Jurassic Park (360) Aliens Infestation (DS) 9.99 Best Buy might be YMMV

ddp72984

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey guys, got back from my local BB, and they had these two @9.99 a piece. It wasn't a managers special or anything; it had this price on the yellow tag, marked as clearance. Yet, these prices are not online, so be wary.

They also had shadows of the damned for ps3 and legend of the guardians at 10 as well. Good luck

Might still be YMMV though. Good deals if they're available. I grabbed SotD during the GS B2G1. Can't wait to play it.

I had to snag the Turtle Beach MW3 Delta headset marked clearance at $149.99 because people were starting to buy them.

[quote name='LLeopardGGecko']Hmmm. May have to check this out for Shadows of the Damned. Were they just on the regular shelves or in some kind of clearance bin?[/QUOTE]

Regular shelf. Again, no 50% off stickers or anything. Just the price on the yellow tag

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ddp72984']Regular shelf. Again, no 50% off stickers or anything. Just the price on the yellow tag[/QUOTE]
i can't even get shadows of the damned ps3 when trying to search for it on bestbuy.com. does anyone have a sku?

I would love to get a copy of JP for $10. I am planning on heading to BB this weekend to get a new phone, so I'll have to check out the games too. Thanks OP!

Don't know of I will be in Columbia this weekend or not. If I am though, I might need to swing by one of the Best Buys and get Jurassic Park.
I do need to go to the Veteran's Hospital for some X-rays but I don't have a babysitter tomorrow or I would do it then. Just gotta see what I am doing over the weekend I guess. I want JP but not bad enough to drive almost 2 hours round trip just to buy it.

^ thanks for all the details:/

Hopefully this is a sign of things to come. Last summer around this time best buy has a nationwide clearance in store to free up shelf space before fall releases came. I picked up a ton of games for $12 or less

[quote name='ddp72984']Hey guys, got back from my local BB, and they had these two @9.99 a piece. It wasn't a managers special or anything; it had this price on the yellow tag, marked as clearance. Yet, these prices are not online, so be wary.

They also had shadows of the damned for ps3 and legend of the guardians at 10 as well. Good luck[/QUOTE]

Most likely an EOL YMMV clearance if it's not online too. If only it was store-wide, I'd love to get both of them.

It is in fact YMMV. The first store I went to it rang up for 21.XX. But I called a nearby Best Buy and they had it for $9.99, so my Best Buy PMed them. Just an Fyi for those CAGs in Miami, the Bird road Best Buy has one copy left for 360 @ $9.99. Thanks OP!

Also in store it did not show on sale, the sticker still said $19.99.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Doesn't jurrasic park play like heavy rain like I heard it does ? If so I might bite on it[/QUOTE]

Yeah, like Heavy Rain it's largely QTE-based, except Heavy Rain doesn't have velociraptors.

Yah, I would love a price drop to 10 on JP. I would pick that up in a heartbeat. 10 dollar games are the bane of my bank account.

[quote name='morrodox']Yeah, like Heavy Rain it's largely QTE-based, except Heavy Rain doesn't have velociraptors.[/QUOTE]

Jason ..... Jason ... JASON !!!!!! Oh there you are ! (jason gets eaten by a rapter) JAAAASON !!!!

I'd jump on Aliens Infestation for $10 but I don't feel like wasting gas going to best buy if its not on sale. If anyone goes to check at their best buy I'd appreciate if you'd check that too :).

Maybe I'll just wait until Sunday when I go to use the @Gamer coupons

[quote name='Az986']I'd jump on Aliens Infestation for $10 but I don't feel like wasting gas going to best buy if its not on sale. If anyone goes to check at their best buy I'd appreciate if you'd check that too :).

Maybe I'll just wait until Sunday when I go to use the @Gamer coupons[/QUOTE]

You can just call your Best Buy and have them check the price and availability of the product, and if they do have it you can just ask them to reserve it for you.

[quote name='LLeopardGGecko']My store had Shadows of the Damned marked for $19.99, but it scanned at $9.99. Picked up a copy.[/QUOTE]
can you post the sku for shadows of the damned ps3?

[quote name='PublikDefender']can you post the sku for shadows of the damned ps3?[/QUOTE]

Googled it and came up with this: skuId=2480074

My avatar aside, if you like Castlevania or Metroid and even remotely liked Aliens then you'll like the Aliens game.

The game has a decent length plus you get to upgrade weapons and gather equipment.

You also travel to a couple of different sites. I liked it.

BBY at Springfield PA had Jurassic Park on 360 for $9.99, marked as such on the shelf, on my receipt it's marked as having a $10 Clearance Discount.

No Aliens on DS or Shadows of the Damned (checked even though I have both).

[quote name='MR_E']Googled it and came up with this: skuId=2480074[/QUOTE] thanks, google gave me the 360 sku and i gave up after a few clicks

[quote name='DK745']Aliens was $19.99 on shelf. Didn't try to see what it rang up.[/QUOTE]

Should have asked, at the store where I picked up my copy the shelf still said $19.99, but rang up $9.99.

Shadows of the Damned ps3 confirmed at my store, as well. Stickered and shelved at $19.99 but rang up $9.99. Thanks OP!

Btw, OP...you should totally add Shadows of the Damned to the thread title. That's a niche title a lot of people have been looking for cheap, and they might pass over the thread and miss out on the deal if they aren't interested in the other two games.

[quote name='Darknuke']Anyone else read the title as "Jurassic Park: Alien Infestations $9.99" at first? I was like "WTF?!"[/QUOTE]

I specifically came into this topic to say "what the fuck, there's a Jurassic Park game about alien invasions? Where have I been?"

I probably should have checked stock online first as the first Best Buy I went to didn't have it, but they were able to call one nearby and keep it at customer service for me. I asked an employee for help, and he was able to check on a computer there, and it showed the price it was at each store, most of them were out of stock and for $9.99, but I did see one store apparently still had it for $19.99, so there is a good chance the YMMV will work in everyone's favor. Now I just wish I could get disc versions of every Telltale game for $10 :D

Thanks OP! Got SotD for PS3 for $10. According to the stock checker online no stores near enough to me have Jurassic Park, but I'll stop in at ones I pass just in case they have less than three which shows as unavailable.

Too bad Aliens wasn't in stock and isn't online to check stores. "Looks like we're on a bug hunt..."

[quote name='Skulles']I want Jurassic Park but I heard it was terrible[/QUOTE]

I havent played it yet, but couldnt resist picking it up for $10 since one of the first movies I can remember watching as a kid was JP.. Just keep in mind that this isnt a game per say as much as it is an interactive movie, if your okay with that and can overlook some graphic issues you should be able to enjoy the game if you are a JP fan.

[quote name='Skulles']I want Jurassic Park but I heard it was terrible[/QUOTE]

It's not too bad. Like others have said, it's sort of a combo of point-and-click-adventure style elements/puzzles and Heavy Rain-esque quick time events. The only problems were some occasional serious performance issues on the ps3 (I have the digital version)...not sure if the 360 version is the same or if any of the issues have been patched. A few qte scenes were hard to pull off just because there was slowdown that made it hard to do some of the timed button presses, and the whole last scene of the game ran like a stuttering, half-speed mess...kind of killing the climax. The problems weren't continuous, though...just here and there. I'd still say $10 is a solid price.

Grabbed the last copy of Aliens: Infestation at the Ridgedale MN location for 9.99...thanks OP! No SotD or JP on any system though.

I called that location earlier looking for Aliens and they showed no stock so you have to actually check their stock in person.

hmm Jurrasic park shows 19.99 on their website. Also shows just ship to store options. You guys sure its 9.99? Id like to pick it up but if i go in and its 20 bucks i got nothing to point to for the 9.99 =P i'll check on the aliens game though, thanks

^_^x KD

[quote name='Kenshindono']hmm Jurrasic park shows 19.99 on their website. Also shows just ship to store options. You guys sure its 9.99? Id like to pick it up but if i go in and its 20 bucks i got nothing to point to for the 9.99 =P i'll check on the aliens game though, thanks

^_^x KD[/QUOTE]

Shelf tagged at 9.99 as well as SotD.

bread's done
Back