PS3 - Homefront Ultimate Edition - ~$16 Shipped - TheHut.com

[quote name='kevgret']Does the "Ultimate Edition" include a better ending??[/QUOTE]

Or 8 hours more of the single player campaign?

AFAIK, it just comes with the two multiplayer DLC map packs.

Thanks for the post anyways OP.

The game is good, ending could've Been a bit more complete. I think they did that to do asequel. Multiplayer didn't really try out so can 't comment on it. Not much of a ultimate edition but thanks anyways op.
Oh and the only thing didn't like about the game was, one of the characters that talks allot sounded like Mr.garrison from south park.

[quote name='Borellius'] I think they did that to do asequel. [/QUOTE]

There's one in development right now, but it's not due until 2014.

[quote name='mblackwl']There's one in development right now, but it's not due until 2014.[/QUOTE]
i dont no if i will have much faith in the sequel considering THQ is having some financial problems and they sunk a ton of money in the first homefront, expecting a CoD killer of some sorts

If it's DLC it won't work on a US account, and this game is trash and not worth the time, regardless of the price. All that dev team does is try to make Battlefield games, and fail every single time!

if its not on disc, you can sign up a new user and make the country UK or one from EU or whatever and install the DLC, then log in on your normal account and access it.

if you have the NTSC disc only NTSC dlc will work, and same goes for PAL. but you can still play on your account, its like a game share.

this game had an amazing multiplayer, not sure how active it still is but I really loved the way some of the guns felt and the maps were a blast. My favorite gun was the k-volt, it melted fools.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']if its not on disc, you can sign up a new user and make the country UK or one from EU or whatever and install the DLC, then log in on your normal account and access it.

if you have the NTSC disc only NTSC dlc will work, and same goes for PAL. but you can still play on your account, its like a game share.

this game had an amazing multiplayer, not sure how active it still is but I really loved the way some of the guns felt and the maps were a blast. My favorite gun was the k-volt, it melted fools.[/QUOTE]

You've clearly never played Battlefield, the game this down syndrome clone was created to imitate. lol

[quote name='Zaku77']You've clearly never played Battlefield, the game this ... clone was created to imitate. lol[/QUOTE]

Honestly, MP (a year ago) was roughly on par with Battlefield 3 today. I liked Homefront's currency system for buying vehicles over the foot / spawn races in BF3. A HF match could get turned around by some thrifty player bringing a tank in at the right moment. I also appreciated HF's higher player count (32) on the 360 compared to BF3's 24.

That said, I've enjoyed both BF3 and HF about the same. I can't recomend a HF purchase today simply b/c I don't know how active its MP is.

HomeFront was a fun game I honestly don't think the MP was that bad just when it came out people where thick into COD and such so it kinda got left by the wayside..

[quote name='exaznkid']i dont no if i will have much faith in the sequel considering THQ is having some financial problems and they sunk a ton of money in the first homefront, expecting a CoD killer of some sorts[/QUOTE]

Its being developed by Crytek so personally I am interested even though I did not like the first one.

I finished the game a while back. The story is stupid. The game looks pretty bad but multiplayer graphics are terrible. I can see why crytek is contacted to do the next one. The single player game is reasonably enjoyable but not particularly memorable. It was fine but by no means great.

Single player was fun, graphics a little rough but otherwise I still enjoyed it. Its easy for people to rag on the game because its always compared to the big dogs CoD and BF. I read the forums on the net and people that love CoD hardly ever complain about the graphics- theyre not bad but they havent evolved much since MW (tweaking an aging engine doesnt count). I feel that just because a game has a few flaws doesnt mean it should be avoided. Yes the story was short and anti-climatic but I felt the same way about MW2. BF3 was also really short (but I enjoyed the story to that one much much better.) I never touch the multiplayer in these types of games anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Zaku77']You've clearly never played Battlefield, the game this down syndrome clone was created to imitate. lol[/QUOTE]

what a douchey thing to say. if karma was a real thing your children would be born with down syndrome.

that being said it has nothing in common with battlefield and homefront. the gameplay and system were totally different. sure they both have guns and vehicles....

if BF3 with all its addons was $16 shipped i would recommend that over homefront, but its not. and bad company 2 had so many bugs there were days I just couldn't play because their matchmaking wouldnt work, or my stats got temporarily reset to 1 and they never patched it.

I actually liked homefront. Short yes, but I think the story was good. The bus ride effected me, where most images in games don't.

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']Its being developed by Crytek so personally I am interested even though I did not like the first one.[/QUOTE]

chance of thq releasing homefront 2 is slim to none, if you keep up with the news of their fiancial woes/ demise

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']what a douchey thing to say. if karma was a real thing your children would be born with down syndrome.

that being said it has nothing in common with battlefield and homefront. the gameplay and system were totally different. sure they both have guns and vehicles....

if BF3 with all its addons was $16 shipped i would recommend that over homefront, but its not. and bad company 2 had so many bugs there were days I just couldn't play because their matchmaking wouldnt work, or my stats got temporarily reset to 1 and they never patched it.[/QUOTE]

I'm low on time, so I'm more speaking from an 'is this worth the minutes of your life' standpoint rather than value. Also, fear not, I'm not planning on having any kids!!

(Ironically, though, wishing my unborn children to have Trisomy 21 is FAR more douchey than me insulting a shitty video game!)

[quote name='exaznkid']i dont no if i will have much faith in the sequel considering THQ is having some financial problems and they sunk a ton of money in the first homefront, expecting a CoD killer of some sorts[/QUOTE]

crytek is making it, the game looks amazing.
THQ will survive for a while.

Homefront was an underrated game imo. it needed more multiplayer maps the problem was people got it and the game was advertised for single player, which anyone who knew the devs knew it would be a multiplayer focused game.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']what a douchey thing to say. if karma was a real thing your children would be born with down syndrome.

if BF3 with all its addons was $16 shipped i would recommend that over homefront, but its not. and bad company 2 had so many bugs there were days I just couldn't play because their matchmaking wouldnt work, or my stats got temporarily reset to 1 and they never patched it.[/QUOTE]

If Homefront had any similarties to another series, it would be Call of Duty, hands down. From the control style, to the set-piece level design, it certainly was 'inspired' by that series, at the very least. And actually, I thought it did it BETTER than the last 4 official CoD games, personally.
(Dat opening sequence on the bus!)

Anyhow, they did actually fix Bad Company 2's matchmaking (for PS3 anyway). I had sold my original copy just before Ultimate came out, and when I finally picked that up with one of those EA/Origin Facebook deals, it had GREATLY improved.

I actually played through Homefront during a free-weekend promo on Onlive, and had a freaking blast. I watched more MP matches than I took part in, but damn if it didn't look sweet. Great price, ty OP.

bread's done
Back