$60 STEELBOX Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 or $40 regular @ gamestop pre-order

Gimmick I think. They know this game has little chance to really impress. It does give Steel book lovers like myself time to think about whether or not this will be rare, and if so maybe pick it up. I don't think it will sell well, but they are hoping people like me bite just for the steel book. It is definitely working because I have absolutely no interest in this game and don't even really like war shooters at all.

My girlfriend bought me the first one for my birthday (steelbook edition even) on a whim. It's honestly just a terrible game, the only reason I've kept it around is because of the steelbook. If the game were halfway decent I'd really consider getting the second, but I don't think I can bring myself to get this even with the bulletproof steelbook :(

I liked the first one. This is going to confuse people, but the graphics were very dense. Trees galore with moving foliage. Reminded me of Crysis on PC density wise. You could shoot birds and power line cables and lights. Some big budget games skip little details like this.

I've seen the gameplay videos for this, and am not terribly encouraged. From the footage they've shown, it seems like they're going for a COD-style, linear and scripted gameplay experience. I was keeping a hopeful eye on this sequel since the first game came out, but I was and still am hoping for a more open, sandbox sort of sniper experience. If the whole game is just a COD clone with sniper rifles, then I won't be buying it.

[quote name='usrevenge']the last games were $40[/QUOTE]

And this game is $40 also, this is a sort of collector's edition. Also I can't believe people would pay $60 just to get a steelbook of a game that they know they won't like but I guess we all have our "things".

It's a Steelbook, not a STEELBOX. However, it's actually not just a Steelbook...

I'ts a Bulletproof Steelbook!

Sniper2SteelBook_LELG.jpg

The fine print in the JPG is too small to read, so I'm not sure if it includes the "this item is not actually bulletproof" clause. Better Call Saul right now in giddy anticipation of being shot through the book.

BetterCallSaul-Banner-New-560.jpg

NOT a toll-free number.

[quote name='Finch106']I liked the first one. This is going to confuse people, but the graphics were very dense. Trees galore with moving foliage. Reminded me of Crysis on PC density wise. You could shoot birds and power line cables and lights. Some big budget games skip little details like this.[/QUOTE]

Really i never knew that. i love those little details. will have to pick it up now. Thanks!
ghost

[quote name='Kerig']It's a Steelbook, not a STEELBOX. However, it's actually not just a Steelbook...

I'ts a Bulletproof Steelbook! [/QUOTE]It's a box made of steel
SteelBook metal box packaging
Gamestop Exclusive rifle - DSR 50 Caliber Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 soundtrack
Fascinating booklet A History of Sniping outlining the history of sniping, an overview on training methods, weapons, ammunition, tactics, and world distance shooting records

I'll just wait till it goes on discount like most of the special editions do. Thanks for the info though.

[quote name='Kerig']It's a Steelbook, not a STEELBOX. However, it's actually not just a Steelbook...

I'ts a Bulletproof Steelbook! [/QUOTE]

i wonder if this will save my life one day if i wear this underneath my shirt.

bread's done
Back