Infamous 2 $19.99 @ Target

Not to be a walking advertisement, but isn't this free if you're a Plus member now? I'd say it's worth putting the $20 toward a Plus membership if you want this because you get a ton of free games now.

true but some people cant spare the memory. I dont own a ps3 YET, but does 160 GB really get taken up quickly? I have a 120 GB and Im rocking that shit with 50+ arcade games and a couple of 6.0+ full game downloads.

^This. I can't believe how fast I've filled up my HD. The rep at Best Buy actually talked me out of getting the PS3 with the bigger HD, should have gone with my gut. I actually own three versions of the game now, Hero, Vanilla and Digital. $19.99 is a good price for this game though.

another issue with my ps3 and downloading games is that the wireless connection is horrible. i'm always having to run a wire through the living room if i need to download anything. i still have the big fat ps3, maybe it's changed since.

My connection is horrible also...it takes me about 1 hour per 1 gig. But I love my PS+. In the process of ordering a new HDD for my PS3. Found a 1 TB Western Digital for just order $100.

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']^This. I can't believe how fast I've filled up my HD. The rep at Best Buy actually talked me out of getting the PS3 with the bigger HD, should have gone with my gut. I actually own three versions of the game now, Hero, Vanilla and Digital. $19.99 is a good price for this game though.[/QUOTE]
Have to agree with the rep. It's cheaper to upgrade the hdd on your own rather than paying Sony the $50 for 40 more gigs. You can get a 500 hdd for $50 from Amazon or newegg

[quote name='jaygood17']It shows $29.99 online. YMMV?[/QUOTE]
I dont think so, it was this price at 3 targets I was at a couple days ago.

@Strait Edge, I cant remeber if the tag was a TPC or not.

I just recently got PS Plus as this was one of the free games which led me to get it. I have a 120GB PS3 but you can also add the games to your cart and checkout without downloading them. So you can download them once you are ready to play them. Although not convenient when you want to play something right away, PS Plus allows your console to turn on in the middle of the night and download stuff which has worked well for me. You can also have it shut itself when it finishes.

Unless you need a physical copy the $20 would go well towards the PS Plus sub. I just got it and I feel I've already gotten my money back and then some.

Will be pm'ing @ BB love physical over digital all day every day until I get trade in credit or be able to sell my digital games for cash physical as much as possible for me.

Thanks OP. Just picked up a non GH copy at Southpark Meadows (Austin, TX). They had 4 copies left.

If there was a way to sign up for PS+ without using a credit card, I would have done that instead.

[quote name='xsdeal']Thanks OP. Just picked up a non GH copy at Southpark Meadows (Austin, TX). They had 4 copies left.

If there was a way to sign up for PS+ without using a credit card, I would have done that instead.[/QUOTE]

I bought a PS Plus sub via a card, similar to PSN points. No credit card needed.

[quote name='deletion']another issue with my ps3 and downloading games is that the wireless connection is horrible. i'm always having to run a wire through the living room if i need to download anything. i still have the big fat ps3, maybe it's changed since.[/QUOTE]

Nothing's been changed. I have both models of the PS3 and the wireless connection is finicky on both. They didn't upgrade the wireless in the slim to 802.11n.

[quote name='jkam']I bought a PS Plus sub via a card, similar to PSN points. No credit card needed.[/QUOTE]

When I tried to redeem a PS+ code, it said that a CC is required to sign up.

[quote name='xsdeal']When I tried to redeem a PS+ code, it said that a CC is required to sign up.[/QUOTE]

NO credit card is needed when signing up for it. You just need to redeem the 12 digit ps+ code and that's it. They don't require a credit card for activation at all. The only time this happened was when they were giving out free 1 month ps+ memberships. Those promo codes always had to be link to a credit card. The codes you buy in store similar to the PSn cards as someone stated already requires no credit card.

[quote name='violentfox']in regard to the ps plus thing, are the game still playable after the plus expires?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Once plus expires, you can't access those games anymore unless you re-up your membership.

I did some blow with my uncle earlier this morning,before heading over to Target here in San Bernardino,CA.They had the game for $18. Its tempting,since i love the series so much,but i already have it digitally and would rather score some more smack today

[quote name='violentfox']in regard to the ps plus thing, are the game still playable after the plus expires?[/QUOTE]

Nope. If you expire an re-up you can start playing them again.

[quote name='Enuf']Will be pm'ing @ BB love physical over digital all day every day until I get trade in credit or be able to sell my digital games for cash physical as much as possible for me.[/QUOTE]
:applause::applause:
[quote name='xsdeal']If there was a way to sign up for PS+ without using a credit card, I would have done that instead.[/QUOTE]
You could either buy one of the 1 year cards or buy PSN cards for $10-20 till you reach the $50 as well.

[quote name='deletion']another issue with my ps3 and downloading games is that the wireless connection is horrible. i'm always having to run a wire through the living room if i need to download anything. i still have the big fat ps3, maybe it's changed since.[/QUOTE]

I really thought it was just me, I'm glad to know it's not. It's probably one of the top reasons I play on my Xbox more often then not. It's caused me to buy more than enough games for 360 instead...

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']^This. I can't believe how fast I've filled up my HD. The rep at Best Buy actually talked me out of getting the PS3 with the bigger HD, should have gone with my gut.[/QUOTE]

You saved $50 by going with the 160 GB PS3, use that money to buy a 750 GB internal HDD, I did the upgrade last week and I'll probably always have space for new PS+ content.

[quote name='shadowkast']Have to agree with the rep. It's cheaper to upgrade the hdd on your own rather than paying Sony the $50 for 40 more gigs. You can get a 500 hdd for $50 from Amazon or newegg[/QUOTE]

Sorry, maybe unrelated to this thread. Never done this before.
After you've upgrade to 500Gig.. how you ensure all the old materials transfer to the PS3 since you've to remove the old hard drive?

Maybe Pm will do. Thank you so much.

[quote name='cagfansub']Sorry, maybe unrelated to this thread. Never done this before.
After you've upgrade to 500Gig.. how you ensure all the old materials transfer to the PS3 since you've to remove the old hard drive?

Maybe Pm will do. Thank you so much.[/QUOTE]

Backup the files to an external HDD first or other USB device first.

[quote name='Stimes']Didn't know I2 has move support. Guess its been a while since I owned it, can't wait to try it out.[/QUOTE]

It was added on a later update. I tried it a long time ago with the Move controller and didn't really care for it. If you do dig the motion controls, Festival of Blood also offers up Move controls.

bread's done
Back