bullet time in movie and games...

Skyfall_007

CAGiversary!
Is it getting old? Most action movies and games are way too overdone with them and it gets old IMO after a while. Metal Gear twin snakes for example not that its a bad thing, they used a lot of what you would see in a Matrix movie.

It should be dead and buried already.

It has been way overdone and shouldn't be resurrected for a decade.

I've never played a game with it other than the first Max Payne. And I've never seen The Matrix, tried, but couldn't do it. So it's not getting old for me.

1stStickMovieb.GIF

[quote name='Scrubking']It should be dead and buried already.

It has been way overdone and shouldn't be resurrected for a decade.[/quote]

Yeah, you see bullettime-like effects in just about everything. I mean, I felt they overused it in the Matrix movies...and thats where this technique started.

Thats not really where the technique started, just when it became popular. I'll admit they revamped it and the technique turned out better than in previous uses, but they hardly invented it like everyone usually claims.

I don't think most developers think of the Matrix when they add in bullet-time effects in games. I mean, in a 3rd person shooter and various other games, it's just expected.

yeah, its being overused just like the whole 'morphing' thing was about 10 years ago. Now, you rarely see morphing anymore; i think Michael Jackson finally killed its coolness with his "Black or White" video....

It's a good effect but only when used sparingly, I dont think many movies of completly over used it but games can create the effect easier and they use it far more.

It's a fad, it'll go away as soon as something else comes around to take it's place.

Actually, you see morphing a lot more than you think. It's just not "Hey look at me! i'm morphin'!" stuff.

[quote name='Alpha2']It's a good effect but only when used sparingly, I dont think many movies of completly over used it but games can create the effect easier and they use it far more.

It's a fad, it'll go away as soon as something else comes around to take it's place.[/quote]

I agree sometimes developers/directors forget that a more subtle use of an effect is often much more effective. The bullet time in the first matrix was effective, Matrix Revolutions had quite a few unecessary bullet time scenes. There is one scene in particular where they slow down a bunch of cars going through a tunnel, there seemed to be no reason for the bullet time.

bread's done
Back