Spec Ops: The Line (360) $35.99 at Deep Discount

[quote name='chinoev']I found Spec Ops: The Line on the Xbox 360 for $35.99 at Deep Discount today. For the single player portion of the game the reviews have been positive. On the other hand, the reviewers found the multi-player to be very derivative and boring.

http://www.deepdiscount.com/video_game/Spec-Ops-The-Line-710425397745/[/QUOTE]

That may be a good price, but I rather pay more than to have to deal with a website that has some of the worst reviews on the Internet. Thanks for sharing though.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Deep_Discount

I had no idea that Deep Discount was so hated. I've been ordering from them since the days when they had deepdiscountCD.com and deepdiscountDVD.com. I've probably placed 20+ orders with them over the years and never had a problem. I usually get my packages in a week or so. However, I do agree with some of the reviews that the website leaves something to be desired. Hopefully I continue to be lucky and have good experience with the company. If I have trouble with my order of Spec Ops I'll be sure to post it here.

[quote name='mcthatch']anybody order recently from Deep Discount? I get the bad reviews, but would like to hear about recent experiences.[/QUOTE]

I ordered Blu-rays from their summer sale with no issues. Nothing was out of stock and they all arrived fairly quickly.

But I have also dealt with their dark side in the past, which was a painful and aggravating experience.

If all you're ordering is Spec Ops (and using Ebates to get some change) you should be fine since you shouldn't be arguing with any CSRs or wondering when the order is shipping since it's not exactly an in-demand game.

Placed an order out of curiosity, did it through paypal as well just in case. Will advise if there's any issues and/or when I get it.

[quote name='mcthatch']anybody order recently from Deep Discount? I get the bad reviews, but would like to hear about recent experiences.[/QUOTE]

I have only ordered with them once or twice. The most recent was about 6 months ago. Shipping was slow, took a week to ship, but other than that the transaction was fine.

I bought from DeepDiscount and I had a good experience. I bought Call of Duty MW2 Prestige Edition there. Everything was fine. Don't really see what's wrong with DeepDiscount.

Yeah it's NOT a new IP, it's just that this is the first game in the series to come out in a long time and it's been getting semi-decent reviews all-around. There's actually been quite a bit of buzz around it and it looks like a solid game with a heavier than normal story.

Oh, original link is give 404 error so maybe it sold out?...

Deepdiscount is hit or miss, I had both good and bad experience from them. Lately bad when it comes to pre-orders.

Speaking of Spec Ops, is this the Premium Edition free upgrade?

Those that "pre-ordered" were guaranteed to get a free upgrade to Premium Edition. There are probably unsold PE in stores.

The bad vibes for DeepDiscount come from a few things, mostly their long shipping times for movies (media mail), processing speed and lengthy delays should a particular order involve a price mistake; the latter happens far more often than it should.

Other than that, they sometimes have decent prices on media but don't expect them to arrive quickly.

Yeah, I'm also not a fan of DD. Ordered something and was charged the same day, got a shipping notification almost two months later. It was only $8, but still.

[quote name='MochaRaf']That may be a good price, but I rather pay more than to have to deal with a website that has some of the worst reviews on the Internet. Thanks for sharing though.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Deep_Discount[/QUOTE]

I'm active on a few forums. DD comes up with movie deals and I skip over any DD thread every time. I don't believe they're a real company, particularly from everything I've read.

Guys this will be in a bargain bin soon enough. It's pretty generic IMHO. the mp is nothing special also. I was really looking forward to this, played the first few levels, some mp and haven't touched it since.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Guys this will be in a bargain bin soon enough. It's pretty generic IMHO. the mp is nothing special also. I was really looking forward to this, played the first few levels, some mp and haven't touched it since.[/QUOTE]

I felt this way at first as well and since its not the greatest game if you push on a little more it gets better

[quote name='Derrick1979']I felt this way at first as well and since its not the greatest game if you push on a little more it gets better[/QUOTE]
Yeah I haven't totally written it off yet, just don't really have that urge to keep playing it. I do want to finish it quickly so I can sell it while the price is still decent.

Hate Deep Discount, but too good of a price to pass up. I was going to keep it from Gamefly, but this is $15 or so cheaper. Absolutely fantastic game, it's taken me completely by surprise. The single player is unlike anything else I've ever played. Considering how terrible the original MP beta was for this game, I had zero hopes for it, but right now it's already aiming for my GoTY or at least sleeper hit of 2012.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Guys this will be in a bargain bin soon enough. It's pretty generic IMHO. the mp is nothing special also. I was really looking forward to this, played the first few levels, some mp and haven't touched it since.[/QUOTE]

Story is the strength, gameplay is still above average if you ask me. Definitely one of the better surprises this year as I didn't expect what I got and had no concern for multiplayer.

[quote name='Prismatico']Story is the strength, gameplay is still above average if you ask me. Definitely one of the better surprises this year as I didn't expect what I got and had no concern for multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

I agree completely.... I think the story is real stong and I love how sand plays a part in the game..

my only problem is with the voice acting... does nolan north have to voice EVERY video game? Everytime he speaks I think of prince or persia and uncharted.. throws me out of the experience.

In for one. Thanks OP, and to Rogus for the extra 5% off code ;) The long shipping time doesn't bother me, It'll give me time to finish Spider-Man.

I've been ordering from DD for about 10 years. I've probably placed nearly 80 orders with them, mostly DVDs. The shipping usually takes around 2 weeks but recently I've noticed them coming faster. I've had about 5 orders cancelled or unfilled on their end. Their CSRs aren't very helpful but I've only had to deal with them a few times, and Ive always gotten satisfaction. The bottom line is I would rather deal with Amazon but if the price is right I don't hesitate to use DD.

Pretty good price, but don't expect this to actually be the Premium Edition like it says. They did the same thing with Dark Souls and getting a refund was a pain. And I've been trying to get myself removed from their weekly newsletter for months.

Still, I might get it just because it's a good deal and from what I've played, it's an excellent game. It's nothing amazing, but it's a hell of a lot better than most of the shooters that have come out in the last year. Multiplayer is irrelevant to me.

I just got an e-mail notification from DD confirming shipment of Spec Ops, so they appear to be honoring the price.

[quote name='ookesseloo']I've never had a problem with Deep Discount. I've ordered from them 4 or 5 times...[/QUOTE]

I've ordered from them in the past too and have never had an issue. I think I'll hold off on this though, I can wait till its in the $20 range.

[quote name='alkaliv2']Anyone else have an issue with their order showing that it is a pre-order for order status on their site?[/QUOTE]

That is the same thing that happened to my order.

[quote name='ookesseloo']I've never had a problem with Deep Discount. I've ordered from them 4 or 5 times...[/QUOTE]

I never had a problem with them until they came under new ownership/management.

I ordered Starhawk from them for $36.99 shipped, and my order went into "backordered" status pretty much as soon as they processed the payment.

I waited over 3 weeks for some type of update, then sent them a threatening email; in less than an hour after I sent the email, they shipped the game. Shady much?

So, long story short: if they drag ass with shipping your item, threaten them (in a professional manner).

[quote name='Prismatico']Story is the strength, gameplay is still above average if you ask me. Definitely one of the better surprises this year as I didn't expect what I got and had no concern for multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

2nd that, loving the SP right now.

[quote name='JKSonic']Yeah it's NOT a new IP, it's just that this is the first game in the series to come out in a long time and it's been getting semi-decent reviews all-around. There's actually been quite a bit of buzz around it and it looks like a solid game with a heavier than normal story.

Oh, original link is give 404 error so maybe it sold out?...[/QUOTE]
no offense but the game is crap on the org playstation game console.... i buyed the first spec ops in early 00's becus it was $10 wich was cheap for org playstation game then and it was not even worth it i end up throwed it in the garbage becus gamestop only would give $0.75 for it beack then.i shuld have jus traded it in but w/e.

[quote name='AwRy108']I never had a problem with them until they came under new ownership/management.

I ordered Starhawk from them for $36.99 shipped, and my order went into "backordered" status pretty much as soon as they processed the payment.

I waited over 3 weeks for some type of update, then sent them a threatening email; in less than an hour after I sent the email, they shipped the game. Shady much?

So, long story short: if they drag ass with shipping your item, threaten them (in a professional manner).[/QUOTE]

Same here. I used to order from them but then I tried getting a good deal on the Doctor Who S6 Blu-Ray set. Took me almost a month and a half to get a product that was NOT on backorder.

[quote name='rogus']I got mine today and I can confirm it is the premium edition with the FUBAR Pack. Great deal thanks OP[/QUOTE]

I got my copy of the premium edition today as well.

bread's done
Back