NHL 13 Xbox/PS3 $44.99 Toys R Us FS

Great find, OP! Best price I've seen so far. I'm wondering if I should wait for a potential Amazon pricematch, since I have prime and free 2-day shipping.

[quote name='SirChadlyOC']Great find, OP! Best price I've seen so far. I'm wondering if I should wait for a potential Amazon pricematch, since I have prime and free 2-day shipping.[/QUOTE]

Submit the TRU price to Amazon to increase the chances that they match it.

[quote name='kevgret']amazon has matched NCAA and Madden from TRU so if we bombard them with a price match they will do it..[/QUOTE]

When did they match the price for Madden?

It seems to be that EA Sports games can go as low as $40 ($60 + $20 off future coupon) for pre-orders, but once they come out, they usually stay at $60 for about 3-6 months. They hold their value pretty well for 9 months, compared to most VG releases.

[quote name='DomLando']When did they match the price for Madden?[/QUOTE]

Amazon did a $59.99 with a $15 credit... which is a roundabout way of doing a $45 price match.

I'm amazed this game is still that high. It's 2 months and 9 days away from the next release. If it were me, I'd wait and buy 13, especially if you're going to play online,since everyone has such a huge head start it can get frustrating.

Screw Amazon.
Ordered one from TRU. They could use the business, plus they came up with the deal in the first place.
I hate that 'submit a price match and wait crap'
It's like your doing their job for them. If I'm going to take my free time to sit down and alert you about another company's deal, you'd better BEAT the price , not just match it.

[quote name='Flacksguy']Screw Amazon.
Ordered one from TRU. They could use the business, plus they came up with the deal in the first place.
I hate that 'submit a price match and wait crap'
It's like your doing their job for them. If I'm going to take my free time to sit down and alert you about another company's deal, you'd better BEAT the price , not just match it.[/QUOTE]

This is the new amazon business model. People send the PM for the tax savings and fast shipping.

When is the last time Amazon came up with a decent price/promotion on their own? I buy more things from AWD than amazon now...

[quote name='Sizemore44']I'm amazed this game is still that high. It's 2 months and 9 days away from the next release. If it were me, I'd wait and buy 13, especially if you're going to play online,since everyone has such a huge head start it can get frustrating.[/QUOTE]

Hmm? You realize the thread is about the NHL 13 preorder right? Not last years release.

Very VERY tempting. How reliable is TRU getting games on release dates? Through shipping I mean. May just hold out and Stanley Cup Edition if I can preorder it at my local Gamestop.

[quote name='Lamboski']Very VERY tempting. How reliable is TRU getting games on release dates? Through shipping I mean. May just hold out and Stanley Cup Edition if I can preorder it at my local Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Someone quoted you would see it a week later. Not sure if these are SHOPRUNNER eligible for those with the free 2-day shipping.

I don't really see much benefit in the Stanley Cup Edition this year.

[quote name='doubledown']

I don't really see much benefit in the Stanley Cup Edition this year.[/QUOTE]

Nor do I.
Those Ultimate Team things do nothing for me. I do like the cover better, but not $20 better.
Best Buy should still be giving $24 toward 12, so the cost to upgrade really isn't that bad right now.

tempting, but i am a big HUT fan. so holding out for the Stanley Cup edition, and the Gamestop pre-order HUT bonus.

[quote name='KENFL0']Tempting... I know that it's gonna be $40 on black Friday.[/QUOTE]

Whoa.....you can see the future.

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Locked in a preorder, figure if Amazon or BB matches I'll just switch there no hassle. I'll gladly pay the extra $5 to own it for a month before the $40 sale price

Put in a pre-order for the PS3. I am a big fan of the NHL games but skipped 12.
Really looking forward to 13...if only Giroux wasn't on the cover.

bread's done
Back