Walmart Clearance (PS3 games)- Probably Extremely YMMV

QPitty

CAGiversary!
This is my first deal post and I didn't see a Walmart thread in any of the recent pages but I went to a Walmart in Amarillo, TX yesterday not expecting to find anything but it turns out they hadcrazy clearance prices on a number of ps3 titles. Most were marked down from $30-50 to $5 or $10. I picked up Dead Island (goty) and tekken hybrid for $5 each, and FF-13, Asura's Wrath, and Dark souls for $10 each. They had a number of others titles like Sorcery for $5 and SSX for $10 plus other pretty recent and good games. The clerk said they were clearing out for the fall release schedule. I don't know if it is just this store or if its regional but anyone in the area should check it out.

***Okay
imag0130we.jpg

imag0129jk.jpg

imag0134kc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm gonna go ahead and call bullshit until I see the coming pictures. Dead Island GOTY, Asura's wrath, and Sorcery just came out, so there's really no reason for them to be clearanced out for the fall schedule. That and Wal-Mart has never done such a thing in the past.

[quote name='Tsel']I'm gonna go ahead and call bullshit until I see the coming pictures. Dead Island GOTY, Asura's wrath, and Sorcery just came out, so there's really no reason for them to be clearanced out for the fall schedule. That and Wal-Mart has never done such a thing in the past.[/QUOTE]

Agree. Pretty crazy to see this. Dead Island could have been a mixup between vanilla, but the others (besides Sorcery) I don't see how they would have hit so low so quickly.

I was just looking at the Amazon product page of Dead Island GOTY Edition and it says, "Product under review." Is something wrong with it?

Asura's Wrath has been on sale for $49.99 at my local Wal-Mart for about a month or so...here's hoping it might have dropped a bit more...

Just wait guys, he forgot to photoshop the pics before posting! Ha!

Serously, I'd bite on Asura's Wrath or Dark Souls for $10. I never have any luck with clearance stuff.

[quote name='TooPoor']Too bad my Walmart is in the ghetto.[/QUOTE]

Too bad my store is in the rich neighborhood... no clearance ever. Was on my way there for some thing to take care of this tooth ache... I'll check out out

You need to upload those pictures to a host site, then post the links.
You can't just link to email attachment urls.

What we need is the cag who headed up the Wal-Mart roll back thread to come in here. The prices make sense with Wal-Mart clearance. Dead island is currently rolled back to $19.96 this week... doubt we'll find it clearanced out.

Edit: want to add that the sticker price is not the final say at Wal-Mart. Castlevania lord of shadows rings up at $15 regardless what the sticker says

I would add a photo of the receipt but none of the game titles are on it. The sticker price rang up as displayed. This walmart is at 4215 Canyon Drive in Amarillo, Texas.

Damn, would make the trip to my local Wal-Mart but I've never had any luck at any store with clearance, so I'll just stop by the next time I pass rather than making a special trip.

[quote name='shadowkast']Read the first post[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure there's more than one WM in Amarillo.

Thanks OP! I hardly ever go to Amarillo, but I'll try to get my sister to run by there.

This is another one of those ULTRA-YMMV, one story only, type of deals. I remember about a year ago a guys posted a similar thread about a WM in South Carolina, with similar HUGE markdowns on fairly recent titles. There must have been some kind of rogue electronics manager about to leave the company or something, because some of those prices are outrageous.

Don't want to burst anyone's bubble, but I can 99% guarantee you that these prices will not be found in your local WM's (unless you live in Amarillo, TX), as their clearance pricing is always the extreme definition of YMMV: almost always on a store-by-store basis.

But, like I've said in many WM-related threads before, it's always worth it to check out what a local store has, because you never know when you'll find some gems like this guy. For instance, one of the WM's I sometimes visit put out about 15 MINT copies of the COD: Black Ops Prestige Edition (for both consoles) about 2-3 months ago, out of the blue. I just went in one day, and they had an entire endcap in electronics devoted to them. If you go to a lot of stores, you might find 1-2 copies of this game still around, but for the most part, they are long gone from retail establishments. One of the CSR's I talked to told me that they had basically been put in the back of the store shortly after they released (took up too much display space), and then basically forgotten about for 1.5 years. He told me that the department manager was actually going to put them on clearance for $30, but he reminded her that the regular copy of the game was still $40-50 there (drat!). So they put them up for a more reasonable $75. I wouldn't ever even suggest someone to go look for this at their local store, because if they do have a copy of two, they will almost certainly be at full MSRP, not the greatly reduced price I found.

Congrats to the OP, though. Those are some incredible prices! If I was anywhere near you, I'd have to drop in for a look myself. ;)

Yeah I know. I'm only in town for a wedding and had to go to Walmart for some stuff so I went by the electronics to take a look and lucked out. I figured I should share it for anybody who lives nearby

Well I stand corrected. Bravo OP and sorry for not believing you. Wanna pick me up a few games and sell them at cost + shipping? ;)

i would totally kill to pick up at least 2 of these titles at the prices listed. man, i wish i could order from other stores or something at those prices.

i hate how nothing awesome shows up in my areas. it sucks.

I always buy a game on clearance now even if I don't want it at the time. I saw Driver at Target for $10 a while back and did not buy it at the time and have regretted it ever since.

[quote name='WV Matsui']Don't call just go[/QUOTE]

Easy for you to say. Would you willingly walk into a walmart...? I need a shower every time I leave.

[quote name='Romeo']Easy for you to say. Would you willingly walk into a walmart...? I need a shower every time I leave.[/QUOTE]

I need a shower just from reading your post :whistle2:&

Checked 2 Walmarts on Cobb parkway between the Big Chicken and Terrill Mill Rd, no deal Marietta, GA. The first had quite a few rollbacks to $30-40, but nothing like $5-10 red-tag clearance. The second store was even worse, with almost all at full MSRP. They had a bucket at the bottom shelf with tons of games they had a lot of copies of, like Amalur and NCAA 12

Whenever they red tag stuff at either of my Wal Marts it's usually only like a $1 off, sometimes only some cents off. Never see anything like this at my places. ONE TIME I saw a bin of games that were pretty cheap but that was a loooong time ago and they haven't done it since.

Between crazy stuff like this and the crazy fire sales people have been walking in on at the Sears I'm jealous...

bread's done
Back