- - - - -

PlayXBLA's Weekend Challenge

#31 lordopus99   Training for the silver CAGiversary!   5138 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

lordopus99

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:12 PM

I remember Cloning Clyde being a fairly good game. It was a little on the short side. Not sure if it shows age now.

#32 Khalid   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   828 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:45 PM

I was thinking about finishing Cloning Clyde, getting the two offline achievements for Uno from the compilation disc and buying Eets for two more achievements. I hope eets is not as bad as you guys are saying.

#33 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30572 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:13 PM

Eets is boring as hell, I beat about 40 levels by myself, then they started getting pretty tricky so I've just been using the solver.

Cloning Clyde is okay, I got pretty bored with that one by the end as well. It is a little dated, but holds up ok.

#34 sp8001   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   802 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:13 PM

I'm out this weekend. Only have uno and I'm not paying full price for those two old games. Cloning Clyde looked cool and I own eets on PC. Nothing special.

I wish they would stop picking subpar xbla games. I own most of the good ones.

hoping one of the prizes is skull girls so I can get it on the cheap off the trade forums.

#35 Khalid   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   828 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:50 PM

Done with Cloning Clyde, I just finish the game and the challenge. I will probably get all of them when I will have more time. I hope the Uno games are not too long, I never had play that game before.

#36 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30572 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:15 PM

Just to add insult to injury, the timers on some of the levels Eets are way BROKEN, making getting par times even harder. I just timed myself beating a level in around 17 seconds, and I'm being clocked at slightly over 25.

I was able to beat the game and get the Twenty Ninja Skillz achievements. I don't know who the two guys are that wrote the guide and made the videos for those, but I'd love to meet them and shake their hand. They were both extremely helpful.

I have 3 more Par times to beat and then I'm good to go for the weekend. Hopefully I can get these 3 figured out, as the timers are seriously fucked on at least 1 on of them.

EDIT: Got 'em! :)

Edited by tylerh1701, 21 July 2012 - 08:33 PM.

#37 lordopus99   Training for the silver CAGiversary!   5138 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

lordopus99

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:19 AM

I want to take part but Eeks at 800pts... no thanks.

#38 Khalid   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   828 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:19 AM

Alright done 2 achievements with Uno, the 40 games and the wild card. I did like 90-100 games... The online one seems like a pain because if someone quits it doesn't count. I will buy Eets tomorrow and do two more achievements.

How much time did it took you for Eets, tylerh1701?

I hope that the 2 games that they will give away will be good games. Any one knows what were the reward for the previous weeks? I know that last week it was Spelunky and Magic 2013.

#39 Wrong   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   283 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:47 AM

Any one knows what were the reward for the previous weeks? I know that last week it was Spelunky and Magic 2013.

Here are some pairs I remember:

Joe Danger + Showtime DLC

Fez + Splatters

Joe Danger + Raskulls

Sine Mora + Haunt + Alan Wake American Nightmare

Ms Spolsion Man + Half Minute Hero

Iron Brigade + Earthworm Jim

Trials Evolution + Avengers Pinball FX2 DLC

Marvel Vengeance/ Virtue Pinball FX2 DLC + Trials Evolution

Here are other games I don't remember the pair for:

Hybrid Beta
Hole in the Wall
Diabolical Pitch
Radiant Silvergun
Kingdom for Keflings DLC
Anomaly Warzone
Orcs Must Die DLC

#40 Khalid   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   828 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:00 AM

Alright, thanks. The list seems pretty good.

Edited by Khalid, 22 July 2012 - 04:13 AM.

#41 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30572 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:54 AM

Alright done 2 achievements with Uno, the 40 games and the wild card. I did like 90-100 games... The online one seems like a pain because if someone quits it doesn't count. I will buy Eets tomorrow and do two more achievements.

How much time did it took you for Eets, tylerh1701?

I hope that the 2 games that they will give away will be good games. Any one knows what were the reward for the previous weeks? I know that last week it was Spelunky and Magic 2013.

5-6 hours to beat all the levels and get all the par times. Maybe a little bit less if you start using the "Show Solution" option in the main menu right away.

There are frustrating moments though, so be prepared for that.

I'd love to get Tony Hawk this week, maybe that's wishful thinking but I'd sure be happy with it! :)

#42 Khalid   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   828 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:26 AM

Finally, I just beat all the levels and all the par times... At first it was not too bad, but some levels in the last two worlds were a pain in the ass.

I suggest them to do a deal of the week challenge. Hopefully, they will do it in the future.

#43 Strider Turbulence   Banned Banned   6540 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Strider Turbulence

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:09 AM

God, Eets is so fucking annoying. It feels like setting up the jumping puzzles are so random. I only have 1 more stage left to finish under time (.13 seconds off and it's pissing me off) and I'm done with this crap forever. Worst XBLA game I've ever played besides Yaris.

#44 mikeja72   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   166 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:06 AM

Hey, finished the 7 I needed (3 in Uno, 3 in Clyde, Twenty Ninja Skillz in Eets) but my xbox profile is not viewable by others on xbox.com for some reason. I emailed them screenshots from xbox.com showing what I had. Think that'll be enough? I tried setting my profile and game history to blocked, turned off/on the console, set both to everyone, turned off/on the console again. Im going to call xbox support when I wake up, hopefully it'll either resolve itself by then or they can help. Any idea what else I can try?

#45 Strider Turbulence   Banned Banned   6540 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Strider Turbulence

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:12 AM

It should be fine, they state in the rules to submit your gamertag or screenshots of the achievemets.

#46 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30572 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:14 PM

God, Eets is so fucking annoying. It feels like setting up the jumping puzzles are so random. I only have 1 more stage left to finish under time (.13 seconds off and it's pissing me off) and I'm done with this crap forever. Worst XBLA game I've ever played besides Yaris.

Ya Eets is really dumb. For games like that, the physics need to be perfect, and Eets isn't even close. You could do 2 runs with items in the exact same positions and get vastly different results. It's really stupid.

I wouldn't say it's the worst XBLA game I've played, but it's probably in the bottom 10%.

#47 mikeja72   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   166 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:40 PM

Ya Eets is really dumb. For games like that, the physics need to be perfect, and Eets isn't even close. You could do 2 runs with items in the exact same positions and get vastly different results. It's really stupid.

I wouldn't say it's the worst XBLA game I've played, but it's probably in the bottom 10%.

I could swear I've had the same happen to me. As soon as I got the Ninja achievement I bailed and wrapped things up with Cloning Clyde. The thing that bothered me more was the explosion physics. Something would explode and there would be just a bit that Eets would get caught on. Just times I wish the game were a little more forgiving to avoid the character getting caught on so much so often.

#48 toythatkills   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   32 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

toythatkills

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:52 PM

I think Eets is a LOT better if you're not trying to do 120 levels in one sitting. It can get frustrating so if you do a few and come back later it's a really fun game. Unfortunately, doesn't help much for this challenge, so you've just gotta grin and bear it. It's taken me about five years to finally complete all the levels and I enjoyed it :)

Bear in mind also for prizes that they only have MGS games to give away, so you're not gonna win Puzzle Fighter or anything like that.

#49 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30572 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:26 PM

I got Minecraft Skins and Trials Evolution. Not sure if I want to keep the Minecraft Skins or try to get a buck out of them.

#50 Sway   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2747 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:50 PM

Not exactly a challenge but it's PlayXBLA related:

Everyone dreams of stardom and your avatar is no different! There is of course a price for fame and in this case the currency is dedicating yourself to gaming and lots of it. Sounds rough I know… Should you and your avatar be willing to pay that price then the all new Avatar Famestars program is for you! The exclusive avatar items awarded only in Avatar Famestars marks your avatar as a gaming star! Click Read More to check out all the details of this amazing new way to game, screenshots, and a few of the Avatar item rewards!

Avatar FameStar is a new program from Microsoft Studios that delivers new and exciting ways to play online with your friends and compete for social recognition! Every Avatar FameStar game lets players earn Fame by accomplishing weekly and one time challenges, and with Fame comes rewards! Dress your Avatar with exclusive new outfits and items, and show your achievements off to your friends and competitors. Avatar FameStar puts you in the spotlight, bringing Avatar FameStar games together to reward people who play and compete!

Features:
• Earn Fame in a variety of games, including Wreckateer, and updates to Full House Poker and A World of Keflings to support the new program.
• As you earn Fame, unlock new avatar items and outfits, showing off your skills and achievements inside the games.
• Carry over your Fame from one game to the next – wear your FameStar outfit from Full House Poker in A World of Keflings. As new games release that support Avatar FameStar, you’ll have more ways to show off!
• Future titles that will support Avatar FameStar include Avatar Motocross Madness, Fire Pro Wrestling, and Homerun Stars. Keep an eye out for these and even more exciting new games!

Check out the list below for Avatar Famestar game details, screenshot galleries, and a sneak peak at a few of the avatar awards!

http://playxbla.com/avatarfamestar/

#51 mikeja72   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   166 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:10 PM

So we all get trials evolution and skins? Didn't they say 2 xbla games? Just disappointed since I have trials and have no interest in skins

#52 mikeja72   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   166 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:15 PM

Assuming it is. How would I go about trying to trade it with another cag? Hoping I can get spelunky or something. Honestly if it's the case that its 1 game and dlc, I probably wouldn't have bothered since I had to buy eets :-/

Edited by mikeja72, 23 July 2012 - 06:34 PM.

#53 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30572 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:47 PM

So we all get trials evolution and skins? Didn't they say 2 xbla games? Just disappointed since I have trials and have no interest in skins

Assuming it is. How would I go about trying to trade it with another cag? Hoping I can get spelunky or something. Honestly if it's the case that its 1 game and dlc, I probably wouldn't have bothered since I had to buy eets :-/

They said 2 XBLA game codes, so I guess that could be interpreted multiple ways. And this isn't the first time they've given away DLC (they did for Joe Danger and even gave away a worthless Hybrid beta code).

I wouldn't have bothered either, since I had to buy Eets as well. Oh well, live and learn. I won't be buying another full-price game to compete, I'll only go for it if I own all 3. I'm hopeful I can unload my Trials for $5 or so.

Trade here:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=281607

#54 Khalid   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   828 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:14 PM

Super disappointed by the reward... Trials Evolution, it's alright, but I already have the first one that I didn't even start yet. Minecraft skins, I have the game, but I really wasn't not expecting this...

#55 mikeja72   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   166 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:19 PM

They said 2 XBLA game codes, so I guess that could be interpreted multiple ways. And this isn't the first time they've given away DLC (they did for Joe Danger and even gave away a worthless Hybrid beta code).

I wouldn't have bothered either, since I had to buy Eets as well. Oh well, live and learn. I won't be buying another full-price game to compete, I'll only go for it if I own all 3. I'm hopeful I can unload my Trials for $5 or so.

Trade here:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=281607

Thanks, at a quick glance it seems unlikely I'll be able to find someone to trade spelunky for trails evolution, especially by the time I get the codes. Ah well, basically wasted 1200pts.

#56 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30572 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:28 PM

Thanks, at a quick glance it seems unlikely I'll be able to find someone to trade spelunky for trails evolution, especially by the time I get the codes. Ah well, basically wasted 1200pts.

Yeah Trials probably won't trade for Spelunky right now (it probably would have last week, since Spelunky was the giveaway game) but if you wait a few days Trials Evo should have some value on the trade thread again. I've found that patience actually does pay off when trading/selling on that thread.

#57 Strider Turbulence   Banned Banned   6540 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Strider Turbulence

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:02 PM

hahahaha, just like you guys I wasted $10 on Eets and disappointed with the prizes. Oh well, it was fun competing and playing Uno/Cloning Clyde.

#58 Khalid   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   828 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:54 PM

Too many complaints, they even closed the discussion.

#59 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30572 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:02 PM

Too many complaints, they even closed the discussion.

LOL that's funny. Especially since the complaints were pretty well thought out criticisms (which they ask for in the post), not just people cursing them.

Anyways, complaints are a good way to get them to stop the promotion all together.

#60 xbox_man   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   736 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:58 AM

minecraft skins and tials evo. does not sound too good for the people that did the challenge.
and i thought trials evo has already been a prize a couple of times?