Disorganized list of features/changes for the Marketplace

Mobius Evalon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Being able to filter out matches by the user's last sign-in date. I find a lot of trades I would like to make, then go check the user's profile to see their last sign in date was months or years ago. I think if implemented, the default should be seven days.

Filtering out specific users. Not to call into question their past reliability for smooth trades, but some users apparently have every game in existence in their trade lists and all offers I make to them are ignored, despite sign-in dates occurring after the date of my trade requests. I find users like these listed as a match in nearly every game I've trawled the Marketplace for.

Users who have been banned should have their trade and wish lists nuked. Every once in a while I find a trade I want to make, then find a big fat "Banned" on the user's profile and immediately hit the back button, at the same time making me wonder why this data is still in the system.

I'd like to see a "reverse match" system. To attempt to explain how this would work:
The current system lists games from my wish list, and searches the marketplace for any users who have any of my trade list games in their wish list. Selecting games from this list gives me a list of people with that game in their wishlist, and I must then go to each individual person's trading page to see which games of mine they'd want.

A reverse match would list my trade list, and searches the marketplace for anyone who has my wish list games in their trade list. Selecting games from this list would list games I could trade it for, and selecting one of these would list users willing to make that trade. Basically, this would be a system of gauging the best trade I could make with a specific game. To give an example of a similar effect with the current system, if you only have one game in your trade list, using the "Matches" link would only display games you could trade that one game for.

When viewing the list of users for a game I can trade for, I would much prefer their last sign-in date appear instead of their joined date. Their joined date does not concern me in the least, but I check the last sign-in date of every person I intend to trade with, which involves clicking their username in the marketplace list, then clicking it again on the trade assist page. Saving two clicks to find out they were last on CAG in 2010 would be muchly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good post Mobius. I know I've posted about implementing a decay system added to logins to filter out inactive users and a similar reverse match system as well. I think these two additions would be great to the marketplace - glad they've been forwarded along.

"Hey I have a game to trade, what will people give me for it?" ... I like it.

I still stick to the trade forums and PMs for trading although I have been contacted through the Marketplace system (alerted by auto PMs).

I think there should be a way to initiate a "Marketplace" transaction outside of Marketplace. For example make a Marketplace-like Private Message or a link on a user's page that sends them a Marketplace offer.

My main issue with Marketplace is that it is for cataloged items and not really custom tailored for most CAGs. I would say the overwhelming majority of feedback left is Non-Marketplace Feedback. I wouldn't be surprised if there are more iTrader feedbacks than those from Marketplace.

I would also like for a way to review feedback I left for others and possible edit my Notes.

bread's done
Back