[DEAD] $20 Brave (w/coupon or online code) - xBox, PS3, Wii

Status
Not open for further replies.

imacjenn

CAGiversary!
Thanks to thegame85 for pointing this out, and to shadowrage for the link -

At Target.com - $10 off in-store coupon for Brave is found in Target's coupon center. Coupon is good until 7/21. The game is on sale for $29.99 this week, so it would be $20 after coupon through Saturday 7/7. http://coupons.target.com/electronics-coupons

Online w/code -

Right now, the xBox and Wii versions are only available in stores. The DS version has had an additional price drop to $26.99 (online, not sure about in-store). And the PS3 version can still be backordered (ships in 2-4 weeks), at $29.99 this price for delivery when available. Free shipping. Sales tax is added where applicable.

Disney Pixar Brave for PlayStation 3 for $19.99 via "SZYVZ6GJ"
Disney Pixar Brave for Xbox 360 for $19.99 via "SZLXM8A9" (if it comes back in stock)
Disney Pixar Brave for Nintendo Wii for $19.99 via "SCSP89KS" (if it comes back in stock)

I don't know for sure if the online orders include the $8 movie ticket. If you buy in-store, you'll see on the front if there is a sticker promoting the movie ticket. The movie "ticket" is a code is worth up to $8 and is redeemable through Hollywood Movie Money. It can only be used for Brave, no other movies. Expires 8/31/12.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='imacjenn']
I don't know for sure if these include the $8 movie ticket or not.[/QUOTE]
Not 100% certain, but I think all first run copies do because I've seen them at best buy, gamestop, and amazon. Also, anyone know if these ring up $20 in store?

Took my kid to subway the other day and noticed they are packing in 3 dollar off coupons on this game (any platform) to the kids meals as well. Not sure if there's a way the coupon could be used online, I think I tossed it.

I waited 6 weeks for my witcher 2 to ship and eventually just cancelled my order. Others have had similar issues with backorders... good luck with getting this.

[quote name='kevgret']I waited 6 weeks for my witcher 2 to ship and eventually just cancelled my order. Others have had similar issues with backorders... good luck with getting this.[/QUOTE]

Exact same thing happened to me. Target.com will not be getting my business again anytime soon.

[quote name='thegame85']Targets coupon database has a printable store coupon for $10 off. Should "be $20 in store plus tax.[/QUOTE]

The price is only for online though.

twC4g.jpg

UNTRUE! i got the coupon off the target website, went to the store and got it for $20.32 with the red card. It includes $8 movie ticket for Brave.

[quote name='rogus']UNTRUE! i got the coupon off the target website, went to the store and got it for $20.32 with the red card. It includes $8 movie ticket for Brave.[/QUOTE]

You got ripped off.

[quote name='CyReN']The price is only for online though.

twC4g.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Nope. It's on sale in-store this week as well for $29.99. It's even in the weekly ad.

[quote name='thegame85']In response to the updated OP. there are also coupons for the ps3, wii and ds versions on the coupon page.[/QUOTE]

Really? I only saw a coupon for the xBox version when I looked.

This is why I hate OP'ing. :roll:

Thanks OP! That ticket will be nice!:cool:

[quote name='rogus']UNTRUE! i got the coupon off the target website, went to the store and got it for $20.32 with the red card. It includes $8 movie ticket for Brave.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for mentioning that! With so many movies coming out, I want that discount!

Just rented this on Friday for the kiddos. Not a bad little game. Not great, mind you, but for a movie tie-in it was fun enough for a rental. Beat it in two days though. It has some limited co-op for those that like playing with their children.

Also heads up for achievement hunters, to avoid playing the entire game twice, make your first playthrough on the "Brave" setting.

[quote name='bojay1997']Nope. It's on sale in-store this week as well for $29.99. It's even in the weekly ad.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, picked it up earlier!

[quote name='imacjenn']Really? I only saw a coupon for the xBox version when I looked.

This is why I hate OP'ing. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Yeah they're on the next couple pages

This is tempting. My daughter is in love with this movie and is blowing through it on the DS. So, you figure......$30 - $10 (target coupon) - $3 (subway coupon) -5% if you us your Target Red card = approx. $16.

I'm sitting at 9 hours on Raptr and that's all but completing the game on hard. (rented it for the kids so they weren't about to start on hard and I didn't have time to run back through the game). As long as you start on hard you're looking at 7-8 hours plus maybe 1-2 to grind for money to "buy" the last one.

That one that requires you to buy all the upgrades in the game. There's no way you will make enough money in one run to do that so you have to replay the final level a handful of times to get it. There's also collectibles to find so you figure on missing one here and there and replaying a few of the levels and yeah, about 8-9 hours. :)

playing this myself (i've got a softspot for Pixar games). It's actually really well done. You have 4 elemental effects that each enemy is weak to and you have to toggle between them as you face foes. Those elemental forces are also used to trigger doors, platforms, etc so you have to switch them a lot. There is also a really deep skill upgrade menu. My only complaint is that on Brave (hardest) the boss fights are ridiculously harder than the rest of the game.

From the last post, I take it that the ticket the game comes with is not one of those you can give right to the theater, but have to register online first? Then I will have to make a run into Target during my lunch tomorrow, instead of after work. This deal should work out greatly for my pre-holiday tradition of staying in town to watch a movie, instead of being stuck in highway traffic all night long during the drive home.

[quote name='DeskLaser']From the last post, I take it that the ticket the game comes with is not one of those you can give right to the theater, but have to register online first? Then I will have to make a run into Target during my lunch tomorrow, instead of after work. This deal should work out greatly for my pre-holiday tradition of staying in town to watch a movie, instead of being stuck in highway traffic all night long during the drive home.[/QUOTE]

The movie code is worth up to $8 and is redeemable through Hollywood Movie Money. It can only be used for Brave, no other movies. Expires 8/31/12.

[quote name='VexxedCS']If anyone wants my movie cash code PM me, not gonna use it. :) Edit: Gone[/QUOTE]

Damn missed it, if anybody has extra and don't want it hit me up please:bouncy:

[quote name='nbballard']playing this myself (i've got a softspot for Pixar games). It's actually really well done. [/QUOTE]

Pixar games have gotten much better than usual for licensed games. I'd consider this if I didn't already have such an uncompletably huge backlog.

[quote name='morrodox']Pixar games have gotten much better than usual for licensed games. I'd consider this if I didn't already have such an uncompletably huge backlog.[/QUOTE]

Cars 2 and Toy Story 3 are both good games. They both have good presentation, graphics and gameplay.

IMHO the Brave games are Meh.
The gameplay is OK (shallow and repetitive), but the overall presentation is lacking and the amateur graphics look like a bad Ps2 game.
The Robotron-like controls are nice, but the 2 player co-op sucks as the other player can only choose to play as a Wisp.

The are many better games to play than this.
Buy this game, keep the movie ticket, and trade it into BeastBuy for $27 credit and use the credit to buy Ratchet and Clank All-For-One for $10.

Just picked two up one for the wii and the other 360. Gonna keep the wii one and trade the other back to bb. Plus I got the two movie ticket vouchers! The coupons scanned no problem. Also while I was there, I spotted Tiger Woods PGA tour 13 labeled as 19.99 but it rang up at 59.99, but they just changed it to the advertised price! Thanks again op

For those of you who picked up the Subway coupon, was it included in the Kid's Meal? I asked my local Subway today if they had any coupons and they gave me for free a Brave lunch bag and in it was only a code to see if I won a movie ticket (I didn't) and a code for the website to unlock the games on their site. No $3 coupon at all.

[quote name='spideymike']For those of you who picked up the Subway coupon, was it included in the Kid's Meal? I asked my local Subway today if they had any coupons and they gave me for free a Brave lunch bag and in it was only a code to see if I won a movie ticket (I didn't) and a code for the website to unlock the games on their site. No $3 coupon at all.[/QUOTE]

I went to two different Subways. The first one gave me a code and the second had the coupon.

I bought the game today got it for $20 no problem but the game is meh at best. Graphics are terrible to say the least and look like an Xbox one game. Gameplay is OK its a hack and slash. $20 is about right for a short game but I hope to trade it in at BB before the 100% is over. I actually will make $5 profit.

And I have a free movie ticket. :)

[quote name='flix1']No in-store PS3 coupon, that I could find.

I don't see a PS3 coupon at the link posted here.[/QUOTE]

Yes. Very odd, indeed. I have that coupon. Printed it today. They took it off of there. 1 Target didn't have the game, said another did. They didn't have it, either. :roll:

Does anyone know what the trade-in value at GS is for this? I couldn't find it listed in the trade-in tracker.

[quote name='imacjenn']Does anyone know what the trade-in value at GS is for this? I couldn't find it listed in the trade-in tracker.[/QUOTE]
I just called my local gamestop, and they gave me a quote of $13 base for the 360 version.

[quote name='jgressley']I just called my local gamestop, and they gave me a quote of $13 base for the 360 version.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got a base of $12 today, but there was some (unadvertised?) bonus on trades (40-50%?), so I ended up getting $20.80 w/PUR. That's fine with me, since I paid $20 for it and got the $8 ticket out of it - and played it all the way through.

It's not a bad game to play - graphics are bad, but gameplay is decent and fun and it's pretty quick (sometimes it's nice to breeze through a game in 6-7 hours!) and gives easy achievements.

I know I could have gotten more at Best Buy, but the BB near me doesn't take trade-ins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back