PS VITA UNIT 13 $19.99 NEW Gamestop

It looks tempting but the reviews on this seem lackluster. I'll save the money and hope GS is doing a new Vita deal every day since I managed to grab MK yesterday and then took advantage of the Atlus sale to get all 3 Persona ports for $35.

[quote name='shadow17x']It looks tempting but the reviews on this seem lackluster. I'll save the money and hope GS is doing a new Vita deal every day since I managed to grab MK yesterday and then took advantage of the Atlus sale to get all 3 Persona ports for $35.[/QUOTE]

No reason to hope, Gamestop is doing a Vita deal every day http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323992. So I guess I'm that guy that says this is a repost :). No offense OP.

Daily Deals:

Wednesday 7/4 ONLY:
MLB 12 Vita $19.99

Thursday 7/5 ONLY:
Unit 13 Vita $19.99

Friday 7/6 ONLY:
Reality Fighters Vita $14.99
Little Deviants Vita $14.99

Saturday 7/7 ONLY:
Mortal Kombat Vita $19.99

Sunday 7/8 ONLY:
Wipeout 2048 Vita $19.99

Saturday 7/9 ONLY:
Modnation Racers Vita $19.99​

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sharpeone']No reason to hope, Gamestop is doing a Vita deal every day http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323992. So I guess I'm that guy that says this is a repost :). No offense OP.
Daily Deals:

Wednesday 7/4 ONLY:
MLB 12 Vita $19.99

Thursday 7/5 ONLY:
Unit 13 Vita $19.99

Friday 7/6 ONLY:
Reality Fighters Vita $14.99
Little Deviants Vita $14.99

Saturday 7/7 ONLY:
Mortal Kombat Vita $19.99

Sunday 7/8 ONLY:
Wipeout 2048 Vita $19.99

Saturday 7/9 ONLY:
Modnation Racers Vita $19.99​
[/QUOTE]

Well that's convenient. I wonder if MLB and MK will be switching spots since MK was yesterday instead of the 7th. Anyone that can speak to the quality of the other games?

[quote name='shadow17x']Well that's convenient. I wonder if MLB and MK will be switching spots since MK was yesterday instead of the 7th. Anyone that can speak to the quality of the other games?[/QUOTE]

No, actually MLB was on sale yesterday only. Mortal Kombat is a deal of the week. Apparently they are just going to keep it at $19.99 the entire week.

Now for me to actually pick up a Vita...

[quote name='GaMeR_2007']^ So Unit 13 is only for today too then?[/QUOTE]

Yep, just for today. Hate I missed out on MLB 12 yesterday.

[quote name='Enuf']Same here I'm up to 8 vita games thanks to this sale $15 & $20 games w/5X RZ was too good to pass up. There's also alot of PS3/X360 drops that took place too.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=324324[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I debated stopping by Best Buy yesterday to price match the MLB 12, but just didn't want to go out in the heat :). Seriously considering picking up a Vita at BB with the $60 gift card included for Gamers Club members.

I think this is on topic but forgive me if you guys think it's not. How the heck can Sony expect us to buy the ridiculous memory cards (yes, I already did) and purchase downloadable games for 34.99 or 39.99 if we can buy the physical media this cheap?

Sony has to work with publishers to have digital sales. The more I have to change cards, the less I like my vita.

Having said all of that. I wanted to pop in a vita thread to let people know that I think Resistance is better than the reviews say. It's a 6.5 or so, but a relatively fun 6.5.

[quote name='shadow17x']It looks tempting but the reviews on this seem lackluster. I'll save the money and hope GS is doing a new Vita deal every day since I managed to grab MK yesterday and then took advantage of the Atlus sale to get all 3 Persona ports for $35.[/QUOTE]

Demo was good. Fun having a good dual stick shooter on a portable. The majority of user reviews are positive.

If anyone has this or is picking it up add me on psn for some co-op or score comparisons at king_of_kickz. Just put CAG on the headline.

This game is horrible. For the first missions "hey, cool! A handheld shooter!" After a couple hours. B-O-R-I-N-G

[quote name='ijustw1n']Demo was good. Fun having a good dual stick shooter on a portable. The majority of user reviews are positive.[/QUOTE]

Thats beause users review games after.a measly hour, where critics judge the entire game. User reviews.are.only good for other consumer products, like fans and vacuums. Too much famboyism and incomplete thoughts.in the video game realm. User review scores.FTL

[quote name='sukTHEfac']Thats beause users review games after.a measly hour, where critics judge the entire game. User reviews.are.only good for other consumer products, like fans and vacuums. Too much famboyism and incomplete thoughts.in the video game realm. User review scores.FTL[/QUOTE]

Sku, you have got to let go of some of that negative energy. People who are negative about everything all of the time are really tough to be around. For every 5 negative posts you make, you should really try to have at least one positive post. :D

[quote name='sukTHEfac']This game is horrible. For the first missions "hey, cool! A handheld shooter!" After a couple hours. B-O-R-I-N-G[/QUOTE]

I don't agree with that at all. I put 20-30 hrs into it and enjoyed every minute of the game. There is a good amount of content in the game. Even after you finish everything it is pretty fun running through levels again trying to find the best strategy to beat each mission. It isn't a perfect game, but it definitely deserves the positive reviews it has received. Well worth it at the $20 price point.

[quote name='sukTHEfac']Thats beause users review games after.a measly hour, where critics judge the entire game. User reviews.are.only good for other consumer products, like fans and vacuums. Too much famboyism and incomplete thoughts.in the video game realm. User review scores.FTL[/QUOTE]

You're right, critics are always right. :roll: They don't always base scores on a game fitting in with other versions, iterations, etc that skew reviews. The game is fun to me, its fun to a lot of its actual players who paid cash for it. That's enough for lots of folks.

[quote name='sharpeone']Yeah, I debated stopping by Best Buy yesterday to price match the MLB 12, but just didn't want to go out in the heat :). Seriously considering picking up a Vita at BB with the $60 gift card included for Gamers Club members.[/QUOTE]well depending on you BB credit you could really clean up on games when combining the GS deals & the $10 codes. Use the $40(another $10 comes in a month) in credit to drop the vita price then get a $60 GC back. Take the $60 GC to use on the 32 GB memory card you'll have the vita, games, larger memory & in 30 days a lotta RZ points to go forward.
Post # 11 breaks it down $310 for 14 games($22.XX per game)
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=324324

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']I don't agree with that at all. I put 20-30 hrs into it and enjoyed every minute of the game. There is a good amount of content in the game. Even after you finish everything it is pretty fun running through levels again trying to find the best strategy to beat each mission. It isn't a perfect game, but it definitely deserves the positive reviews it has received. Well worth it at the $20 price point.[/QUOTE]

It only is big in content in terms of numbers. However, after the tenth level you start to see how recycled the missions and levels are and how inconsistent the AI is. I have no clue.how you enjoyed 20-30 hrs.of it, but.more power to you. I can see some who may see it worth $20 though. Def not worth it at $40.

Then again, not the biggest Vita selection (if youre a launch buyer like me) so this might fill the huge gap

[quote name='ijustw1n']You're right, critics are always right. :roll: They don't always base scores on a game fitting in with other versions, iterations, etc that skew reviews. The game is fun to me, its fun to a lot of its actual players who paid cash for it. That's enough for lots of folks.[/QUOTE]

did I say that they are always right? Dont skew.comments. I said critic reviews, in general, are far more reliable than user.reviews. If you disagree, you obviously have never read Metacritic or Amazon game user reviews lol

[quote name='bgame2']Sku, you have got to let go of some of that negative energy. People who are negative about everything all of the time are really tough to be around. For every 5 negative posts you make, you should really try to have at least one positive post. :D[/QUOTE]

Youre right, I should give a positive opinion on games I dont like. I should just love every game. *rolls eyes*

[quote name='sukTHEfac']did I say that they are always right? Dont skew.comments. I said critic reviews, in general, are far more reliable than user.reviews. If you disagree, you obviously have never read Metacritic or Amazon game user reviews lol[/QUOTE]

Yes you did. Your entire post said critics review the whole game while users are fanboys and only reliable for vacuums. Thus you said critics reviews are right and users not.

Thanks for this. It's good to identify all dumbasses here who will from now on be ignored.

[quote name='ijustw1n']Yes you did. Your entire post said critics review the whole game while users are fanboys and only reliable for vacuums. Thus you said critics reviews are right and users not.

Thanks for this. It's good to identify all dumbasses here who will from now on be ignored.[/QUOTE]

You couldnt be more wrong. since when does "reliable" mean "right"?

Please ignore me. You'd be doing ME the favor :)

Just wanted to echo what a lot of people are saying - buy this. Game is fun, and designed for portability. The aesthetic is a generic, but it doesn't hurt the overall package.

[quote name='strait edge follower']After I take advantage of the 50% trade in promo at gamestop today ill have around 80 credits left so I might snag it. The demo wasn't bad :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the demo was great, because it works and all the concepts are great. But, demos can be very deceiving.

During the better Best Buy trade in bonus (100%!) I traded in Unit 13 fpr $23 haha. Best gaming decision of 2012 so far.

[quote name='Snake Eater']Will best buy match this?[/QUOTE]

I just got back from Best Buy where I price matched both Unit 13 and Mortal Kombat without a problem. Now just to buy a Vita :)

[quote name='sharpeone']I just got back from Best Buy where I price matched both Unit 13 and Mortal Kombat without a problem. Now just to buy a Vita :)[/QUOTE]

Did you have to show the GameStop ad?

[quote name='Snake Eater']Will best buy match this?[/QUOTE]I've been pm'ing all the vita deals except MLB just show the price on your smartphone they'll look it up too & possibly call to confirm stock.

I wish Amazon would match. All of the local Best Buys are showing out of stock and I would assume GS is probably the same with the exception of gutted copies.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I just got my copy. Some of my gamestops sold all of there copys in the morning so it looks like ill have to go there early when wipeout goes on sale[/QUOTE]

fyi: Wipeout is 20 at walmart today and has been for over a month.

[quote name='Josh1billion']$19.99 is exactly my price point for a Vita unit!

Oh wait...[/QUOTE]

glad i'm not the only one to double take on a misreading of the headline...haha

I grabbed it for $20 this morning and am enjoying it. The missions seem to be a great way to make it an on-the-go experience. Seems to be plenty of added value with daily missions, leader boards and online co-op. So far, so good.

[quote name='RiPPn']fyi: Wipeout is 20 at walmart today and has been for over a month.[/QUOTE]

I know but I'm using gamestop credit and by using credit I don't get taxed either :)

bread's done
Back