EBgames selling used games as new: UPDATED 5/12/04

redgopher

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://www.petitiononline.com/ebgamesp/petition.html

Have fun, kiddies. Let's take em down.

BTW, I'm not sure why the other topic was taken down instead of merged like the other one with a few meaningless posts, but here's the images again.

seal.jpg

disc.jpg

disc2.jpg

EBgames.com sent me a beat up used copy of NFL 2K3 instead of the new one I ordered. Not only that, but it's fraud to charge people $$ for a new copy and send an opened one. It's time to put an end to this.

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

And for those of you who... well.. who know the petition won't do shit, I give you:

http://www.livemarch.com/marchHome.jsp?marchID=31

The LiveMarch is essentially a gathering of testimonies of everyone who chooses to participate, logs each in a separate email and then at 12:05 on June 1, 2004 they will all be sent to EBgames.com email address, [email protected].

I hope this will curb their behavior to something a little more professional than ripping us off and committing fraud just to make a few extra bucks.

If you can, please contribute by writing a testimony of your own experience or simply a statement of disapproval.

Do you really think using this language will help? If you weren't sure to get ignored before, you are now.

Maybe it's time for another round of class action lawsuit? I bet it would go a lot faster this time.

[quote name='petition']Selling used or opened games as new is illegal and can be considered fraud.[/quote]

If you already know that, and it is true then why don't you sue them? It will acomplish a hell of a lot more than an online petition that no one important at EB will ever read let alone care about. :wink:

[quote name='redgopher']Heh. Usually a 19 year old college student doesnt have the money for lawyer fees. Maybe someday, tho.[/quote]

If you have a good case, and it is big enough you will be surprised how many lawyers would take up your case pro bono simply for the advertising.

That's what a class action lawsuit is for. Getting companies to stop acting this way even though no single customer's lost enough to sue.

The lawyers work on the case since they expect a percentage of the settlement.

Of course, EB already lost such a class action lawsuit on this very subject - but it seems once wasn't enough.

If you really want to do something about EB you should encourage everyone to document their cases of "opened as new" games, and when you get enough documeted cases find a lawyer who will file a lawsuit.

Thats on more for the "good Guys"

Signed! This just happened to me a week ago. I ordered mark of Kri new and it was really used! Scrathes finger prints and manual all mess up! What up wit dat?

Only one way to solve this really, head down to Ebgames.com's head quarters with the following:

1. Pitchfork (fer stabbin')
2. Fire (fer burnin')
3. Cups of tepid mule piss (fer flingin')

You need to change your comment on the pentition website. Also you should setup your own free geocities website to post the pictures to be linked to. I don't think CAG needs ebgames on this website. Also you need to post this on slash dot and fatwallet. You ONLY have 36 people signed up!

Class Action lawsuits... suck!!! The lawyers are the only ones who profit from the deal. Everyone gets screwed except for the lawyers.

[quote name='JimmieMac']Only one way to solve this really, head down to Ebgames.com's head quarters with the following:

1. Pitchfork (fer stabbin')
2. Fire (fer burnin')
3. Cups of tepid mule piss (fer flingin')[/quote]

I'll go. Only about a 30 minute drive for me to their main headquarters.

[quote name='Indiana']Class Action lawsuits... suck!!! The lawyers are the only ones who profit from the deal. Everyone gets screwed except for the lawyers.[/quote]

Tell that to my 13.86 check from the RIAA.

Why are any of you still shopping here???

If not for their once in a while, deals, they are just money raking, resellers.

First, you sell them a $50 game, for $15. Then, you buy it back at $40.

Then you pay retail prices for a game, that you can get for $5 less at BB, or any other store that price matches.
You get a used, resealed game, instead of that new one you just overpaid for, and then this,...?

Stop shopping there.

They are scam artists.

They cheat, lie, and steal from you. Yet, still, you return for more.

Were you all abused??

Do you like dysfunction??

Come on.

[quote name='Indiana']Class Action lawsuits... suck!!! The lawyers are the only ones who profit from the deal. Everyone gets screwed except for the lawyers.[/quote]

Don't be a jerk. The purpose of class action lawsuit is not to make the company's customers rich as much as to get the company to stop doing what it was doing.

[quote name='Wshakspear'][quote name='Indiana']Class Action lawsuits... suck!!! The lawyers are the only ones who profit from the deal. Everyone gets screwed except for the lawyers.[/quote]

Tell that to my 13.86 check from the RIAA.[/quote]

I received $13 from them as well. But they took $100's from me since I purchased 100s of CDs during those days. So, yes you still got ripped off!!!! The lawyers took a large portion of the money causing the victims to receive very little or in some cases NOTHING!

[quote name='drone8888']They are scam artists. They cheat, lie, and steal from you.[/quote]

Please explain. Except for the used-as-new, is there any other issue?

Specifically, how do they "steal" from you? And what "scam" are you referring to? Keep in mind that charging more than you are willing to pay is no scam.

[quote name='Scrubking'][quote name='petition']Selling used or opened games as new is illegal and can be considered fraud.[/quote]

If you already know that, and it is true then why don't you sue them? It will acomplish a hell of a lot more than an online petition that no one important at EB will ever read let alone care about. :wink:[/quote]

Suing is a pretty messy business.

[Signed.]

holy crap that really sux ass. of course, eb games won't even giv a crap about their customers. what kind of crap is that? giving craps to ppl who paid for a NEW game. talk about fraud. :x

-signed-

I've been saying this for a long time. Don't shop at EBGames. I hate to say that because I'm sure Cheapy gets a good cut from the numerous sales they have.

You are warned. You don't get new games even if you order them as such. That copy of NFL2k3 shouldn't even pass as used. More like crap.

I'd sign, but I don't shop there.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']It was a 3 dollar game. Yes you should be mad, but its not like they will not fix the problem[/quote]

They do not fix the problems! I called them about the junk dreamcast controller they shipped with the Dreamcast and they said I would have to ship everything back at my cost! Why would I pay $5 to ship it all back I might as well just go buy a controller from somewhere else. It was their fault so they should have paid return shipping charges.

Quick Question. Anyone who recieved a bum game...did it have the top sticker...you know the one with the name of the title of the game as well?

bread's done
Back