- - - - -

Apple iOS (iPhone, iPod, iPad) -- Ongoing Sales

#4141 IkedaTeramusa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3260 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

IkedaTeramusa

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:06 PM

Yea, I'm waiting for Junk Jack 2.

Tonight is the puppy I've been waiting for. Leviathan: Warships hits tonight. It's 4.99 for iPad (no iPhone). It also supposedly fully supports cross play between the PC and the iPad (though I think you have to pony up for both) (Edit: PC = 9.99 on Amazon; Edit 2 - If you pre-order apparently you get some heavy ships (but slow). Apparently Steam and everyone else is doing it for pre-order-ers).

I've been tapping my foot impatiently. Perhaps I'll try I Dig It HD until it hits :-)

#4142 ViolentLee   Still Man Fights CAGiversary!   3655 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:26 PM

Not saying Flow Max isn't a good puzzle app, but it seems like a copy of both Flow Free and Flow Free: Bridges.

In other news, the popular app, Multiponk, has dropped to free. From the few minutes I spent with it, it could be described as breakout/pinball hybrid featuring multiplayer against AI and other humans.

I ended up really liking Lost Cubes, which is also free: http://www.appshoppe...ames/lost-cubes
Started slow, but getting 3 stars on every level was a challenge.
However, nothing will top Pathpix: http://www.appshoppe...m/games/pathpix
Of course, Picross games aren't far behind. I'm enjoying iPad-only iPacross: http://www.appshoppe.../games/ipacross

#4143 hbomb   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   79 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:54 PM

Anomaly Korea is on sales for $1.99 again.

http://appshopper.co...s/anomaly-korea

#4144 Naked Snake Eyes   What would Snake do? CAGiversary!   6463 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Naked Snake Eyes

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:14 PM

I have a game that looks like pathpix, it's called Piczle Lines and I liked it enough to purchase some level packs. You get a large number of puzzles for free and then you can get more via IAP.

#4145 synonys   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   8 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:11 AM

Gravity App has gone free for a limited time. It's cool gravity simulator
appshopper.com/games/g-2

#4146 jcp42877   Semper Fortis CAGiversary!   2962 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:15 AM

Surprised we haven't seen Vice City hit lower than $4.99...and that it's had a 3 star-ish rating since release. Figured it would've updated by now.

#4147 ViolentLee   Still Man Fights CAGiversary!   3655 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:21 AM

I have Piczle Lines from say back. It didn't grab me back then but maybe I'll have to take a second look at it.

#4148 thedashrendar   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   25 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

thedashrendar

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:24 PM

Not a sale, but Eclipse: New Dawn for the Galaxy just released.
http://www.appshoppe...-for-the-galaxy

#4149 IkedaTeramusa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3260 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

IkedaTeramusa

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:15 PM

Just a quick bit: Played a bit of Leviathan: Warships iOS this morning. It's ok. Not sure $5 is the right range. But I also bought it on Steam for $9.99. The Steam version, too, is ok.

1. I think the single player is hard as hell and doesn't hand-hold. Mission 1 out of the tutorial I got whooped. Like big time. Then I figured out my arcs and my speed/momentum and things clicked a little better.
2. I also think they should have done a better job explaining the use/movement of these ships.
3. I think the multiplayer has some serious promise.
4. I think the customization options for your fleet should have been gone over. There is A LOT of information on that screen to figure out. Some I'll tinker with to figure out, some is frustrating.
5. Painless registering of my account through them. The default server is EU so if you're not paying attention that might catch you.

I would recommend waiting on a sale for both of them at launch. I think both versions show great promise but right now it just feels a bit clunky.

P.S. Apparently the game has temporarily been pulled due to a MP bug on the iOS.

(I'm going to duplicate this post on the other forum in case they are interested)

I will also admit to being disappointed on my High graphics detail and it just doesn't scream good graphics, even on my PC. Alot of the edges were jaggedy (especially landmasses and ships). I suppose I could force smoothing and the like but I thought it'd be pretty out of the box you know?

I will say the water effects look WAY better on the PC but the changing of the graphics on my PC still has the jaggedy rocks. I wish I knew how to do pics on my iPad so I could show a comparison.

PC Graphics:
Posted Image

iPad: Same shot (well 1 turn sooner)

Posted Image

Edited by IkedaTeramusa, 30 April 2013 - 03:54 PM.

#4150 razorracer83   I got the need for speed. CAGiversary!   423 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

razorracer83

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

Repulze just went on sale for 99¢, down from it's recently increased price of $2.99. Great Wipeout style futuristic racer that I recommend a lot.

https://itunes.apple...d573934243?mt=8

Also, Clear Vision 2 went free. This stick sniper game is short but pretty freaking sweet.

Clear Vision 2 HD (iPad): https://itunes.apple...d598565251?mt=8
Clear Vision 2 (iPhone/iPod Touch): https://itunes.apple...d598241102?mt=8

Edited by razorracer83, 30 April 2013 - 04:44 PM.

#4151 shumway   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   79 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:24 PM

Thanks for the post on Clear Vision 2. I enjoyed the first one so picking up the 2nd for free is a nice surprise.

#4152 Stimes   Get Some! CAGiversary!   2246 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:21 PM

Star Wars Pinball is on sale for $0.99
http://appshopper.co...ar-wars-pinball

Looks like the in app tables are half off as well.

#4153 prayformojo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   756 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

prayformojo

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:39 PM

Star Wars Pinball is on sale for $0.99
http://appshopper.co...ar-wars-pinball

Looks like the in app tables are half off as well.

And on sale within the Zen Pinball app as well.

#4154 Naked Snake Eyes   What would Snake do? CAGiversary!   6463 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Naked Snake Eyes

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:52 PM

I have Piczle Lines from say back. It didn't grab me back then but maybe I'll have to take a second look at it.

Be sure to check the DLC page, there are a few packs for free in addition to the pay ones.

Looking at Star Wars pinball, seems that it would be smartest to buy them as IAP from the main Zen Pinball game as that would open you up to optionally purchasing non-Star Wars tables all within the same game. Does that make sense or am I missing something? Maybe it doesn't matter since the Zen Pinball app is free.

The Zen Pinball app has lots of bad reviews cause of crashing, but seems to work fine on my iPod touch 5.

I just did some asking around and it seems the standalone has some sort of jedi/sith leaderboards feature that's not present in the Zen Pinball app. Doesn't sound like anything I'd care about.

Edited by Solid-Snake-Eyes, 30 April 2013 - 08:24 PM.

#4155 IkedaTeramusa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3260 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

IkedaTeramusa

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:18 PM

I've never had any issues with Zen Pinball. I'm not on it constantly but I do DL stuff when new tables come up (that I want). I picked up the SW ones and I prefer the SW Ep 5 one.

#4156 Naked Snake Eyes   What would Snake do? CAGiversary!   6463 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Naked Snake Eyes

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:42 PM

Just a quick bit: Played a bit of Leviathan: Warships iOS this morning.

I just read on Neogaf that this game was pulled from the app store due to the multiplayer not working, but a patch is in the works.

Hmmm, quiet thread today! In other news, just noticed that "I Dig It HD" dropped to the unprecedented price of $0.99 ... lower than it's ever been.

Just got a notification that I Dig It Expeditions for iPhone has dropped from 2.99 to 99 cents as well.

Edited by Solid-Snake-Eyes, 30 April 2013 - 08:23 PM.

#4157 IkedaTeramusa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3260 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

IkedaTeramusa

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:30 AM

Yep.. it got pulled sometime lastnight. I DL'd it lastnight before bed (bout midnight - 1am EST) with the intent to play this morning. All my efforts to link my accounts failed. It basically locked everything up. But the single player campaign (if you want to call it that) works. Some of the taps aren't quite as responsive as I'd like but I noticed that the taps that were failing on the iPad were very similar to the clicks that failed on my mouse. I'm thinking that some of the icons just have wierd "clickable" mapped areas.

#4158 Naked Snake Eyes   What would Snake do? CAGiversary!   6463 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Naked Snake Eyes

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:42 AM

Yep.. it got pulled sometime lastnight. I DL'd it lastnight before bed (bout midnight - 1am EST) with the intent to play this morning. All my efforts to link my accounts failed. It basically locked everything up. But the single player campaign (if you want to call it that) works. Some of the taps aren't quite as responsive as I'd like but I noticed that the taps that were failing on the iPad were very similar to the clicks that failed on my mouse. I'm thinking that some of the icons just have wierd "clickable" mapped areas.

You probably have a good case for getting a refund on the iOS version if you were interested in doing that, just saying. Having it taken off the store is pretty good evidence to point to that there's something wrong with it.

#4159 Seasick Pirate   Rachael's Superstar CAGiversary!   760 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Seasick Pirate

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:44 AM

Pixels & Dungeons is free until May 14, 2013.
Certainly not what I'm into at all. But looks like something that folks in here like so I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet.

#4160 Lord Hamm   Give me a Dollar! CAGiversary!   1092 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Lord Hamm

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:43 AM

Starbucks pick of the week

Mrs Pac Man

#4161 Stimes   Get Some! CAGiversary!   2246 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:31 AM

PowerPros 2013 World Baseball Classic is free
http://appshopper.co...aseball-classic

#4162 EvlD99   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   57 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:15 PM

I've never had any issues with Zen Pinball. I'm not on it constantly but I do DL stuff when new tables come up (that I want). I picked up the SW ones and I prefer the SW Ep 5 one.

I just started playing the Star Wars table purchased from within the Zen pinball app. I'm not getting crashes but I noticed if I pause the game and come back to it later that day it no longer continues where I left off. The app restarts. It's pretty annoying, especially when you are on a high score run.

The app used to remain suspended indefinitely until you came back to it.

#4163 Zimmy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   947 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:32 PM

Wow, Mrs. Pac Man never drops below 2 bucks.
I'm guessing it is the iPhone version only.

#4164 BrolyB593   I've been here well over a decade?!? o.O CAGiversary!   7716 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:41 PM

Wow, Mrs. Pac Man never drops below 2 bucks.
I'm guessing it is the iPhone version only.

Yeah is is but it looks alright on the iPad.

#4165 Naked Snake Eyes   What would Snake do? CAGiversary!   6463 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Naked Snake Eyes

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:07 PM

I got the Boba Fett table from inside Zen Pinball app. It's pretty cool. I find that I can't really take the time to appreciate or even notice all the stuff going on in these tables cause I'm trying to keep my eye on the ball while these 3D characters are doing whatever they're doing on the top or sides of the screen. But that's okay.

Edited by Solid-Snake-Eyes, 01 May 2013 - 07:06 PM.

#4166 Lord Hamm   Give me a Dollar! CAGiversary!   1092 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Lord Hamm

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:51 AM

Space Agency has gone free for the first time

Looks like a cool little Kerbal Space Program clone

#4167 keithp   Older than you CAGiversary!   5602 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:07 AM

Space Agency has gone free for the first time

Looks like a cool little Kerbal Space Program clone

Looks like IAP to unlock the game. Can someone confirm you get the whole game?

#4168 louiedog   20 minutes into the future CAGiversary!   5646 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:14 PM

The Journey Down: Chapter 1 is free again today. It was free a little over a month ago so you may have picked it up then.

#4169 Naked Snake Eyes   What would Snake do? CAGiversary!   6463 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Naked Snake Eyes

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:05 PM

Looks like IAP to unlock the game. Can someone confirm you get the whole game?

I read on another forum that the IAP is just to unlock solutions to each level.

I don't remember why I put Mazement on my watch list, but I did and it just went free.

#4170 Alien Spider   #SQUIRTLESQUAD CAGiversary!   1451 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Alien Spider

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:21 PM

Not free but Alphadia and Alphadia 2 are on sale for $.99 a piece. Any thoughts? Thinking about getting them but I'd love to hear if you guys played them and liked them.
http://appshopper.co...es/rpg-alphadia
http://appshopper.co.../rpg-alphadia-2

Also, A Weird RPG is free, looks interesting...
http://appshopper.co...mes/a-weird-rpg