$5 off pre-owned product $9.99 or more when you convert your Game Informer to digital

Mugatu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
https://www.poweruprewards.com/PUR/Index/TabletGiveaway

* Coupon will be placed in your PowerUp Rewards Active Offers within 7-10 business days.

You also get entered to win a tablet - says they're giving away one every day.

Not sure if worth it, easier to read the print magazine on the toilet than with a laptop or a tablet IMO but just in case anyone was interested.

I wonder if you could get the coupon and then convert back LOL?

PS. Obviously you have to be a paid PUR member for this but you might also get this if you're a new customer and sign up straight to digital.

I quit going to gamestop since best buy is almost always cheaper. game informer never has anything good in them anyway.

[quote name='usrevenge']I quit going to gamestop since best buy is almost always cheaper. game informer never has anything good in them anyway.[/QUOTE]
i never read @gamer or game informer. converted @gamer to digital so i can get my coupons faster. may as well leave game informer snail mail since there aren't any coupons in there.

[quote name='Geco17']If I were to use this coupon, would it stack with $5 off any pre owned and a B2G1 free coupon as well?[/QUOTE]

It's highly unlikely...

[quote name='TheHelix']Can you switch to digital and then switch back to print get the coupon?[/QUOTE]

This is the important question :applause:

[quote name='Woocls']I wonder how long before the mail version is done away with entirely...[/QUOTE]

Sigh, probably far far too soon. :(

Damn this generation and their digital air....

I remember when this magazine was worth reading...

Eventually I realized there was something wrong with 90% of games reviewed getting a 9.25 though.

I remember when I had Game informer magazine it was useless because I didn't have a PS3 at the time so everything reviewed and talked about I had no way of owning. But now I would consider a Popular Mechanics magazine.. & Playstation Magazine is useless because it offers nothing like demos due to PSN.

[quote name='wasurenai']Not worth five bucks to give up my toilet reader.[/QUOTE]

Been my toilet material for far too long to give it up now!

[quote name='tuffguycore']Been my toilet material for far too long to give it up now![/QUOTE]

Same. The magazine gods took Blender from me im not giving this one up just yet.

I don't like the mag but I am a sucker for physical shit with pretty covers. Game Informer has beautiful covers, I've even framed some. I more or less don't even open them anymore.

I like the magazine even though the reviews gravitate toward the high end. But that doesn't mean they don't have value. They also have better exclusive stories than anyone in the print or online world.

I went digital about three months ago and wasn't thrilled initially with the Web-based format, but they added an iPad version last month that looks nice and also allows you to click on photos and videos, something you couldn't do before on the iPad. They also just added a version for Android devices.

The funny thing for me is that with the iPad I'm now much more interested in reading magazines than ever before. No more clutter and things look very nice on the new iPad, plus your back catalog is only a download away.

They automatically switched me when I renewed my subscription. Haven't read it since, because I haven't bothered setting it up. You have to link your account and do all this other BS. While I do like reading news online, reading it in a magazine format is cumbersome. Would rather have it laid out in a blog style format or just get a physical magazine. Was really annoyed at first, but pretty much stopped caring.

I would be so much more willing to get on board with digital formats if companies would recognize that they should cost less. Yes, they still have to pay the writers, subjects, etc (though ads are supposed to help with that too). But there's no manufacturing or distribution costs at all. Instead, they use it as a way to cut corners and increase profit, and pretend that we're too dumb to notice. I 100% understand the reasoning for going digital, but at least be honest about it.

Thanks for the heads up. Just renewed PUR in-store during the B2G1, and the guy offered to sign me up for the digital version. Glad I passed on it then - a free coupon is worth the hassle of something I barely glance at anymore anyway.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I would be so much more willing to get on board with digital formats if companies would recognize that they should cost less. Yes, they still have to pay the writers, subjects, etc (though ads are supposed to help with that too). But there's no manufacturing or distribution costs at all. Instead, they use it as a way to cut corners and increase profit, and pretend that we're too dumb to notice. I 100% understand the reasoning for going digital, but at least be honest about it.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, 100%. $5 coupon on used (which drives business to the store and would come off of your most profit friendly product, anyway) would be a good start.

That being said, Gamestop isn't competitive. For the 1st time since the late 90's I haven't even made the $15 investment back.

[quote name='Tygamr']They automatically switched me when I renewed my subscription. Haven't read it since, because I haven't bothered setting it up. You have to link your account and do all this other BS. While I do like reading news online, reading it in a magazine format is cumbersome. Would rather have it laid out in a blog style format or just get a physical magazine. Was really annoyed at first, but pretty much stopped caring.[/QUOTE]
Same here in March, without my knowledge. After noticing I didn't get my issue the next month I inquired on my next GS visit. Told me that they will automatically switch you to digital when you renew unless you specifically ask to stay getting the print version. Told me to go on the mag site and fill out the form to switch back. Never did since I barely read them anyway. Fill out the form to switch back to print today and will switch back to digital before this promo ends.

[quote name='officerrickyross222']lol am i the only who likes the magazine ?[/QUOTE]

Kind of.

I do enjoy reading it and some of the exclusives they have but the level of writing bothers me, some of it is written by a third grader while others seem to try hard to throw in big words. The reviews can be OK but I usually take them with a grain of salt as I rarely agree but that's usual with me.

Also, I understand they must get a lot of hate mail and they're trying to be funny but it has always bothered me how rude they are to just about everyone who writes them a letter. Just overall they don't seem to be that professional and appreciative considering they have pretty cool jobs.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I would be so much more willing to get on board with digital formats if companies would recognize that they should cost less. Yes, they still have to pay the writers, subjects, etc (though ads are supposed to help with that too). But there's no manufacturing or distribution costs at all. Instead, they use it as a way to cut corners and increase profit, and pretend that we're too dumb to notice. I 100% understand the reasoning for going digital, but at least be honest about it.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

what really bugs me is when companies talk about how you'd help them go green and save the environment - BS, they just want to cut costs. Don't lie, just tell me, it's not shocking that companies care about money, it's not like anyone would be surprised at this.

[quote name='Mugatu']Also, I understand they must get a lot of hate mail and they're trying to be funny but it has always bothered me how rude they are to just about everyone who writes them a letter. Just overall they don't seem to be that professional and appreciative considering they have pretty cool jobs.[/QUOTE]

The way they respond doesn't seem any different than the writers for other video gaming magazines. I've read several, and they all seem to make snarky, sarcastic comments or jokes at the expense of the sender- unless the letter is about something that really resonates with them/they agree with, or something that they never thought about before, something that opened up their eyes. Nintendo Power comes to mind. When I used to read it, they would constantly make jokes that were very hit-or-miss.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Same. The magazine gods took Blender from me im not giving this one up just yet.[/QUOTE]

Sad day in my world as well, I understand.

[quote name='Sepatown Tippie Tais']I did this for free just so they would stop filling my trash. Boo.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I'm not even reading these anymore so this is a good deal for me. I can filter and get a free $5 off coupon.

Can someone post a link that takes me to where I can see what kind of subscription I currently have?

Why are you people throwing your magazines away right after reading them? Do your libraries not take them?

Such a waste. I lived off of 10 cent magazines in the pre-broadband days.

Wait there's a non-digital form of game informer? I'm sorry but I'm not going to read a digital magazine which is why I was pissed I didn't got with best buys reward program.

I don't understand why GS will automatically sign you up for digital. They need to realize that some people are always on the computer at work and don't feel like looking at a damn screen again once they get home just to look at a magazine.

[quote name='Vap']I don't understand why GS will automatically sign you up for digital. They need to realize that some people are always on the computer at work and don't feel like looking at a damn screen again once they get home just to look at a magazine.[/QUOTE]

It's vastly cheaper and most people don't actually read the magazine anyway regardless of form.

bread's done
Back