Browser and music player combo

tepiddeath

CAGiversary!
I'm looking for a good browser and music player combo for podcasts. Should I just stick with the stock Android ones? I do a lot of downloading on my Samsung Note. Any suggestions?

[quote name='tepiddeath']I'm looking for a good browser and music player combo for podcasts. Should I just stick with the stock Android ones? I do a lot of downloading on my Samsung Note. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Chrome or Dolphin HD if you don't Ice Cream and Poweramp is the best music player hands down and I have tried alot of players at Google Play it is worth the money.

I like my players to sync with iTunes (including song ratings). That leave RocketPlayer, and DoubleTwist. I really like Rocket Player, but it is still buggy. I really like DoubleTwist but it is expensive. I just use the free version but a the paid version does Air Play, wireless sync and podcasts. A lot of people are down on Double Twist, but I am not sure why, unless it is the price....

I bought dogg catcher for podcasts, as everyone raves about it. It is a little clunky to use, has a million config options, and looks like shit. Other than that it is fine. I am tempted to pay for doubletwist and try their podcast solution.

I have tried power amp, and don't quite get why everyone loves it. Yes the EQ in it is great, and it is cool that it looks like real gear, but lags double twist in useability IMHO. I also found it emphasis the high frequency sounds, which is likely why some people claim it sounds better, but I'd rather have control over that stuff on my own. My phone is a HTC One X, which has a pretty average DAC. IMHO noticeably worse than iPhone 4 did, so maybe on another phone PowerAmp would sound better.

Just my $0.02.

bread's done
Back