White Knight Chronicles II (PS3) $16, NCAA 13 $50, F.Fantasy XIII-2 $20 (360) @Newegg

[quote name='musha666']NCAA 13 is $45 at Amazon. So that isnt a deal.[/QUOTE]

How is that not a deal? It might not be the best deal, but it's still a deal.

yea for White Knight Chronicles II!
I almost brought it from play-asia yesterday but couldn't find a filler item to go with it.

Grabbed a copy, I thought this game would drop much faster in price than this (like the first game) so I dont want to miss out while it is this cheap.

Just ordered one with Shoprunner. Stoked it has the first one since I've been wanting to play it for a reason. Guess this will give me a reason to really play my PS3...

Nabbed one too. Has a Metacritic average score of 60...but the customer reviews there and in other places have been way more favorable. I'm a big Level 5 fan, and since Ni no Kuni doesn't come out until next year...and this being a great price considering it contains both games on the disc...it was a no-brainer for me.

Thanks OP! :D

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Contains the first WKC on disc right?[/QUOTE]

Yes but i believe it has no trophies, which is why I kept my disc copy.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Contains the first WKC on disc right?[/QUOTE]
This is what pushed it over the top for me. I've heard great things about the original so hopefully the "on disc" version is the improved version.

I have been waiting for this to drop below $20 so I definitely ordered, keep in mind its a good idea to get a new copy since there is an online code in the package.

Anyone who likes this game want to try to sell me on WKCII? I like RPG's but I heard this isn't Level 5's best entry... :cold:

I played about half-way through White Knight Chronicles before giving it back to my friend so I'm definitely in for both at $16.

My understanding is that the single-player is pretty much a fancy tutorial for multi-player but there's very much a story there which is driven by dialog and cut-scenes and so forth.

From what I played of the first; it isn't Level-5 at their best by any means but at $8 a pop who the hell cares. (assuming that you enjoy that style/pace of combat)

The gameplay seems similar to Final Fantasy XII or Infinite Undiscovery. Is that right? I liked the settings and characters in those games but hated, hated, hated the gameplay.

Online might interest me but I'd have to imagine that the community is small by this point and there wouldn't be any other newbies to play with.

[quote name='whitereflection']The gameplay seems similar to Final Fantasy XII or Infinite Undiscovery. Is that right? I liked the settings and characters in those games but hated, hated, hated the gameplay.

Online might interest me but I'd have to imagine that the community is small by this point and there wouldn't be any other newbies to play with.[/QUOTE]

With all the people jumping on board with it today(I saw it was also on the front page of SD), it's bound to have a decent amount of people starting fresh in the next couple of days. I know I'm curious about the online, though I'm usually a singleplayer guy.

I mean, I'd be more than willing to play with a fellow newb to figure the whole thing out haha

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']I played about half-way through White Knight Chronicles before giving it back to my friend so I'm definitely in for both at $16.

My understanding is that the single-player is pretty much a fancy tutorial for multi-player but there's very much a story there which is driven by dialog and cut-scenes and so forth.

From what I played of the first; it isn't Level-5 at their best by any means but at $8 a pop who the hell cares. (assuming that you enjoy that style/pace of combat)[/QUOTE]

Beware you'll have to start all over. Only WKC 1 save files of a completed story game can be carried over to 2. Anyone else has to start over with the improved version of 1 thats on the disc, or find a disc of 1 and finish the story mode.

Thanks OP. Just bought WKCII been keeping my eye on it for now after finishing the first one a long time ago.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Beware you'll have to start all over.[/QUOTE]

That was my plan anyhow but thank you for the warning.:D (I want to play with the enhancements and I'm pretty sure that savefile got eaten long ago)

Score! Finally getting this! I liked WKC1. It wasn't perfect or the best game ever but it was decent enough. The ending really left me wanting more.

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']I played about half-way through White Knight Chronicles before giving it back to my friend so I'm definitely in for both at $16.

From what I played of the first; it isn't Level-5 at their best by any means but at $8 a pop who the hell cares. (assuming that you enjoy that style/pace of combat)[/QUOTE]
I'm ok with a short rpg. I don't have time for the genre like I did 10 years ago. Always loved the genre but with a CAG size back log, wife and two kids....i just know better. But I'll be picking up WKC:II from best by later this week so feel free to add me. Psn: shadowkastone

Also, i thought the servers were shut down for both games?

[quote name='Last Epoch']Did anyone else notice there's no more 2-day free shipping? I was hoping to get my 1-year free ShopRunner from this game.[/QUOTE]

I got mine with my Shoprunner...

Trying to exercise restraint and not buy WKC2--I'm already concerned about ever booting up some of the other JRPGs from this gen I have sitting in a pile (mainly Blue Dragon, Magna Carta 2 and Star Ocean 4) and don't need to add to that pile...

Snagged WKCII, thanks OP. Rented the first one and started getting in to it but sent it back due to cancelling game rental service. Getting both for 16 bucks is a no brainer.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Trying to exercise restraint and not buy WKC2--I'm already concerned about ever booting up some of the other JRPGs from this gen I have sitting in a pile (mainly Blue Dragon, Magna Carta 2 and Star Ocean 4) and don't need to add to that pile...[/QUOTE]

Pull the trigger bro

Nothing, I MEAN NOTHING, can touch the wonderful smell of shrink wrap off of a 16 dollar game

Sniff
Sniff

:beer:

[quote name='chunlirocks']Pull the trigger bro

Nothing, I MEAN NOTHING, can touch the wonderful smell of shrink wrap off of a 16 dollar game

Sniff
Sniff

:beer:[/QUOTE]

It's tempting, but I know I'll regret it if the game drops to $10 in a month or two.

bread's done
Back