VVVVVV (eShop) $4.99 from June 29th to July 1st

Pleased as punch to see something resembling regular sales on a Nintendo DD platform.
Especially the fact that this isn't a 1st party game.

Yeah, Nintendo started "Game of the Weekend", where every week, a different game on the eShop is on sale from Friday at 9 AM PST to Sunday at 9 PM PST. Not sure why it's not a full week like with PSN/XBLA sales, but still nice to see Nintendo doing digital sales after never doing them for the Virtual Console.

Makes me tempted to make a eShop/VC thread similar to the XBLA & PSN ones we have to post weekly updates & sales.

I have this on steam and love this game. I am very tempted to pick up the 3DS version. Thanks for posting.

Great that will be a perfect for the commute to work. Thanks!!
VVVVVV

Ha. I was just thinking about this game this morning, thinking about how stupid it was that the 3DS version was more expensive than the PC version. Now that the game is going on sale, I will definitely be picking it up on the 3DS. It really is a great game.

I still remember the ebay charity auction that gave away a copy to anyone who bid. What was the final total on that one? Did anyone pay? That was one he'll of a hot potato game, wonder if the thread is still around.

[quote name='TheGuardianWolf']I have this on Steam and it's fantastic on there.

Any difference to the 3ds version? Still have level creation/downloading?[/QUOTE]There's 18 additional levels & a bonus Flip Mode. Level Creator & such is not included, though, but they said if there's enough support, they might include it in the future.

A level in VVVVVV is nebulous. 18 levels could just be 18 screens which you'll beat in under 5 minutes, 45 if one screen is a dick like "Not As I Do".

That said, great game. But it's so much cheaper on PC. Love it though.

Great price for a great experience. You get the entirety of the original VVVVVV (easily worth $5 in and of itself), plus a large number of submitted maps. Rsmobile made a good point that "a level [...] is nebulous", but I've found that the bonus levels are actually rather large. While not as big as the original game, they're certainly a large number of screens and will give you a fair bit of extra mileage on this one.

[quote name='kevgret']Is there alot of backtracking? Does the map do a good job of guiding you where you have to go next?[/QUOTE]
No backtracking unless you're going for Shinies. If you are, then expect lots of backtracking unless you get each Shiny when you see it at first. Having the map on the lower screen is pretty awesome when navigating the "world map", and is pretty cool for figuring out if you're going in the right direction for a shiny you saw earlier.

[quote name='girfreak']how is the 3d effect on this? I have it on PC[/QUOTE]
It's pretty standard fare. You have characters and text in the foremost ground, most of the background in behind them, and then the backmost layer (space or . . . not space?) behind that. You see the background through windows and the like and it does end up looking pretty cool. Not a required 3d experience by any means, but fun.

[quote name='DaedalusIkari']No backtracking unless you're going for Shinies. If you are, then expect lots of backtracking unless you get each Shiny when you see it at first. Having the map on the lower screen is pretty awesome when navigating the "world map", and is pretty cool for figuring out if you're going in the right direction for a shiny you saw earlier.

It's pretty standard fare. You have characters and text in the foremost ground, most of the background in behind them, and then the backmost layer (space or . . . not space?) behind that. You see the background through windows and the like and it does end up looking pretty cool. Not a required 3d experience by any means, but fun.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info.. for $4.99 it sounds like you can't go wrong.. I'll be picking this up tomorrow.

[quote name='SpiderKnight']Are 3DS points different from DS points?[/QUOTE]

Yeah for some reason Nintendo made 3DS specific point cards so the Wii and DS point cards don't work on the eShop.

2 questions.

1. Does Gamestop sell 3DS Cards? (I know Best Buy and a few other places do).
2. Whats the lowest denomination you can buy? (Checked on the site and saw nothing)

I hate that the 3DS doesnt let you charge the exact amount you need, just have to add increments of 5

[quote name='dgwillia006']2 questions.

1. Does Gamestop sell 3DS Cards? (I know Best Buy and a few other places do).
2. Whats the lowest denomination you can buy? (Checked on the site and saw nothing)

I hate that the 3DS doesnt let you charge the exact amount you need, just have to add increments of 5[/QUOTE]

I believe on the lower right option when choosing an amount you can just pay the cost of what you are buying. I did that with Pushmo just 2 days ago.

[quote name='Caddywompus21']Yeah for some reason Nintendo made 3DS specific point cards so the Wii and DS point cards don't work on the eShop.[/QUOTE]
Thanks

[quote name='ChicoChanqlueta']I believe on the lower right option when choosing an amount you can just pay the cost of what you are buying. I did that with Pushmo just 2 days ago.[/QUOTE]

Oh cool, must be a new feature. I remember when the first few 3DS games launched that were under 5$ there was no way to do that

[quote name='Zonic505']Yeah, Nintendo started "Game of the Weekend", where every week, a different game on the eShop is on sale from Friday at 9 AM PST to Sunday at 9 PM PST. Not sure why it's not a full week like with PSN/XBLA sales, but still nice to see Nintendo doing digital sales after never doing them for the Virtual Console.

Makes me tempted to make a eShop/VC thread similar to the XBLA & PSN ones we have to post weekly updates & sales.[/QUOTE]
I'd appreciate this :bouncy:.

Excellent game, by the way. Anyone interested in playing it should pick it up (unless you've got it on the PC already).

Heads up, the deal is now live until Sunday at 9 PM PST.

Again, if anyone has interest in an eShop/VC thread similar to the PSN/XBLA ones where deals & upcoming games are posted, let me know. I'd rather make the thread knowing people would actually post in it & such.

bread's done
Back