(DEAD) $8 Amazon coupon for Brave is up - expires July 19

$49.99 before coupon?

:rofl:

I'll go ahead and clip the coupon, but this better drop down to the $20-$25 range by the time it comes out.

Think i will wait!!!
howmuch

[quote name='streymaad']Think i will wait!!!
howmuch
[/QUOTE]

Why? You're guaranteed the lowest price, they don't charge you until it ships, and the coupon will only be up for a week. What are you waiting on?

It already dropped down to $34.99 from the $49.99 from this morning. $49.99 is MSRP.

Anyone who pre-ordered should have their orders adjust in 24-48 hours and if not, email/call Amazon CS and get them to change it manually.

49.99 is not woth it. The movie rank lower then rat/incrediables but higher then Cars/bugs life in my book. Can't see myself buying brave for anymore then 14.99 with 3d, bluray, dvd, etc.

[quote name='Fire2box']49.99 is not woth it. The movie rank lower then rat/incrediables but higher then Cars/bugs life in my book. Can't see myself buying brave for anymore then 14.99 with 3d, bluray, dvd, etc.[/QUOTE]

My little girl would disagree with you. She loved it.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Ugh...I have a gift card tied to my account and I don't want to use it, but if I remove it, it takes the $8.00 value with it :bomb:[/QUOTE]

1) Buy something that is more than your Gift Card (choose the slowest shipping possible so it doesn't jump into shipping soon).
2) Preorder Brave.
3) Cancel the purchase that used the giftcard

I had to do this as well because I do not want my giftcards attached to preorders.

[quote name='biggie2123']1) Buy something that is more than your Gift Card (choose the slowest shipping possible so it doesn't jump into shipping soon).
2) Preorder Brave.
3) Cancel the purchase that used the giftcard

I had to do this as well because I do not want my giftcards attached to preorders.[/QUOTE]

Or buy far off preorder that costs more to be 100% safe. That's what I used to do before I realized I could avoid using the gift cards more directly.

Dang, I wish I had noticed this yesterday. I got a $5 credit from Amazon for losing release date delivery on Epic Mickey 2 (the release was moved to a Sunday) and I pre-ordered Brave with it. I totally didn't see the coupon code at the time and if I cancel my order I'll lose that $5 credit. Hopefully Amazon customer service can help me out.

So after ordering this on the 13th when it was $41.99 AC, I got tired of waiting for Amazon to adjust my order price. Sent them an email this morning, and the response was that they would "make an exception" and adjust the price $26.99 AC.

WTF? Since when is it an "exception" for them to honor their own policy. The weird thing is, I had another preorder for a different item drop in price after the 13th, and that one was adjusted within 24 hrs automatically.

Amazon is getting a little inconsistent on their price guarantees. Looks like I'll need to manage them more closely via camelcamelcamel.

Dropped it down to $29.xx (taxes included) so it's a good price for a 3D movie. Could probably get it cheaper during Black Friday so I'll just think it over until then.

thanks anyways!

[quote name='WingsDJY']So after ordering this on the 13th when it was $41.99 AC, I got tired of waiting for Amazon to adjust my order price. Sent them an email this morning, and the response was that they would "make an exception" and adjust the price $26.99 AC.

WTF? Since when is it an "exception" for them to honor their own policy. The weird thing is, I had another preorder for a different item drop in price after the 13th, and that one was adjusted within 24 hrs automatically.

Amazon is getting a little inconsistent on their price guarantees. Looks like I'll need to manage them more closely via camelcamelcamel.[/QUOTE]It's likely a new rep that you had answering your email that didn't know about the Pre-Order Price Guarantee.

I've had a few of those show up when the auto-adjust doesn't happen and when they do, I remind them of the Pre-Order Price Guarantee, let them know that the order should auto-adjust within 24-48 hours of the price drop, and send them the URL of the T&C for it:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/promotions/details/popup/AWT354OR7BM1U

Their system normally catches the price drops, though sometimes, it doesn't and requires the email to fix it.

It's not an issue with inconsistencies with the guarantee, it's their system not getting around to it and their reps not knowing about it.

[quote name='M3wThr33']From my experience they don't email you about the price drop until it's shipped.[/QUOTE]

Correct, but your order invoice should refresh to reflect the lowest price when you pull it up on the website.

[quote name='shrike4242']It's likely a new rep that you had answering your email that didn't know about the Pre-Order Price Guarantee.

I've had a few of those show up when the auto-adjust doesn't happen and when they do, I remind them of the Pre-Order Price Guarantee, let them know that the order should auto-adjust within 24-48 hours of the price drop, and send them the URL of the T&C for it:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/promotions/details/popup/AWT354OR7BM1U

Their system normally catches the price drops, though sometimes, it doesn't and requires the email to fix it.

It's not an issue with inconsistencies with the guarantee, it's their system not getting around to it and their reps not knowing about it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip. I sent a follow-up with that link to the CS rep.

This should drop before release so I went for it as well, I've had new CS reps tell me the same a while back so your not alone on that one wings

[quote name='WingsDJY']Thanks for the tip. I sent a follow-up with that link to the CS rep.[/QUOTE]That's what I do when I get that same situation you ran into.

If you click on the "no, I didn't fix your issue" in the email they sent you, it gets escalated to the 2nd tier / supervisor CS reps and that usually fixes the issue quickly enough when it's in their hands.

Adding the link is always what gets them to admit they made a mistake and fix it quickly.

I had this issue as well. The way I solved it was simple enough. Since the coupon is still active, I simply cancelled my order and re-ordered at the lower price and the coupon is included. Once the coupon dies, that won't be possible of course.

I have a question. I am trying to use this coupon and everything is going thru fine, it's just that it it's trying to use my gift card balance and I don't want it to. When I try and change my payment type, it only gives me the option to unclick using both the coupon and my gift card balance. I know it might sounds dumb but I'm trying to build up my gift card balance for a large, future purchase. Even when i fully complete the order with the coupon and the gift card, i can't go back fix the payment options that way either.

Only thing i can think to do then is set up another Amazon account under a different e-mail address. Any other thoughts/ideas?

[quote name='sangredekrazy']I have a question. I am trying to use this coupon and everything is going thru fine, it's just that it it's trying to use my gift card balance and I don't want it to. When I try and change my payment type, it only gives me the option to unclick using both the coupon and my gift card balance. I know it might sounds dumb but I'm trying to build up my gift card balance for a large, future purchase. Even when i fully complete the order with the coupon and the gift card, i can't go back fix the payment options that way either.

Only thing i can think to do then is set up another Amazon account under a different e-mail address. Any other thoughts/ideas?[/QUOTE]Easy fix: Preorder something, ANYTHING (I recommend something that isn't releasing for a while and is expensive, such as this), with a cost at or greater than your gift card balance, "pay" for it using your GC balance and whatever credit card you like for the remaining balance (if any), preorder Brave via this deal, then cancel the first preorder. Voila! Your GC balance should be the same as it was.

if u clipped the coupon and dont use it before the 19th does it still expire

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Yep. Happened to me on the last coupon I clipped.[/QUOTE]

o ok thanks i was hoping for it to go in my goldbox deal

Great movie, wasn't expecting it to be so good. Pixar films still continue to surprise me.

Also, I have an idea for a spinoff, crappy direct to DVD sequel.
Queen Bear

[quote name='Vigilante']Easy fix: Preorder something, ANYTHING (I recommend something that isn't releasing for a while and is expensive, such as this), with a cost at or greater than your gift card balance, "pay" for it using your GC balance and whatever credit card you like for the remaining balance (if any), preorder Brave via this deal, then cancel the first preorder. Voila! Your GC balance should be the same as it was.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, that looks like the easiest way to do it right now, but wish they'd make it as simple as being able to choose that I don't want to use the Gift card balance. Thanks again!

[quote name='sangredekrazy']Thanks, that looks like the easiest way to do it right now, but wish they'd make it as simple as being able to choose that I don't want to use the Gift card balance. Thanks again![/QUOTE]Amazon considers these coupons to be a gift card in their checkout process, which is why you can't have any GC balance before ordering.

I always find some CE that isn't coming out for a while, order enough of them to clear out my GC balance, then place the order with the coupon. I cancel the order with the GC balance used up, and it's all back instantly.

Check your orders, guys - price dropped to $27.99, 3D version should now be $19.99 after the $8 coupon.

Had to contact CS, they told me that they "don't price match, but they will do this as a one time exception".. wtf?

You don't need to contact them. It will adjust automatically.

But I do agree. Sometimes it seems the reps do not know Amazon's own policies.

[quote name='beefytwinkie']You don't need to contact them. It will adjust automatically.

But I do agree. Sometimes it seems the reps do not know Amazon's own policies.[/QUOTE]
I think you mean it will USUALLY update automatically. I had one time out of all the times I order where it did not and I got screwed. I think it was when they released Snow White. The price dropped to 19.99 so I should have got it for 11.99 after coupon. But the price quickly went up and the price never updated. So I ended up paying more. I think their system only works if the price is set like that for a long time?

I'm assuming Best Buy will hve it for $27.99 more than likely.....I have it pre-ordered two places now since I got the steelbook. Would rather get at Best Buy to avoid having to "return" my pre-order there.

I just saw the drop, but my order hasn't adjusted yet. I'll give it more time before I try to contact them.

placed the order a while back the first time they had the coupon up. & it was $35. called them to match the 27.99 price & now im paying about 21 after tax.

[quote name='Bug42']Where are you guys and gals getting this coupon from?[/QUOTE]Amazon puts up coupons, usually the same coupon to the B&M in-store coupon Disney has on its movies around the time of release.

Though, the Amazon coupons are usually only available the first week or pre-order availability, so they can drive up pre-orders. You're not billed until shipment and most of the time it ends up being as good, if not better, than doing it in-store for release.

Occasionally the Amazon coupon is better than the in-store coupon (Tangled was an $8 coupon from Amazon and a $5 coupon in-store, which ended up being a better deal for $16.99 vs $19.99 in-store), though almost all of the time, they're the same.

[quote name='shrike4242']There may be a B&M coupon for it, though I would have expecting news about it by now.[/QUOTE]

yeah - even a $5 one from Disney would be good. Seems like the $8 days are long gone...

bread's done
Back