- - - - -

Ni no Kuni Wizard edition fs @ club namco store

#751 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   8443 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:14 AM

Valid problem. Personally, I didn't order because I know I wont be in the same location at launch, and I just didnt feel like dealing with all that hassle of changing my order and hoped some other retailer would get it.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#752 wolverine81   Mmm Mmm Bitch! CAGiversary!   201 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

wolverine81

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:18 AM

Yep, moderate amounts of debt ;)

You can have a credit card and not have debt. You just have to pay it off every month. That way you don't see interest charges, but you can still earn cash back, rewards, etc.

#753 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   8443 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:20 AM

I know, I was just making a joke. I just don't have one myself because i rarely shop online at the moment, and dont have many expenses.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#754 wolverine81   Mmm Mmm Bitch! CAGiversary!   201 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

wolverine81

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:23 AM

I know, I was just making a joke. I just don't have one myself because i rarely shop online at the moment, and dont have many expenses.

That's cool. For what it's worth, if you are good about paying your bills and have a stable income, paying everything with a credit card is a great way to make some money back. As long as you still pay it off monthly. Never carry a balance.

#755 C56789   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   20 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:29 PM

I hated that full credit charge they did during the pre-order period. I originally was going to use my debit card to order this since I don't use credit cards in general. I didn't have the money at the time but I was going to spend the next 6 months saving up for it. But instead of doing a reasonable test charge of maybe$2-$5 they do a charge for the full amount and I ended up getting a call from the fraud company about the charge. I ended up asking my mom to use her credit card to order this. If it wasn't for that I couldn't have pre-ordered this edition. Now all I hope for is the card to work on release day without any problems. I'll be keeping an eye on it the day before it releases.

#756 Blaster man  

Blaster man

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

It's hard to get the best rates on car and home loans without not just good credit but also adequate credit.

#757 UltimateIdiot911   Have a nice tragedy! CAGiversary!   443 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

UltimateIdiot911

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

You should get one, it helps build credit (in some instances, I've heard certain companies actually check your credit score before hiring). Also, as long as you pay them within the month of the statement, no interest. Plus you get reward which means money back. Also, a lot safer to use than a debit card.

#758 YBX87   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   12049 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

And that's why I know so many people my age that have insane amounts of various debt.

And good point Vinny. I just really hate our market's here <_<, generic shooter #1000 sells hundreds of thousands of copies, and a good RPG struggles to barely make any profit.

i agree with the point of the generic shooter #1000, lol i wonder how long activision will stay in business, without cod

#759 sengar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   262 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

Also, a lot safer to use than a debit card.

Aside from the cashback incentives, this is a big reason I use credit cards for absolutely everything that I can. CCs are much better insulation against fraud and billing errors than a debit card, since you aren't out any actual money for even a brief period of time, in the event something happens. Not to mention the asshole companies that place a hold on the full amount of an item for preorders. I usually don't even carry a debit card on me, unless I need to make a stop at the ATM.

Even discounting cashback and promotional incentives, though (which can really add up), having a good credit history that goes back more than a year or two can save thousands on home and auto loans down the road.

On an unrelated note, I notice that Amazon.it has the Wizard Edition available for preorder, and unlike the German version doesn't appear to have foreign language box art. I doubt I'm going to bite unless more US versions go up for sale, but I thought that might be of interest to some.

#760 boraaa   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   72 Posts   Joined 2.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

just preordered through amazon.it, cost was 87,65 euro with shipping, or $115.57 for wizard edition

#761 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   8443 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

You should get one, it helps build credit (in some instances, I've heard certain companies actually check your credit score before hiring). Also, as long as you pay them within the month of the statement, no interest. Plus you get reward which means money back. Also, a lot safer to use than a debit card.

I plan to get one soon, though I don't have a full time job at the moment. So I was just waiting till my finances are stable enough to actually make use of one.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#762 cakefoo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   119 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:47 PM

Anyone who did my method of calling Namco to change billing info, I don't think they're going to do it afterall. The latest rep tells me they can cancel the order and place a new order, even though it's sold out. At this point it seems to be the only option left.

#763 JAlbertL   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   525 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:33 AM

Anyone who did my method of calling Namco to change billing info, I don't think they're going to do it afterall. The latest rep tells me they can cancel the order and place a new order, even though it's sold out. At this point it seems to be the only option left.

What!? I have to call tomorrow. What did you end up doing?

#764 Domo7   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   226 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:34 AM

Im also a little worried because I called on Thursday to change my credit card and have not gotten an email yet (unless they don't send emails on Sundays or something)

Did you ever get an email?

Edited by Domo7, 07 January 2013 - 04:30 AM.

#765 JAlbertL   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   525 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

Im also a little worried because I called on Thursday to change my credit card and have not gotten an email yet (unless they don't send emails on Sundays or something)

Did you ever get an email?

I changed my billing information on Tuesday last week. I called back today and was told they could no longer make changes to that order. The only option was to cancel and place a new order. I was told, not at all convincingly, that even though it was sold out I would receive my copy.

I placed my new order and received my new order confirmation email.

It is BS that this got moved to this forum. Had it not been for this thread I would have certainly lost my order I placed six months ago. Also, judging by the most recent comments it is a lot of us that had the same problem.

#766 Tsukinikawatte   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1120 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Tsukinikawatte

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

WTF, how is this sold out. They saif the more people that ordered the more they would add to this when was there ever a mention of the max amount of quantity being sold?
Items from the other man in Japan! dv8CAG.com
Posted Image

#767 JAlbertL   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   525 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

Yeah I think that was to promote the game. That they're letting people place new orders means that they have a comfortable amount of stock beyond the preorders. I hope.

#768 Tsukinikawatte   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1120 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Tsukinikawatte

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

You can't place a new order on the site though, eitherway its BS. Did you see how many A-holes have them up for sale on ebay yet again? This is sooo stupid I was going to place an order and it was available two days ago, i check yesterday and its gone. I was getting it for my b-day. Well, now If I can't get one... I guess I just have to decide If I ever want to order from Namco again..

Xenosaga is over so it's not like namco put out any games aside from Naruto, lol.
Posted Image

#769 Callidus   Collectaholic CAGiversary!   1291 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago   Has been playing Mario Kart 8
Wii U

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:56 PM

I changed my billing information on Tuesday last week. I called back today and was told they could no longer make changes to that order. The only option was to cancel and place a new order. I was told, not at all convincingly, that even though it was sold out I would receive my copy.

I placed my new order and received my new order confirmation email.

I just did the same thing. Asked to speak to a supervisor after the first rep told me she couldn't do anything. The supervisor said she could go into their back end and place a new order, despite the fact that it was sold out.

My original order was for 2 copies. When she tried to place the re-order, she said that there was a limit of one per order (which there wasn't on the regular front end site, obviously). She got around that by placing two separate re-orders for me.

I'm hoping the fact that there was a quantity limit on her attempted re-order means that this is from a back-up allocation and I actually receive them. I did get both order confirmation e-mails as well.

Despite all of that, I'm placing a back-up order through Zavvi. I'm not going to hold my breath on Digital River getting all of this right.

As a former supervisor at a major e-commerce sourcer, it boggles my mind that they can't do something as simple as change a payment method.

37970.png
My Game Collection

Switch to DISH and get a $100 pre-paid gift card and $50 off your first bill with one of the Refer a Friend codes below!

VCD0012429067       VCD0012429059           VCD0012429075

#770 Tsukinikawatte   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1120 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Tsukinikawatte

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

The site updated with a new style, so yea the deal is dead. Another false advertisement. that's it, I'm buying used, I may hate gamestop, but I hate publishers who lie even more.
Posted Image

#771 JAlbertL   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   525 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

I was hoping to avoid placing an extra order for the EU version. Now I don't know.

#772 Domo7   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   226 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

Well I called and did the same thing as scott_matthews, the first lady I got was able to do it.
I also received a new order number and email confirming my new order/cancelled old one.

The woman on the phone was named Allie and was very kind and helpful.

Hope this works!!

#773 cgxcswim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   592 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

WTF, how is this sold out. They saif the more people that ordered the more they would add to this when was there ever a mention of the max amount of quantity being sold?

I don't see how I'm the only one that figured the end of the ninostarter was the end of preorders, it was kinda obvious. They had to cut-off preorders by a certain date in order to safely manufacture those preorders by launch, simple as that. Noone is still ordering them from namco, people who had placed orders but have billing/shipping issues are getting it fixed by create a new order which will be able to be fulfilled since the previous order will be cancelled.

#774 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   19757 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

You can't place a new order on the site though, eitherway its BS. Did you see how many A-holes have them up for sale on ebay yet again? This is sooo stupid I was going to place an order and it was available two days ago, i check yesterday and its gone. I was getting it for my b-day. Well, now If I can't get one... I guess I just have to decide If I ever want to order from Namco again..

Xenosaga is over so it's not like namco put out any games aside from Naruto, lol.

The site updated with a new style, so yea the deal is dead. Another false advertisement. that's it, I'm buying used, I may hate gamestop, but I hate publishers who lie even more.

I'm kinda confused as to what you're referring to. What was available just two days ago? And I don't see any updates to the site...

The Wizard Edition sold out months ago, they just left up the pre-order page for information/pictures only.

Currently playing: 

:ps4: Last of Us Remastered - :applause: 

fyreboltx.png

║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#775 prateeko   IN THE BUTT! CAGiversary!   2262 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:34 PM

Need some help guys. I'm abroad and lost my wallet (or had it picked, who knows). I had 2 CCs in there and no cash so I cancelled those immediately but I am almost certain one of the CCs that's been canceled was used to order the Wizard's edition in September. :(

I'll be back in the states on Monday. Any suggestions in the interim? Billing and shipping will stay the same. I'll call Amex and see if the charge will still go through and try and see if by some miracle I didn't put it on the one credit card I left back in the hotel safe, but I figure I gotta plan for the worst now...

#776 prateeko   IN THE BUTT! CAGiversary!   2262 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

Well I def used the card that's just been replaced. Whats the number to call? I need to keep my billing and shipping the same but need to change the credit card number...

Fuck me

#777 Domo7   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   226 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

Well I def used the card that's just been replaced. Whats the number to call? I need to keep my billing and shipping the same but need to change the credit card number...

Fuck me

(952)392-2057

Your prob not gonna be able to change it on your old order but they will be able to order a new one for you. Just keep calling until you get someone who can do it or ask to speak to a supervisor.

#778 prateeko   IN THE BUTT! CAGiversary!   2262 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

Thanks. I just checked and pre ordered the guide from amazon With the old card number (the new card appears to have stupidly sent back to the states where I won't be for a week). Should I try a test order with the old card since it still works online or are people having luck calling? I just don't want to lose my preorder since I'm really pumped for this (even got the special edition PS3 from Japan Amazon via a friend living in Japan) and dunno which way to go, especially since I can't call them till the 14th when I get back...

#779 Boss   Bowser the Great CAGiversary!   1734 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:07 AM

http://www.gametrail...e-witch-preview

May have spoilers!

GameTZ -- Ebay

#780 diazt350   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   553 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:52 AM

Guys do you recommend that I call and see if I can make a new order with a different card?
I really want this and well honestly don't know what the hell to do right now seems like everyone is reordering theres but I don't want to risk that.
Posted Image
NNID:deathkwondo35
:3ds:-2964-8582-4635