Amazon adds F2P/MMO games - get free stuff just for trying it!

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey guys,

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

I'll be updating this thread quite a bit today, getting it formatted and taking your suggestions on how to make the OP clearer. We're all excited over here though and I can't wait to hear your feedback.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack.

So that's our new Free to Play/MMO store. I'd love to get your feedback, this has been several months in development and we will continue to add new games and new offers over the next weeks and months.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Tony

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting. I'll definitely check this out at least for SMNC and let you know any feedback after lunch/That Other Sale begins :)

Edit: Feel free to delete my post or whatever you need to if you want to reserve the second post!

Steel Legions is a great game.

Either the Amazon description or your post needs to change, however.

Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

I linked my account. Got no emailed code. Then I re-read the description of the bonus on the Amazon website...

Customers who create a new Steel Legions account through Amazon will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Was going to consider buying membership directly from you guys for Runescape, and then I saw that the Golden Katana has the same power as an Iron 2-H Sword. That kind of really kills me wanting it (I still have a few months pre-paid, so I guess I won't be buying it for awhile). Cool concept, though.

Hm. Might bite for Stronghold Kingdoms, which I've been meaning to check out (already on my Steam account). The rest of these games look like the dregs of F2P, though.

[quote name='DropZite']What if I'm playing one of this games on Steam already, would I still be able to link my existing account to Amazon?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

[quote name='JMusic']Steel Legions is a great game.

Either the Amazon description or your post needs to change, however.

I linked my account. Got no emailed code. Then I re-read the description of the bonus on the Amazon website...[/QUOTE]

Got it, I'll note this, my bad. I have a bunch of the keys for the bonus, though if you'd like one :).

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']Hmm... I LOVED Monday Night Combat on XBLA. Going to try out SMNC tonight! :)[/QUOTE]

Sweet!!

[quote name='warreni']Hm. Might bite for Stronghold Kingdoms, which I've been meaning to check out (already on my Steam account). The rest of these games look like the dregs of F2P, though.[/QUOTE]

Super Monday Night Combat? World of Tanks? I thought both of those games were pretty universally loved.

Cheers,
Tony

Definitely interested in SMNC.

I didn't even know there was a Shin Megami Tensai F2P game. How is that supposed to be?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
Super Monday Night Combat? World of Tanks? I thought both of those games were pretty universally loved.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I was probably generalizing a tad excessively. A lot of the games on the page look like generic Korean F2P stuff. Many just aren't to my personal taste.

I've read good things about SMNC but it's not the kind of thing I normally get into. I'm playing ME3 multiplayer right now but I'm not big on MP shooters in general. I don't even care for Team Fortress 2.

World of Tanks is a game that has received a lot of critical acclaim, although it's another one that's tough to get very far in without ponying up dough (from what I've read) because, IIRC, you can buy with real-world money better tanks than other, free players have.

Runescape is another game that seems to be pretty popular, although for my (no) money, I'd probably be more interested in Runes of Magic.

EDIT: Tony, you might want to make a note at least on the OP if not on the actual Amazon page about which of these games are available on Steam, as that may provide an extra incentive to participate for some. For example, SMNC, Iron Grip: Marauders, Stronghold Kingdoms, Rise of Immortals, and Pandora Saga are all on Steam.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Got it, I'll note this, my bad. I have a bunch of the keys for the bonus, though if you'd like one :).
[/QUOTE]

I'd love one. That is one of the best F2P games I've played.

Ha! I saw that this morning as I was checking the daily deals and I thought it was a feature I somehow had missed seeing before.

Someone said free and by law I was obligated to show up. Will be taking a closer look at this tonight!

This is cool. I was hoping you guys would add dungeon defenders DLC... but then steam put it all on sale on wednsday and I bought it all

Wow, RuneScape. That was basically the first (and perhaps only) MMO I ever got into well over a decade ago. I wonder what it's like nowadays...

Anyway, good idea Amazon!

For everyone who's played it, how is the Shin Megami Tensei one? And can you do everything in the game for free, or do you need to pay to access certain things?

I didn't even know this thing existed. I am definitely interested in it.

How long are these offers valid for? I would most like to know about when the Runescape offer ends as I just renewed with a game card last week but would like to get the katana next time I need to renew. Thinking about checking out a few others though MNC being first.

[quote name='Cloulien']How long are these offers valid for? I would most like to know about when the Runescape offer ends as I just renewed with a game card last week but would like to get the katana next time I need to renew. Thinking about checking out a few others though MNC being first.[/QUOTE]

The offers vary by partner but most are good through early October.

I'll be dropping some codes into this thread in abit.

Cheers,
Tony

If you end up dropping any codes for the Runescape katana I would love one and it would be very appreciated.

On a side note you rock Tony. Thank you for all the hard work you put in here and on the PCDD thread.

[quote name='Lord Izanagi']For everyone who's played it, how is the Shin Megami Tensei one? And can you do everything in the game for free, or do you need to pay to access certain things?

I didn't even know this thing existed. I am definitely interested in it.[/QUOTE]

It's alright. The bulk of the game is just grinding in dungeons and waiting for more plot patches though. It's pretty decent for a free game. EXP boosting items and the like are easily obtainable in the game. Costumes are armor though, and the strongest weapons (special effects) are all cash shop based (and have durability). In one of the older versions of the game, there are costumes flooding the servers so even a newbie can pick one up for basically free. Not sure about the current one though.

There's the demon fusion system that we've all come to love in it, but this is kinda where it gets bad.

Storage for monsters is cash shop based. You need a rental pass for it. But you can share them with all of your characters on the same server at least. So one creature from your law character can be pulled over to your neutral for fusion and so forth. But you're only allowed one character by default. You have to buy character slots, and if you want to delete a character, you don't get that slot back again. You need to rebuy it.

Which is another issue with characters since it's easy to mess them up.

The game gives you a limited amount of skill points that you can use. You can put them into fucking anything you want though. You create your own class and you're not restricted to anything that you don't want. But most people fall under:

Gunner -> Rapid Shot DPS or Magic Shot Support
Melee -> Warrior or Glass Cannon Magic Warrior (Tanks are more demon)
Caster -> Cast Magic Missles
Crafting

You get expertise in a skilltree by using something in that field. For example say you fire a gun once and end up gaining 20 experience.
Shot Expertise [||____________] 0020/1000experience

Total Experience Points 3000 or 3 skill points

So now you'd only have enough points to fill up two other expertise skills if you don't want to level up Shot. The only way to remove this extra experience is with a cash shop item (and occasional quest item).

So when you start the game, go into your skill experience list and turn of the gains for all of them until you know what you want to do.

It's a fun game. But if you want to play, look into what kind of character you want to make and find some guides for them so you don't have to spend a lot of time or money unlearning skills.

I know how unlikely this is Tony, but if you guys could work out an agreement with Riot Games to carry point cards for League of Legends, and maybe get an exclusive skin for linking, that would be HUGE.

[quote name='Genocidal']I know how unlikely this is Tony, but if you guys could work out an agreement with Riot Games to carry point cards for League of Legends, and maybe get an exclusive skin for linking, that would be HUGE.[/QUOTE]

I agree, that is my favorite game currently and I'd be stoked if we could get them on board.

[quote name='igame']Looks like now it is time to choose which games to try out.

Thanks for the update and future thanks for the codes[/QUOTE]

I'll set up a google doc with some codes tomorrow and get it distributed here :).

Cheers,
Tony

Thanks Tony! Installed SMNC and linked to get the assault rifle, its actually really good for a free to play game and i think i'll continue playing for a long time :) Would love a code for smnc!

[quote name='Rond']Thanks Tony! Installed SMNC and linked to get the assault rifle, its actually really good for a free to play game and i think i'll continue playing for a long time :) Would love a code for smnc![/QUOTE]

Here you go:

Quote me

There are keys for Super Monday Night Combat, Stronghold Kingdoms, and 8Bit MMO in there, please delete keys as you use them.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Here you go:

Quote me

There are keys for Super Monday Night Combat, Stronghold Kingdoms, and 8Bit MMO in there, please delete keys as you use them.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

How do we redeem these?

bread's done
Back