Big Lots 20% off entire purchase 7/14-7/15

Hhmm...the coupon link isn't working, but tempting if I can get it. My Big Lots just got in a bunch of new 360, ps3, and wii titles with a new arrivals sign. I remember seeing Michael Jackson the Experience and MotionSports Adrenaline for the ps3 for $13.88 along with Kirby's Epic Yarn for the Wii (not sure if that was $13 or $18).

[quote name='MR_E']Hhmm...the coupon link isn't working, but tempting if I can get it. My Big Lots just got in a bunch of new 360, ps3, and wii titles with a new arrivals sign. I remember seeing Michael Jackson the Experience and MotionSports Adrenaline for the ps3 for $13.88 along with Kirby's Epic Yarn for the Wii (not sure if that was $13 or $18).[/QUOTE]

I edited the coupon link to go straight to the jpg instead of the webpage, hopefully that should work.

[quote name='Sway']I edited the coupon link to go straight to the jpg instead of the webpage, hopefully that should work.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Got it. Btw, was back there today...Kirby was $13.88, and some of the other new titles I saw included the Dreamcast Collection and Lego Pirates of the Caribbean for the 360.

I would contemplate suicide before walking into big lots.

Seriously, how is this place still in business?

I remember going to Big Lots about 20 years ago just to play an arcade game they had in the entrance. Final Fight maybe?

[quote name='CitrusBlast']since when do big lot sell game....[/QUOTE]

It's an overstock store. They carry everything. The game selection isn't always the best, but you can often find nice things.

[quote name='o_O']It's an overstock store. They carry everything. The game selection isn't always the best, but you can often find nice things.[/QUOTE]
ok thank u ur the only nice person on this site at least u answer a q without insult me becus i was unaware i have never been there b4 i only seen it.

[quote name='poker360']I would contemplate suicide before walking into big lots.

Seriously, how is this place still in business?[/QUOTE]

Some are nicer than others. I usually look at the DVDs, books, and might check there if I need a household item. I did get a great deal on a Ninja a few months back.

[quote name='o_O']It's an overstock store. They carry everything. The game selection isn't always the best, but you can often find nice things.[/QUOTE]

In the 80s they were a real overstock store. Now they are a regular stock dollar store.

Oh I miss the good days. Still like the place.

Not bad will have to head down to my nearest one for a look. Thanks!
nearest

Last edited by a moderator:
Big Lots isn't that bad. They have some decent merch at these stores and are more organized than k-mart that's for sure.

[quote name='emperordahc']In the 80s they were a real overstock store. Now they are a regular stock dollar store.

Oh I miss the good days. Still like the place.[/QUOTE]

They still are otherwise I wouldn't find such a good price on some Newman's Own Organic products as opposed to the other stores that sell Organic stuff primarily. Same goes with Nature's Path. This alone implies I'm getting overstock as opposed to stuff being made with the idea that it will be sold at the dollar store. Are there exceptions? Yes but look at their back to school selection and see the price of the refillable Pilot pens they're selling. It's a combo of the two.

[quote name='poker360']I would contemplate suicide before walking into big lots.

I'm glad I don't have that attitude. My Big Lots scores have included, among many others:

Tony Hawk Shred (with skateboard) : $10
DJ Hero 2 party bundle (two turntables and a microphone... somebody was giggling) : $20
Cabelas Big Game Hunter (with gun) : $15
EA Sports Active (with... oh nevermind, it's junk) : $15
Power Gig Rise of the Six String (with real guitar, not great but real) : $20
Rocksmith (with real guitar, not bad) : $40

That's just the game bundles I've found in the past year or so. Some real "CAG" bargains to be found there.

[quote name='JMusic']I'm glad I don't have that attitude. My Big Lots scores have included, among many others:
[/QUOTE]

I snagged a DJ Hero Renegade Edition for $30. Plus cheap flash memory and accessories, cheap DVDs, books, etc. They used to have a great selection of PC adventure games (back before "adventure" became "hidden object crap"), but not anymore.

I buy about a third of my dry-goods groceries at Big Lots too. Even cheaper than Wally Mart, and you don't have to squeeze between 400-lb breeders with 8 screechlings to get at the stuff.

[quote name='Velo214']damn just bought a grill and a bunch of storage bins and other garden hose crap last weekend.
oh wellz[/QUOTE]

Rebuy/return c'mon man!

I remember a few years back when they ran their $10 video game promo, myself and a bunch of other CAGs went there for Jambo Safari for Wii. Most CAGs reported getting the last or next to last copy of the game there. They haven't stocked it since, but they do this kind of thing fairly often: diamond in the rough good game mixed in with all the shovelware. This sale is worth checking out.

Anybody know how they run this sale? Is it 20% off the purchase total (ala Best Buy) or 20% off each item (ala GameStop)?

[quote name='Drclaw411']
Anybody know how they run this sale? Is it 20% off the purchase total (ala Best Buy) or 20% off each item (ala GameStop)?[/QUOTE]

Aren't the two mathematically equivalent?

[quote name='Drclaw411']I remember a few years back when they ran their $10 video game promo, myself and a bunch of other CAGs went there for Jambo Safari for Wii. Most CAGs reported getting the last or next to last copy of the game there. They haven't stocked it since, but they do this kind of thing fairly often: diamond in the rough good game mixed in with all the shovelware. This sale is worth checking out.

Anybody know how they run this sale? Is it 20% off the purchase total (ala Best Buy) or 20% off each item (ala GameStop)?[/QUOTE]

It takes 20% off each item. At least thats how it did when I went in the past.

Care to elaborate? Is yours disgusting or something? Mine isn't the cleanest place in the world but it's no worse than my KMart, Ollies, or really even the two Wal Marts near me. Even if it was a little worse off I'd still go in there though. They have ok prices on snacks, pet food, some tools, household items, yard tools, decorations, toys, kid stuff, and sometimes video games (both console and PC).

I love Big Lots.

By the way, when they do these days at my Big Lots, they always have a stack of coupons at the register so you don't even need to print off one. Not sure if other stores do this the same way.

Reminder post for the last day. 20% off applies to all day and a coupon is required (Mossygirl mentions her BL has coupons instore so you don't need to print one out, but YMMV).

Going there today for cheap toilet paper, paper towels, dishwasher liquid and laundry detergent. Never any good games at my store.

I saw a few bundles of Cabelas Hunting Party (Xbox 360/Kinect) and Wappydog (Nintendo DS) for $25.00 each at my local Big Lots in Round Lake Beach, Illinois. After the coupons they'd be $20 + tax.

I picked up 5 HDMI cables 10 feet long each. $4 bucks apiece. Also found some obscure/odd tools really cheap too. The game selection was blah... but not a bad trip. Definitely some value overall.

[quote name='rnocerino']I saw a few bundles of Cabelas Hunting Party (Xbox 360/Kinect) and Wappydog (Nintendo DS) for $25.00 each at my local Big Lots in Round Lake Beach, Illinois. After the coupons they'd be $20 + tax.[/QUOTE]

So this is essentially a "free tax" sale. Not bad.

I saw some Goldeneyes for the WII with the gold classic controller for $24 + tax after discount but wasn't interested.

I guess the coupon wasn't necessary after all. My store was plastered with "20% off - Sunday only" signs in the windows and even little flags in the parking lot entrance, and they had coupons taped to the checkout counter to scan for customers. Picked up a couple $13.88 (pre-discount) PS Move games and saved 5 bucks or so...

bread's done
Back