Pre Order NECA Atlas Portal Gun ($139.99) UPDATE: "Shipping Soon" on Amazon, NECA

Drclaw411

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
The third and, in theory, final of NECA's Portal gun line is now available for pre-order. Just like the first two, this one is limited to 5000. Atlas' gun is now available for pre-order from multiple locations, including Amazon.

In addition to this, NECA also have other non-limited Portal items available for pre-order. These include an official Apperture Science jumpsuit, Long fall boot socks, and (finally!) a stand for the Portal guns.

I put my pre-order in for the Atlas gun, and i'll likely pre-order three stands for all three guns.

Here's a link to NECA's page for the products. It features links to the stores for each product, including the Atlas gun: http://necaonline.com/portal2012/

Amazon Atlas gun link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=B008JGPSBS&linkCode=as2&tag=wwwnecaonline-20

UPDATE: Several CAGs are reporting that Amazon is charging cards, updating release dates, and changing order statuses to "shipping soon". Also, on the NECA facebook page, people are reporting that they are beginning to receive the Atlas gun orders. Now is the time to check Amazon and the NECA store, and likely the other retailers as well, for declined-card restocks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it seems Amazon is limiting the Portal gun stand to two per customer. Strange, since it is not a limited item. I probably wont order any unless I can get three. I don't want two on stands and one just sitting there. Anybody know if I pre-order two now, if Amazon will allow me to order another later on? Or do they not allow you to purchase any from the same account after you reach the order limit?

[quote name='Rockinjs']question: do these have resell value?[/QUOTE]

hard to say at this point. only the gun would, because the others arent limited.

P-body gun has very little re-sell value, whereas the Chell gun as quite a bit.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Well, it seems Amazon is limiting the Portal gun stand to two per customer. Strange, since it is not a limited item. I probably wont order any unless I can get three. I don't want two on stands and one just sitting there. Anybody know if I pre-order two now, if Amazon will allow me to order another later on? Or do they not allow you to purchase any from the same account after you reach the order limit?[/QUOTE]

There typically is a refresh window as it pertains to the order limit on Amazon. I've had luck placing additional orders on items anywhere from 3 days to a week after I hit the limit.

wow, that stand is ugly. i'll just keep mine factory sealed...in the beat-up box...that still pisses me off. oh well.

41W1B6H0K4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Portal-Device-Replica-Display-Stand/dp/B008JGPSNQ

ok thanks for that I'll go on and order a couple if worse comes to worst I still should be able to get my money back hopefully

This is technically the 4th installment of this gun, since there were 500 Cave Johnson units issued for SDCC12.

[quote name='Vinny']This is technically the 4th installment of this gun, since there were 500 Cave Johnson units issued for SDCC12.[/QUOTE]

That Cave Johnson thing...I still don't get how NECA calls it a separate gun. It's literally a regular P-Body gun, but in the box there is also a picture of Cave Johnson signed by one of the game developers. It just feels more like a special edition of the P-Body gun rather than a different gun all together.

Pre ordered 1, now I've got all 3 :D

But heh damn didn't know about a SDCC edition , oh well, that one will go for money just for the pic and autograph

[quote name='GBAstar']There typically is a refresh window as it pertains to the order limit on Amazon. I've had luck placing additional orders on items anywhere from 3 days to a week after I hit the limit.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll try that

[quote name='Pck21']Pre-ordered. Now I only need the first one...[/QUOTE]
Man, the Chell ones are crazy expensive now. So you would need a lot of luck (or money).

NECA repeatedly claimed that only the gun was limited. Now they are saying that all the items will only be sold during sdcc and not released again. But isn't sdcc over? And Amazon still shows everything but the gun in stock.

I just got an email from amazon saying this is going to ship on the 20th of this month did the release date get bumped up?

my ship date hasnt updated, but i have been charged and status is "shipping soon". With cards being charged, it may be a good time to start checking Amazon for re-stocks if anybody missed out.

Mine just came today. It's just like my Fiance's P-body one she got from Toy Wiz. The styrofoam is jacked up and the box is sealed crappily with packaging tape. NECA is clearly at fault for these. They package them like crap.

580111_10151015976069142_147613526_n.jpg

3369_10151015976434142_47284415_n.jpg

547162_10151015976744142_1372813375_n.jpg

[quote name='Zoglog']Mine just came today. It's just like my Fiance's P-body one she got from Toy Wiz. The styrofoam is jacked up and the box is sealed crappily with packaging tape. NECA is clearly at fault for these. They package them like crap.

580111_10151015976069142_147613526_n.jpg

3369_10151015976434142_47284415_n.jpg

547162_10151015976744142_1372813375_n.jpg
[/QUOTE]

You'd think they would have corrected this by now. The Chell and PBody guns had the exact same packaging issues.

[quote name='Drclaw411']You'd think they would have corrected this by now. The Chell and PBody guns had the exact same packaging issues.[/QUOTE]

yup my point exactly. We originally thought it was Toy Wiz's fault for selling us a used item. But it's clearly NECA now as this is 2 separate vendors for 2 separate versions of the gun

I haven't received mine yet but I wish they would have told us it was expected to ship in August instead of October. I really wasn't expecting this to arrive this week... I think I preordered some of the stands and a jumpsuit.. have those started shipping yet?

Oh and a big fuck you too NECA for treating these "collectibles" like fucking nerf guns and acting like packaging isn't important to collectors.

Thinking about returning mine tomorrow after it comes it was sort of an impulse buy ...I was thinking if a fellow CAG wanted to buy it off of me I would only charge the original price plus the shipping charges still enough room to sell it on ebay or something if you want to go that route .I'll add pics of the box and condition tomorrow PM me if any of you want to grab it from me I can only take Amazon Payments Or Gift Card

I bought mine through Amazon and surprisingly they shipped it in a larger box and it came pretty much mint. I was very excited so it seems its hit or miss with how different retailers package it.

[quote name='SkiLLs7984']

I bought mine through Amazon and surprisingly they shipped it in a larger box and it came pretty much mint. I was very excited so it seems its hit or miss with how different retailers package it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah you can't really blame anyone other then NECA for the packing tape on the outside of the product box. I have all four variations (Chell, P-Body, SDCC P-Body and now Atlus) and that is an issue with all of them and must just be how NECA designed them.

The shipping issues has varied amongst distributers and sometimes even the distributers have been inconsistent (i.e. some purchase the P-body from Amazon and received it in a box and others did not).

I really do think though if you're going to market something like this as a collectible you should give a shit about what your customer base wants and by now there is no excuse for NECA to continue doing this.

[quote name='LoveLost']Got mine from amazon!!! came in perfect condition!!![/QUOTE]

you mean the gun right? I'm assuming the box was just like mine?

[quote name='Zoglog']you mean the gun right? I'm assuming the box was just like mine?[/QUOTE]

I consider mine (I have all four variations) to be mint because they are in as good condition as you're going to find. I had some that I've sold and seen some on eBay that the box is beat up and has shipping labels affixed to it.

You can't count the tape against the overall condition because that has been on every single one manufactured to date.

Dents, Dings, Tears and shipping labels are what I would use against a condition grade.

Mine arrived in horrible condition box dinged up one side was tore off 1/4 down the side I listed it on craigslist this morning $200(thought I wouldnt get that but left room to negotiate) luckily I just sold it but fuck you Neca never a motherfucking again who the fuck ships a $140 item in nothing

[quote name='Rockinjs']Mine arrived in horrible condition box dinged up one side was tore off 1/4 down the side I listed it on craigslist this morning $200(thought I wouldnt get that but left room to negotiate) luckily I just sold it but fuck you Neca never a motherfucking again who the fuck ships a $140 item in nothing[/QUOTE]

That's messed up. I got two and one was in a form fitting box and the other amazon double boxed.

But at least you got one; my brother preordered one on Amazon and it still is in the "not yet shipped" phase so who knows if he'll get one.

[quote name='GBAstar']That's messed up. I got two and one was in a form fitting box and the other amazon double boxed.[/QUOTE]

Both shipped from Amazon? WTH gives then why are they half assin on some of the orders I would have been ok if it shipped in a outer box I bought this to collect to see if it gained value down the road but the box alone was so fucked up I knew all that was gone out the window I didnt even want to post pictures of it I just wanted it the hell away from me ASAP I should hit Amazon up and get a partial for how fucked up they sent my shit out

Available for preorder at Big Bad Toy Store.

I think this is the best place you can buy these at. There's this "Pile of Loot" feature (must be turned on!) that lets you accumulate preorders/orders so they can ship together, all in one big box. It works primarily as a way of saving on shipping costs but you can also use it to minimize damage to the device's original packaging if you order something with it (check the site's clearance section).

I just got my order from BBTS today. I preordered the P-Body a while ago and then the Atlas one recently. They were shipped together in one big box (used Pile of Loot). Both of them arrived with their original packaging in perfect condition (with just scotch tape along the sides from the manufacturer). They were shipped with large bubble wrap and the shipping box was even labeled "fragile." Greatly satisfied with my purchase.

I ordered the P-Body and Atlas models off amazon prior to release and each one was shipped in a box like 1.5x bigger than the gun box itself, with just paper filling in the gap on one side.

While the security could've been better, I'd say both guns showed up in quite good shape. Only the P-body box had a slight deformation on one corner. Nothing close to some of the boxes I've seen posted here (in either thread).

bread's done
Back