Bestbuy preorder discounts still

Well I think this is common knowledge, but thanks anyway. Also good on you for preordering Growlanser! High-five.

I did a bunch of preorders in store during the E3 $10 off plus 800 RZ point bonus event. Unfortunately this did not get linked to my RZ account, so I am having a brutal time getting the RZ points awarded. Have already bought one of the games (lollipop chainsaw) and 3 weeks later, including contacting customer service, I have heard nothing.

Just a heads up to all to make sure your preorder gets your RZ account info properly added.

[quote name='diskdocx']I did a bunch of preorders in store during the E3 $10 off plus 800 RZ point bonus event. Unfortunately this did not get linked to my RZ account, so I am having a brutal time getting the RZ points awarded. Have already bought one of the games (lollipop chainsaw) and 3 weeks later, including contacting customer service, I have heard nothing.

Just a heads up to all to make sure your preorder gets your RZ account info properly added.[/QUOTE]

Last year I preordered 10 games and applied my RZ number on the order. The games that shipped near to when I ordered got the 800 reward points, but then everything else I had to call in and have the 800 points goodwilled. Even the games 49 points wasn't showing up.
Some of the agents understood the problem and would just goodwill 849 points, but others it was like pulling teeth trying to get them to understand I preordered in July and the game didn't ship until November.
Best advice I can give for dealing with them is have the order number, RZ number, date of order, date of shipping and global contract id ready. The global id number from online orders never seems to match what they have in thei systems but they'll ask for it anyways. They often have to look it up manually based on the shipped date.
I'd just stay polite and patient, and if one of the agents tried to redirect me to best buys customer service I'd exlpain the issue isn't on their end and request the points be good willed.

Far as I can gather is preorders are problematic for the system if the order and release date are more than 30 days apart.
Or at least if it's a multiple item order with various release dates it mucks up something on their side.

This This year I did each game in its own preorder to see if that alleviates the issue a bit.

[quote name='irishcthulhu']Last year I preordered 10 games and applied my RZ number on the order. The games that shipped near to when I ordered got the 800 reward points, but then everything else I had to call in and have the 800 points goodwilled. Even the games 49 points wasn't showing up.
Some of the agents understood the problem and would just goodwill 849 points, but others it was like pulling teeth trying to get them to understand I preordered in July and the game didn't ship until November.
Best advice I can give for dealing with them is have the order number, RZ number, date of order, date of shipping and global contract id ready. The global id number from online orders never seems to match what they have in thei systems but they'll ask for it anyways. They often have to look it up manually based on the shipped date.
I'd just stay polite and patient, and if one of the agents tried to redirect me to best buys customer service I'd exlpain the issue isn't on their end and request the points be good willed.

Far as I can gather is preorders are problematic for the system if the order and release date are more than 30 days apart.
Or at least if it's a multiple item order with various release dates it mucks up something on their side.

This This year I did each game in its own preorder to see if that alleviates the issue a bit.[/QUOTE]

I did a bunch of online pre-orders individually.

For me it was the 3 I did in store. The sales rep had a ton of trouble getting the $10 off E3 discount to work, and had to go through the order a few times. Each pre-order was separate, but the RZ number did not get attached to any of the orders. This is the first time I've had troubles, so I take responsibility for not checking.

As for when the RZ points show, in the past they appear in pending status as soon as the game is purchased in full, not at the point of pre-order. But I have now purchased one of the games, and still nothing pending. I am sure with previous orders it didn't just appear on day 36, is was pending prior.

[quote name='diskdocx']I did a bunch of preorders in store during the E3 $10 off plus 800 RZ point bonus event. Unfortunately this did not get linked to my RZ account, so I am having a brutal time getting the RZ points awarded. Have already bought one of the games (lollipop chainsaw) and 3 weeks later, including contacting customer service, I have heard nothing.

Just a heads up to all to make sure your preorder gets your RZ account info properly added.[/QUOTE]
Adding the purchase to your RZ account with the code on the receipt didn't work? I haven't tried that method in a while but I used to use it.

[quote name='irishcthulhu']
Far as I can gather is preorders are problematic for the system if the order and release date are more than 30 days apart.[/QUOTE]
I've had a different experience, but I haven't seen this in a few months. In the past there have been several times where if the order date and ship date were over 34 or whatever # of days apart, they would immediately post my points to my account at the time of release with no wait period. This worked out for me pretty well with some games I had intended to return to the store, I got to keep those points. The RZ points system really needs work, it's been screwed up for years.

bread's done
Back