price match on this? Read the Destructiod and IGN reviews and it looks good for $20, but I'd like to play it this weekend.

Got it at best buy on a price match. Looks like they are getting better matching amazon. Looks like a fun time until the repetition sets in.

[quote name='streymaad']Can someone please give a reason for it either being a game worth buying or not!
PSVITA
[/QUOTE]

Reason to buy: You have $20 and are looking for a new vita game to play
Reason not to buy: You don't have $20 or don't want to play this game :cool:

You guys expecting Vita goodies from PS+ are just asking to be disappointed. I'm not saying it won't ever happen (and it would be sweet if it did), but I wouldn't count on it.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']You guys expecting Vita goodies from PS+ are just asking to be disappointed. I'm not saying it won't ever happen (and it would be sweet if it did), but I wouldn't count on it.[/QUOTE]

What is odd is prior to E3 they posted on the blog that PS+ was expanding to vita as part of the redesign and frankly it's the main reason I signed up. Additionally Sony Europe has already starting offering discounted prices for plus members as part of the current sale they are running. So it should be coming I just hope it does before my 3 months are up. I don't think there have been free games yet.

[quote name='prayformojo']What is odd is prior to E3 they posted on the blog that PS+ was expanding to vita as part of the redesign and frankly it's the main reason I signed up. Additionally Sony Europe has already starting offering discounted prices for plus members as part of the current sale they are running. So it should be coming I just hope it does before my 3 months are up. I don't think there have been free games yet.[/QUOTE]

Do you have a link? I remember there were posts on a variety of gaming sites of rumors and or speculation of a separate PS+ membership for Vita owners but they were nothing more than rumors/speculation.

Did a quick google search and it does appear eurogamer was reporting the plus to vita stuff based on Sony Europe comments, so maybe it is just a European thing and not coming to US. One can hope though.

[quote name='prayformojo']Did a quick google search and it does appear eurogamer was reporting the plus to vita stuff based on Sony Europe comments, so maybe it is just a European thing and not coming to US. One can hope though.[/QUOTE]

They've already gotten a bunch of sales, so shows that they're already started on it. Hopefully we start getting something sooner than later. Picked up the Escape Plan DLC for $.25 so a sale on the full game would be excellent. Wouldn't mind some others like Plants vs. Zombies, since thats fairly pricey for what its worth.

My problem is I am holding off on buying stuff because I feel a sale should be coming. I bought the escape plan dlc as well, but don't want to get the game until it hits under $10. Also I'd love to see some of the games that are discounted get price matches on psn. I'd rather have hot shots and wipeout digitally, but not when I can get them for $20 at Walmart.

Played this for a few hours last night and it is a lot of fun. I never played Pikimin, so I cant compare, but the game seems to be a good blend of strategy and action. I can see where it will get repetitive over the 40 or so levels, but through the first six I am really enjoying it. Those on the fence may want to wait for a further price drop, cheaper is always better, but I think at $20, its a good time. YMMV depending on how grading you find the hard rock soundtrack, it fits with the theme, but if you don't like metal you are in for a lot of it.

[quote name='slidecage']best buy ends today though dont it[/QUOTE]

It's confirmed to be 100% till at least 9/1. There is also at least one poster confirming with BB employees that it'll last till October.

[quote name='kouleefoh']got my copy from hastings for $12 today so will have to see how "bad" it is[/QUOTE]

I bought it from hastings as well at that price. Game is bad. Its just so repetitive. First 5 levels and I was already bored. I thought it would get better, but never did, just every platform you battle on is the same, and it repeats for hours. If there was a demo of this game, it wouldn't have sold at all, since you could play the demo over and over and get the same experience.

I would advice all to wait for $10 or less. Not worth much more.

[quote name='nightmare452']I bought it from hastings as well at that price. Game is bad. Its just so repetitive. First 5 levels and I was already bored. I thought it would get better, but never did, just every platform you battle on is the same, and it repeats for hours. If there was a demo of this game, it wouldn't have sold at all, since you could play the demo over and over and get the same experience.

I would advice all to wait for $10 or less. Not worth much more.[/QUOTE]

i buy it off you for 12 :)

[quote name='Sway']It's confirmed to be 100% till at least 9/1. There is also at least one poster confirming with BB employees that it'll last till October.[/QUOTE]

DONT SAYS ITS EXTENEDED i dont want to go into my spider infested basement digging out games LOL

[quote name='nightmare452']I bought it from hastings as well at that price. Game is bad. Its just so repetitive. First 5 levels and I was already bored. I thought it would get better, but never did, just every platform you battle on is the same, and it repeats for hours. If there was a demo of this game, it wouldn't have sold at all, since you could play the demo over and over and get the same experience.

I would advice all to wait for $10 or less. Not worth much more.[/QUOTE]
lol im confused because so far all i did in that game is move around holding R button w the occasional O.

[quote name='MrshllJcb']This is the Vita game I've been most "on the fence" about. I heard its a rts so that intrigued me as id like to have a rts on my vita, but just about everyone says its garbage which makes me hold off. Hopefully this does become a free ps plus game at some point cause I don't feel like wasting the $20 on this[/QUOTE]it's been $20 @ Gamestop for months so buy it used there & test it out if you like cool if not return it no loss which is better than $20 anywhere.
http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/army-corps-of-hell/98006

[quote name='prayformojo']Got it at best buy on a price match. Looks like they are getting better matching amazon. Looks like a fun time until the repetition sets in.[/QUOTE]^^^$20 @ GS even if they didn't match but OOS online.

Bought this at Best Buy during launch. My son put a solid 30 minutes into it before trading it in - it stunk.

yea its a awful game..

now if you could of STAT grind it might of been a fun game or been able to grind at lower levels so you could make it though a level your finding hard BUT nope

5.00 buck game tops THough if they did Drop it to say 12 i might bite just to do the flip to best buy for 8 bucks

Well after reading the overwhelming great reviews and impressions from fellow CAG's. I've done the honorable thing and cancelled my order. :lol:

Down to $12.03 shipped/sold by Amazon. Though after reading the opinions, this will be more of a title to flip to Best Buy. The BB website shows that it's still holding at the $10 TIV and the 100% bonus was confirmed to last to Oct 6.

[quote name='InvaderZim']Bought this at Best Buy during launch. My son put a solid 30 minutes into it before trading it in - it stunk.[/QUOTE]

That really sucks...at least you got some money back.

I'm struggling to get through this game. It wasnt so bad at first, but for 40 levels of the same thing it is tedious and boring. Worst part is the levels get hard later on and without the right equipment (which only unlocks AFTER you beat levels) you have to keep trying in order to advance.

I've been playing this to hold me over until another game drops (in price or releases) and it I didnt get it for cheap, I would be trashing it harder.

[quote name='KneeKnee']I'm struggling to get through this game. It wasnt so bad at first, but for 40 levels of the same thing it is tedious and boring. Worst part is the levels get hard later on and without the right equipment (which only unlocks AFTER you beat levels) you have to keep trying in order to advance.

I've been playing this to hold me over until another game drops (in price or releases) and it I didnt get it for cheap, I would be trashing it harder.[/QUOTE]

yea the game would been 1000x better if you could upgrade your troops and replay the same levels but its either WIN OR LOSE and REPEAT WITH THE SAME ITEMS very boring game

Down to around 12 now on amazon... 10 i might buy

Got this game for $12, played a good 5 or 10 min then traded someone for Wipeout. Best thing I've done with that game. :lol:

bread's done
Back