Let's talk about Beverages like Sprite

WeaponX2099

CAGiversary!
Feedback
83 (98%)
I like Sprite. Some may like Slice/Sierra Mist, or Citrus Blast is a caffeine-free, grapefruit-citrus flavored soft drink produced by PepsiCo.

Discuss please;)

[quote name='Stoic Person Eater']Also Fresca > Everything Else[/QUOTE]
Have they changed it? Because the last time I had a Fresca, it had a weird aftertaste. Good at the start, but a lousy finish. Not good.

I heard that the aftertaste was good relative to other diet sodas, but come on. That's not good enough. It's time we made a Fresca that tastes good from start to finish. We can do this, America!

[quote name='Stoic Person Eater']Anyone remember SURGE?[/quote]
I've heard people mention that Surge was rebranded as Vault.
Also Fresca > Everything Else.
Fresca is really good. I haven't had it in years though, but I liked that it didn't have the nasty aftertaste of something like Diet Pepsi.

I'm another huge Sprite fan. The only soda i not just love, i LUST over it.

Nothing like a cold, crisp, clean sip of Cold Sprite. :drool: TM

Crush Orange soda is good too.

I like pepsi max, diet rite, diet dr pepper, diet dr pepper cherry and diet canada dry.

I also like vitamin water and vitamin water zero.

I also like 5 hour energy lemon/lime

[quote name='DCpinoy']no mountan dew lovers in here? that drink has helped many of my long gaming sessions.[/QUOTE]

Never heard of it. Maybe it's a regional thing.

[quote name='camoor']I like pepsi max, diet rite, diet dr pepper, diet dr pepper cherry and diet canada dry.

I also like vitamin water and vitamin water zero.

I also like 5 hour energy lemon/lime[/QUOTE]
ilike.jpg

For the record, I prefer Sierra Mist.

To each his own, but i always found Dr. Pepper and Mountain Dew to be fucken NASTY.

Compared to the clean taste of Sprite.....:D TM

Now that Dublin Dr. Pepper is no longer being made, Dr. Pepper Heritage is my current favorite, but it's really tough to find.

Recently, I've also taken a liking to Leninade and I recommend it if any of you happen to come across a bottle.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']Maybe namispep would agree with you.[/QUOTE]

He always seemed like a Pepsi man, even though he said he never drinks it.

I hardly drink Soda but lately I've taken a liking to "Sierra Mist Natural: Strawberry Kiwi Splash" It is so fucking good. Mountain Dew is also amazing. I fell in love with the Game Fuel (Blue WoW one) Not sure if they sell it anymore or not.

Also, has anyone tried the Starbucks Refreshers? I actually really liked the Raspberry Pomegranate one. The Strawberry Lemonade one was OK. Rockstar Recovery Lemonade is also pretty good. I hardly drink Energy Drinks anymore though because I tend to get headaches from all the fuck they add to them.

Not a big soda drinker but I do like Iron Beer. It's not really beer, more like root beer/Dr. Pepper. It's a Cuban thing so I'm pretty sure you can only get it down in SoFlo

250px-Ironbeer.jpg

I used to drink Mt. Dew by the gallon when I was on the road for work often. But after reading it's ingredients and finding that one of the main ones was something called brominated vegetable oil I just couldn't stomach it anymore.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I used to drink Mt. Dew by the gallon when I was on the road for work often. But after reading it's ingredients and finding that one of the main ones was something called brominated vegetable oil I just couldn't stomach it anymore.[/QUOTE]

Haha yeah I don't drink it anymore also. Gave up soda lol. But I still crave it at times.

One thing I do miss are those 'old school' versions of Pepsi and Mt. Dew(and I think Dr. Pepper as well) that they put out about a year or so ago. They were in the 'classic' packaging and had real sugar in them as opposed to the high fructose corn syrup they use in soda nowadays. You could tell the difference between that and the HFCS version.

I go through so many canisters of the 4C instant iced tea mix nowadays it's ridiculous. Too bad Lipton never put out a powdered drink mix for their Brisk iced tea they sell by the liter. I'd probably buy that by the case.

u don't look hard enough.
http://www.amazon.com/Lipton-Brisk-...2135014&sr=8-1&keywords=brisk+iced+tea+powder

your welcome.

and if u wanna just make it yourself for wayyyy cheaper.

http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/Lipton-Brisk-Iced-Tea-Recipe

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I go through so many canisters of the 4C instant iced tea mix nowadays it's ridiculous. Too bad Lipton never put out a powdered drink mix for their Brisk iced tea they sell by the liter. I'd probably buy that by the case.[/QUOTE]

Pepsi Throwback, Apple Fanta (too bad Coke doesn't make it anymore) and Sierra Mist are my faves. I'm personally a Coca Cola guy, but Pepsi does have a couple of good flavors.

[quote name='Rodimus']Not a big soda drinker but I do like Iron Beer. It's not really beer, more like root beer/Dr. Pepper. It's a Cuban thing so I'm pretty sure you can only get it down in SoFlo[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I live in SoFlo and I LOVE Iron Beer, its amazing on a hot day down here.

Squirt is the best.

for any Mt Dew fans... Baja Blast is the best flavor! only found in Taco Bell

I like more Citric tastes than anything. sprite is good on a hot day.

I've seen this Ironbeer in the ethnic aisle at publix, but didn't want to waste money on a six pack. Maybe I'll try it next time I'm at the store.

hi guys i also like sodas i have the largerst pepsi collection i own lots of pepsi products ebay havs been helpful in finding this. last year i went 2 my grandpanrents house and they had collectible pepsis from the 1960s....i wont drink them becus its not safe but i have them on a large shelf in my room next 2 my games.... imo tho sprite is garbage. in fact it is from the COCA-COLA COMPANY all of their soda is garbage....my dad buyed it once a whole leter of coke becus it was on sale i treyed it and threwed it out. and yes citrus blast is good look at my name lol. pepsi ist he best soda tho... plain old pepsi... i also sometimes buy foreign pepsis becus they use diff sugars. i dont mind paying the price 4 taste... its worth it.

Black Cherry Fresca. You're welcome.

Good luck finding it, my Targets carry it but it sells out the day it gets stocked. Publix- "no tengo." :whistle2:x

[quote name='Ziv']I've seen this Ironbeer in the ethnic aisle at publix, but didn't want to waste money on a six pack. Maybe I'll try it next time I'm at the store.[/QUOTE]

I'd recomend to pour it in a glass with some ice. Very refreshing. Like you I'm weary of unfamiliar ethnic drinks. I remember buying Malta and some pineapple soda, horrible. Took a chance with Iron Beer and was very surprised.

Thanks for the tip.

They remodeled the Target near my house a few months ago and added a nice selection Mexican and other sodas. I saw the Malta and knew stay away from watching Chopped on the Food Network. I avoid 90% of the stuff I see on there.

Growing up I had a friend who loved Malta. We'd be outside playing, get thirsty and go inside for something to drink and he'd hand me a Malta. Let me tell you there's nothing worse than being thirsting and chugging down a malta drink. Just bleech

One soda I used to love as a kid but I don't think my stomach can handle it(especially since I think it's been reformulated since the late 80's version I used to drink) is JOLT cola.

I distinctly remember it being a lot more mellow in 1989 when I first discovered it in a lil corner store by my junior high school. It was like $2.50 a six pack and I'd grab one every couple of days.

[quote name='xycury']Squirt is the best.

for any Mt Dew fans... Baja Blast is the best flavor! only found in Taco Bell

I like more Citric tastes than anything. sprite is good on a hot day.[/QUOTE]

I concur, though it's hard to enjoy since Taco Hell has the worst fountain pop quality. I've heard that fountain quality is affected by cleaning frequency which makes sense.. blegh.. Can't tell you how many times i roll in with a combo size cup of baja and 75% of it gets dumped down the drain as soon as I'm done nom'n

Looks like I'll give Iron Beer a shot if i see it around.

[quote name='QiG']I concur, though it's hard to enjoy since Taco Hell has the worst fountain pop quality. I've heard that fountain quality is affected by cleaning frequency which makes sense.. blegh.. Can't tell you how many times i roll in with a combo size cup of baja and 75% of it gets dumped down the drain as soon as I'm done nom'n

Looks like I'll give Iron Beer a shot if i see it around.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I think if Pepsi would get their stick out of their ass, and bottle this shit for real, it would put all other mt dews to shame.

The Dark Berry is close, but has "too" much while Baja is more lighter in flavor.

I too have had bad Bajas, it's not fun, but that could be for any soda.

ooh forgot to mention- jarritos- limon flavor annnd sangria soda. those are my runner ups.
when i worked in a warehouse the 10am roach coach w/ iced bottles of sangria was the highlight of my day

bread's done
Back