[DEAD] New Super Mario Bros. 2, Kingdom Hearts 3D: DDD (3DS) $30 + FS @Newegg

BAH! How hard is it to change payment methods with a pre-order on Newegg? My banks switching debit cards a week after that day and the old ones won't work anymore.....last I remember PayPal couldn't be used for pre-orders!

Good prices on both games !

What the heck, I just ordered NSMB 2 the other day with the $10 off code because I didn't think they would offer a discount for it other than that since it's published by Nintendo. I would've ordered somethin else if that was the case like Persona 4 or another niche game.

You could use that for up to 20 games I believe. Plus, they don't charge in advance. You could still have pre ordered whatever all you wanted.

It's like no one stays King of the Deals Hill for long. a Year or two ago it was all about Amazon's pre-order credits and K-Marts deals. Now new egg is knocking deals out of the park left and right, K-Mart deals are barely anything to sneeze at, and Best Buy is having the good deals.

In any case that's a mighty fine price. I'm thinking of getting a 3DS XL so I may pre-order this. Though, I know my time is going to be more limited by the time this comes out and I already have other stuff pre-ordered so maybe I should hold off for a bundle deal or something.

[quote name='boogie4114']What the heck, I just ordered NSMB 2 the other day with the $10 off code because I didn't think they would offer a discount for it other than that since it's published by Nintendo. I would've ordered somethin else if that was the case like Persona 4 or another niche game.[/QUOTE]

Unless you pre-ordered the max of 25 titles there shouldn't have been a reason why you didn't pre-order NSMB 2 and Persona 4.

If you did pre-order 25 titles then you shouldn't be upset because you're never going to have time to play NSMB 2 or Persona 4.

I've never pre-ordered from newegg, do they charge your credit card now, and the charge goes away and then they charge you when it ships?

sorry i just noticed somebody already commented on this. :D

[quote name='ravens52bears54']I'm not a KH fan but my wife is. Is 3D turn based or real time action?[/QUOTE]

Real-time. Demo is on the 3DS eShop if you or your wife are interested.

Hey, I just realized that in 6 months, I'll be able to say the same thing, because by then my fiance and I will be married, and she likes KH and I don't.

Had 20 bucks credit there too, used it on Mario to get it for $10. Super sweet, thanks.

[quote name='plutoknight']BAH! How hard is it to change payment methods with a pre-order on Newegg? My banks switching debit cards a week after that day and the old ones won't work anymore.....last I remember PayPal couldn't be used for pre-orders!

Good prices on both games ![/QUOTE]

You can't. And unless you want to spend a half hour or more complaining to a CSR to try and get the promo code reapplied, don't count on getting the discount if you re-order. On top of that, you can't just cancel one item from a pre-order. You have to cancel the whole order and lose all your promo codes. Place orders individually and make sure you have a reliable card.

Mario games tend to take forever to price-drop, so unless Amazon matches this could be the lowest price we see for awhile.

[quote name='morrodox']Mario games tend to take forever to price-drop, so unless Amazon matches this could be the lowest price we see for awhile.[/QUOTE]

True, but Mario Tennis and Kid Icarus had really solid release week+ sales. Right around $30, I think. With this sale, I wouldn't be surprised if retail sees a similar sale.

[quote name='FatherChesz']You can't. And unless you want to spend a half hour or more complaining to a CSR to try and get the promo code reapplied, don't count on getting the discount if you re-order. On top of that, you can't just cancel one item from a pre-order. You have to cancel the whole order and lose all your promo codes. Place orders individually and make sure you have a reliable card.[/QUOTE]

I've been amazed at what a black hole Newegg customer service is for these types of issues. I've likely just been spoiled by Amazon over the years, but there seems to be a no-budging-tough-luck policy in place there that's a wee bit over the top.

I pre-ordered, but that 4-7 day wait for shipping might make me cancel

Besides, I bet that once the 3ds XL starts coming out for pre-order, there will be inevitable bundle deals, probably better than $10. Good thing I can always cancel!

[quote name='TotalHenshin']...
Hey, I just realized that in 6 months, I'll be able to say the same thing, because by then my fiance and I will be married, and she likes KH and I don't.[/QUOTE]

Same here...except my fiancée doesn't like most video games :(.

But I'm in for NSMB2! :)

[quote name='TotalHenshin']Real-time. Demo is on the 3DS eShop if you or your wife are interested.

Hey, I just realized that in 6 months, I'll be able to say the same thing, because by then my fiance and I will be married, and she likes KH and I don't.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the response.

Oh, and of course I'm in for NSMB2.

[quote name='Hyperlancer']Never pre-ordered from NE before. How close to the release date do you typically receive the game?[/QUOTE]

I pre-order from NewEgg all the time. Their usual "Free Shipping" promotion is 3-Day shipping. Of the 20+ games I've pre-ordered - all with Tuesday release dates - I'd say 3 have arrived in two days (Thursday), the rest have arrived on the third day (Friday).

If you must play a game Day 1, this would not work for you. I game on the weekends, and seldom on the weekdays, so this is perfect for me.

And your credit card is not charged until the order ships. :cool:

[quote name='FatherChesz']You can't. And unless you want to spend a half hour or more complaining to a CSR to try and get the promo code reapplied, don't count on getting the discount if you re-order. On top of that, you can't just cancel one item from a pre-order. You have to cancel the whole order and lose all your promo codes. Place orders individually and make sure you have a reliable card.[/QUOTE]That's not what I was told when I emailed Newegg's CS:

My email
[quote name='Vigilante']Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to place a preorder on a video game using a $12 off promotion, but the credit card available to me will expire before the item ships (sometime in 2013). I will automatically receive a replacement credit card about when my current card expires, but that will not occur until after the preorder promotion has ended. If I place the preorder with the to-be-cancelled card now, will I be able to have the card used to pay for the preorder changed through Newegg Customer Service once I receive the replacement credit card?

Thank you for your help.[/QUOTE]

Their response
[quote name='Newegg CS']Dear ------,

Thank you for contacting Newegg.

For your case, please kindly note that you can use your current credit card to pre-order and then you can call our phone center at 800-390-1119 during Monday - Friday: 05:30 AM - 05:30 PM PST to change the credit card number once you get your new credit card. Please kindly notice that the credit card information can only be changed before your order is authorized. Thank you for your understanding in advance.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please visit our FAQs page. If you still require any assistance, please feel free to reply directly to this email.

Thank you,

Abby
Newegg Customer Service[/QUOTE]Now, my replacement credit card (which I now have) has the exact same number as its predecessor--the one used for the preorder--but a different CVV2 number (the security code on the back), so I'm not sure if I need to contact the number for the phone center.

Nice, ordered NSMB. First time pre-ordering from Newegg. 4-7 day shipping kinda sucks, but I'm not too impatient, I can wait. Or if Best Buy ends up doing a comparable deal I may cancel and buy from there. We'll see. Thanks OP!

Was planning on getting this anyway, and for $10 less and no tax, it'd be silly to pass this up.

Being that I'm in PA, Newegg shipping from NJ is usually pretty fast. Average waiting time is around 2 days.

Definitely in on this. Just got a 3DS and NSMB2 is sure to be as good a game as any to test it out. Not to mention that first-party Nintendo retain their value pretty solidly for a few months after release, I'll flip this one as soon as I'm done with it.

That last sale on Newegg made me realize there are a lot more 3DS titles I'm looking forward too owning than I thought. I bit on this sale, I figure I can enjoy this title pretty quick and get most of my money back on a trade in.

bread's done
Back